Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I'm still in denial about getting relegated because the 'new manager bounce' will eventually save us IF the decision is made in good time. Even if it ends up being a bit of a scrap, as long as Rodgers isn't at the helm of it then I'm hopefully we'll still be okay. 

Maybe too optimistic but I just can't bear being in the Championship so soon after the euphoria of winning the league, playing in Europe and winning the FA Cup... 

• Like 2

This is only the 4th time since the PL’s inception that a side that finished the previous season in the top half has 4 or fewer points after 9 games.

Us

Sheffield United 2020/21

Everton 2005/06

Blackburn 1996/97

0robably only need 34/35 points to stay up this year as the only embarassing teams are us and Forest atm, who should both improve.

Relegation isn't even close to being an odds on possibility for me yet, but that will keep shifting the longer our incompetent board allow this clown to remain in charge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Any fan who isn't prepared to vocalise their absolute disgust at him still being in charge here is complicit in our demise and inevitable relegation. 

Don't sit there and turn a blind eye, you're not far off being as responsible as the board.

There is it seems a malaise in the club. The manager takes the plaudits when all is well. He has to take the blame for the decline since the cup win.

i do genuinely think we could be gone now. 6 points from forest and bmouth was so important. Not just to pull us up but to pull the 2 worst sides in the league towards relegation. It’s the 3rd side that would be tricky. Gifting bmouth 3 points and pushing them up to 12 points is genuinely horrific. 

They now won’t even be feeling the pressure of relegation. had we won there’d be 2 points between us and they’d probably start tumbling from there.

At the start of the season i thought it would be forest, bmouth and southampton and we’ve given 2 of them 3 points from winning positions now!! 

we have our most winnable part of the season and had we changed manager we probably would have pulled safe in the period but now we are likely to fluff the whole thing.  

Of course we have enough quality to win games but there comes a point where our heads will drop and we will stop getting the individual heroics we’ve relied on. Vardy is already looking a shadow of his former self. So bad form or even worse, injuries to maddison or barnes and i’m not sure how we score goals. 

It really is doom and gloom around here and after forest I think we all had that tiny belief that it was all going to be fine. The worrying thing, is that top probably felt that as well… which means he’s probably going to give him time now!! One swallow doesn’t make a summer but it does save a manager 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i do genuinely think we could be gone now. 6 points from forest and bmouth was so important. Not just to pull us up but to pull the 2 worst sides in the league towards relegation. It’s the 3rd side that would be tricky. Gifting bmouth 3 points and pushing them up to 12 points is genuinely horrific. 

They now won’t even be feeling the pressure of relegation. had we won there’d be 2 points between us and they’d probably start tumbling from there.

At the start of the season i thought it would be forest, bmouth and southampton and we’ve given 2 of them 3 points from winning positions now!! 

we have our most winnable part of the season and had we changed manager we probably would have pulled safe in the period but now we are likely to fluff the whole thing.  

Of course we have enough quality to win games but there comes a point where our heads will drop and we will stop getting the individual heroics we’ve relied on. Vardy is already looking a shadow of his former self. So bad form or even worse, injuries to maddison or barnes and i’m not sure how we score goals. 

It really is doom and gloom around here and after forest I think we all had that tiny belief that it was all going to be fine. The worrying thing, is that top probably felt that as well… which means he’s probably going to give him time now!! One swallow doesn’t make a summer but it does save a manager 

What’s mad about this post (and I don’t especially disagree with it) is that “it was all going to be fine” was probably just us staying up and maybe finishing lower-mid-table.

The re-setting of expectations is the most astonishing part of Rodgers’s dismantling of the club’s ethos, we were all laughing at him last season saying that he’d joined a club that was just happy to stay up but he’s certainly going to leave that way.

Make no mistake finishing outside the top 10 is a very poor season with this squad. The way people are talking now is that avoiding relegation is a good outcome (and of course it now is). We’re just 9 games into the season, it’s incredible how resigned everybody is feeling but completely understandable given the manager’s attitude and the club hierarchy’s indifference.

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

What’s mad about this post (and I don’t especially disagree with it) is that “it was all going to be fine” was probably just us staying up and maybe finishing lower-mid-table.

The re-setting of expectations is the most astonishing part of Rodgers’s dismantling of the club’s ethos, we were all laughing at him last season saying that he’d joined a club that was just happy to stay up but he’s certainly going to leave that way.

Make no mistake finishing outside the top 10 is a very poor season with this squad. The way people are talking now is that avoiding relegation is a good outcome (and of course it now is). We’re just 9 games into the season, it’s incredible how resigned everybody is feeling but completely understandable given the manager’s attitude and the club hierarchy’s indifference.

We’ve played poorly for 50% of his time here now. He’s had a hand in all of it.

Last season was a disaster but it was ‘all down to injuries’. Rodgers took a side with amazing potential, bottled a CL spot twice, won the cup and he’s going to leave us in the relegation zone.

It was all so avoidable too. The board have essentially zero foresight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

How can we be so bored watching us play with Maddison, Tielemans, Vardy, Barnes, Daka, Iheanacho, Castagne, Ricardo in the team? Our statistics are hideous.

21 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We’ve played poorly for 50% of his time here now. He’s had a hand in all of it.

Last season was a disaster but it was ‘all down to injuries’. Rodgers took a side with amazing potential, bottled a CL spot twice, won the cup and he’s going to leave us in the relegation zone.

It was all so avoidable too. The board have essentially zero foresight.

Lower xpts per game than Puel’s reign now.

Still see and hear people saying it’s not as bad as under Puel. It was demonstrably much better for a while and has been as bad or worse since February 2021.

Rodgers P133 Pts 199 (1.5ppg) Xpts 187 (1.41xppg)

Puel P56 Pts 70 (1.25ppg) Xpts 80 (1.43xppg)

And even if you’re one of those people that doesn’t like xG, over Rodgers’s last 56 games (ie the same length as Puel’s whole time here) we’ve taken 66 points, 4 fewer than Puel.

Edited by ttfn

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

I think we’re gone to be honest. The damage is so deep-rooted in the club and this first team squad that even a new manager can’t sort that out.   

3 points off 17th but in reality we’re miles off it.

I swear you spent all last season telling me that Rodgers is the best we can get and hes some sort of god. Now this season  we're already relegated in October lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I swear you spent all last season telling me that Rodgers is the best we can get and hes some sort of god. Now this season  we're already relegated in October lol

You don’t half talk some nonsense don’t you. Make it up as you go along 

Edited by TJB-fox

For me the big difference is that we have the squad quality not to be anywhere near relegation whereas the other 3 happened when we were punching above our weight and trying to squeeze the most out of a squad.

Thats why this one would be the worst to deal with compared to the previous 3 if we ended up going down.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

For me the big difference is that we have the squad quality not to be anywhere near relegation whereas the other 3 happened when we were punching above our weight and trying to squeeze the most out of a squad.

Thats why this one would be the worst to deal with compared to the previous 3 if we ended up going down.

Being bottom half would be a failure with squad. To even be discussing relegation is under performing to almost miracle levels

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

We wont get toxic. Worst it will get is folk walking out.

There was loud booing against Southampton long before the fans started walking so it will come if things continue as they are, when the away lot start openly calling for Rodgers to go, it aint to far away.

• Like 1

Just face it I'm afraid the club is a complete shambles. Half the squad will leave in the summer , Maddison the only shining light will have to be sold possibly in January. The Manager has lost any credibility recently and looking for his pay off. Hopefully the owners will still support the club even when relegated otherwise we are back to where we were before the last brilliant exciting few years. But hey hoy having supported the club since the early sixties what a ride we have been on 😊