Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Guest Col city fan
14 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Don’t think anyone has given you pelters for saying what is very obvious. It’s pretty much always a defences’ fault when things go bad. It’s not rocket science. If a team lets in more goals then it scores then there’s trouble.

Just read back through the last few months of the Amartey thread. 

1 hour ago, Mike1983 said:

Not keeping Kasper will be the difference between survival and relegation this season.

Kasper leaving wasnt that avoidable if he wanted to go. Not adequately replacing him when there were replacements available like Pope and Henderson was unforgivable.

Granted Pope is off form now and Henderson is overrated but both a lot better than Ward.

Genuinely at peace and come to terms with the fact that we will go down, and that's not being overdramatic at all 

I, like everyone, wants Brendan out, I've wanted him gone since the Forest Cup debacle, but I'm past the point of even voicing it now, what's the point, a loss no matter how big or humiliating is going to get him gone, the last month or so has shown that

I would honestly rather watch us play an exciting brand of football in the Championship then see this absolute sh*tshow carry on week in week out in the Premier League 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, copunk said:

Genuinely at peace and come to terms with the fact that we will go down, and that's not being overdramatic at all 

I, like everyone, wants Brendan out, I've wanted him gone since the Forest Cup debacle, but I'm past the point of even voicing it now, what's the point, a loss no matter how big or humiliating is going to get him gone, the last month or so has shown that

I would honestly rather watch us play an exciting brand of football in the Championship then see this absolute sh*tshow carry on week in week out in the Premier League 

Unfortunately this is where we are going as a club .

10 minutes ago, copunk said:

Agree with this entirely. Going down FACt!

Many of the squad and the manager have been having a ride on the back of Jamie Vardy.

Jamie has now reached his sell by date

and cannot paper over the cracks of a distinctly average squad and a completely 

Inept conman of a manager.

Could easily ‘do a Sunderland’ if we do go down. Left with a still eye watering wage bill - who the feck will take Ward Vestergaard, injury prone Ricardo, Ndidi and others off us - and an awfully unbalanced squad of premier league failed big bollocks wannabes and young kids who Rodgers and his bunch of clowns have avoided getting barely any league football into (Braybrooke, Maswanhise, Brunt etc) - it’s ugly now but it could get a lot lot worse 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

How do you even prepare yourself for something so horrible?

I mean don't get me wrong it's definitely happening and I've tried to come to terms with it, I've even tried convincing myself that actually it will be fun with no VAR

However

It's all a lie to make myself feel better

In reality it's actually going to be so grim and I'm not even sure we can bounce straight back again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, copunk said:

Exciting brand of football on the championship? That's assuming that Brendan isn't still managing us.

It can't be stated enough - if we go down, we're going to struggle not to be relegated two seasons in a row.  A club could hardly be placed worse to survive a relegation - financially, squad construction.  We're seriously effed if it happens.

This is not on Ward, this is not even on Rodgers anymore.  It's the board who bears the responsibility, and we all know who sits at the head of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Any fan who isn't prepared to vocalise their absolute disgust at him still being in charge here is complicit in our demise and inevitable relegation. 

Don't sit there and turn a blind eye, you're not far off being as responsible as the board.

The atmosphere needs to be toxic in there if he’s still in charge against palace. 

Anti Rodgers chants from the 1st minute!

• Like 1

Needing to average about 1.1 a game for the remainder of the season at least. We look very much one of the worst 3 sides in the division at the moment and the lack of movement on the top suggests a team sleepwalking into it. Thing is, we'd put ourselves in a position where it would have taken a huge **** up for us to become relegation fodder again, but it has happened.

Couple of things may see us safe:

- Surely eventually Brendan will go. We're running out of good fixtures for whoever comes in but eventually that change will happen.

- World cup could be a blessing. Bit of a reset mid season and allows us to go again in Jan onwards. 

- The league is very tightly packed, some who started well have fallen off a bit and others have picked up a bit too. Means it's all very congested in the middle. 6 points off the top half still.

It is very easy to fall into the typical negative football fan, but I look at the table and I just fancy us to go down.  I look at the teams above us and I can't see us getting out of trouble, rewind 2 years ago and I thought there was only one way for this club.  At least we'll make a great documentary at the end of the season.

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Just read back through the last few months of the Amartey thread. 

There are still some that have insisted our priority is a " right winger" . Look, we are not signing any more defenders but we need to get those we have organised and functioning as a unit. A great deal of extra training and work is needed. I think Jonny has got to take the lead on this , ignore Rodgers and the dud coaching , what can they do anyway.? They appear not to have a clue. Its time for the players themselves to take over the leadership.

12 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

We're going to have the best training ground and facilities in the Championship. I'm searching for positives other than my current COVID status, otherwise I'd cry.

I reckon the training ground is a curse. We've become so soft, pampered, physically & mentally weak.