Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Okay ... team on 4 points after 9 games.

21/22

Burnley / Newcastle (4) - Burnley relegated

Norwich (2)- relegated

20/21

Fulham (4), WBA (3), Sheff U (1) - all relegated

19/20

Watford (4) - Relegated

18/19

Huddlesfield (3) - Relegated

Newcastle (2) - Survived

17/18

Crystal Palace (3) - Survived

16/17

Sunderland (2) - Relegated

15/16

Villa (4) - Relegated

Sunderland (3) - Survived

14/15

Burnley (4)  - Relegated

13/14

Sunderland (4) - Survived

Crystal Palace (3) - Survived

12/13

QPR (4), Reading (4), Wigan (3) - All relegated

6 out of 8 teams were relegated that were on this number of points in the last 10 years. 75%!!! We're doomed!

• Sad 1

Like a few others have mentioned we are  a perfect storm for relegation,

We have a manager making awful in game decisions, and doesn’t know his best team or formation that now doesn’t suit these players and they look lost.

A squad that has one class player in Maddison who goes once a bid comes in from a top 6/8 team, 3 good players in Youri (who is leaving) Barnes (who is very hot and cold) and Timmy, and the rest are extremely average.

Confidence is extremely low even after a win against Forest and they capitulate like they did, for the 4th time with only 9 games played.

It’s all signs of a fragmented club from the board down not all pulling in the same direction.

Top and the board have lost control of the club once we moved to Seagrave, instead of improving and pushing on we have got worse on and off the pitch.

A re-evaluation of our situation needs to come from above, Maybe the improvement of the stadium needs shelving for a few seasons, and money going towards investing in the squad in Jan, as things stand at the moment we’re going down, as a playing squad we’re standing still and you can’t do this any season in the Premier League.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan

So hope I’m wrong but I’m genuinely thinking we’ll have to start getting used to life in the Championship again next season.

What a strange thought.

I’ve said for a long time on here (and got pelters for it) that our defence would be our undoing. And I’m afraid it looks like the chickens are coming home to roost.

Edited by Col city fan

It's gonna be the most embarrassing thing to be relegated down to the Championship so soon after winning the league and then FA Cup. Not to mention this crop of players who are far too good for it. 

We'll be picked apart like there's no tomorrow. And probably at cut-price fees too because the players will force the moves away.

• Sad 1

genuinely believe we could be playing in league one at the start of the season after next. we’ll not be getting any parachute payments thanks to the loans with the aussie bank, we’ll either have a mass exodus or be stuck with players on wages that will mean we’re just haemorrhaging money and getting points deductions. it’s really not going to be pretty 

• Like 1

The league table doesn’t lie. 7 defeats in 9.

Sustained decline over 18 mths.

Awful mentality 

Dropped 30 points from winning positions in 2022

Rodgers out

39036C4B-19D5-416F-9B36-69F8EEC99FBA.thumb.jpeg.89078210cdf062a1f8301bc2739d239f.jpeg

Edited by JimmyC74

9 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

The league table doesn’t lie. 7 defeats in 9.

Sustained decline over 18 mths.

Awful mentality 

Dropped 30 points from winning positions in 2022

Rodgers out

More impressive stats:

Last 19 away games ....... 2 wins 

5 away games this season .......  0 wins 19 goals against. 

Keep the faith 😳😡

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So hope I’m wrong but I’m genuinely thinking we’ll have to start getting used to life in the Championship again next season.

What a strange thought.

I’ve said for a long time on here (and got pelters for it) that our defence would be our undoing. And I’m afraid it looks like the chickens are coming home to roost.

Don’t think anyone has given you pelters for saying what is very obvious. It’s pretty much always a defences’ fault when things go bad. It’s not rocket science. If a team lets in more goals then it scores then there’s trouble. 

I lost faith in Rodgers ages ago. 

Now I've lost faith in how we are run as a club. 

All that progress and opportunity to establish ourselves as a top club looks like being thrown away.

Why? What changed? 

Top, fvcking sort it out man.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Today's game always felt like a key barometer of where our season might end up. Losing it in the manner we did is a very worrying sign. We're in big trouble. 

Totally agree with this. A win would have given us a bit more confidence, a bit of belief. As it is, we are back to square one. 

We have to win the next two home games, but I say this very much in hope rather than expectation 😢

6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Don’t think anyone has given you pelters for saying what is very obvious. It’s pretty much always a defences’ fault when things go bad. It’s not rocket science. If a team lets in more goals then it scores then there’s trouble. 

Very , very few teams prosper by trying to win games 4-3 and I have always been a fan of 1-0 victories , something we rarely seem to do except in cup finals.

5 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Totally agree with this. A win would have given us a bit more confidence, a bit of belief. As it is, we are back to square one. 

We have to win the next two home games, but I say this very much in hope rather than expectation 😢

Zaha will be loving it. Its going to be embarrassing.