Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Haha you're Incredibly short term thinker. Im confident you would have been one to vote Rodgers in after Forest 

I wish I was such a football visionary like yourself. 

You’ll struggle to come across more of a muppet on this entire forum than yourself, that’s even including the WUM’s and undercover Forest fans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

I wish I was such a football visionary like yourself. 

You’ll struggle to come across more of a muppet on this entire forum than yourself, that’s even including the WUM’s and undercover Forest fans. 

:pearson:

• Haha 1

People keep saying the quality of our squad will keep us up but that quality is in the midfield and attack, we have an absolutely woeful defence - that will be what relegates us. You can't win 3-2 every week.

Also, quality is pretty useless when the mentality is so week. We're in massive trouble.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

People keep saying the quality of our squad will keep us up but that quality is in the midfield and attack, we have an absolutely woeful defence - that will be what relegates us. You can't win 3-2 every week.

Also, quality is pretty useless when the mentality is so week. We're in massive trouble.

Get them doing the basics rather than having them all doing passing drills for 90% of the time and I reckon we'll see immediate improvement. This defence has basically been chasing champions league spots for the best part of 2 years. They're not as bad as people make out. Our horrific manager is making players we know are good look like they've never played the game.

They're weak willed and weak minded just like their manager. A proper manager (as in someone who's not a corporate drone, but actually knows how to deal with   humans) will come in and have a field day with these boys.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

You actually can if you have an attacking mentally. Certainly enough points to stay up.

Problem is we have a manager that loves to sit back when we take the lead, invite pressure, inevitably concede and lose all momentum.

If we continued with the same approach each time we’ve taken the lead we wouldn’t be in the mess we are this season. 

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

The goalkeeper is not exactly filling the defense with confidence either, plus why change the defense shape when you are one nil up by removing a player that was having a decent game when there was two other players who should have been subbed (Justin or Barnes) .. the manager is what will cost us not the team imo.

Guest Col city fan

I’ve said throughout the summer and since that the quality in our squad WONT keep us up imo.

We have a terrible defence. Justin has been pretty appalling this season at FB.

Wilf is always injured. Soumare is bang anverage imo. I’m not having that he’s much good in the Prem. 
Barnes blows hot and cold, Vardy looks to be on his last legs.

The only player we have of real class is Maddison. If he gets injured it’s game over.

I think many on here have blown up our squad to be better than it is.

And Rodgers just makes them worse.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Get them doing the basics rather than having them all doing passing drills for 90% of the time and I reckon we'll see immediate improvement. This defence has basically been chasing champions league spots for the best part of 2 years. They're not as bad as people make out. Our horrific manager is making players we know are good look like they've never played the game.

Because they were good two years ago doesn't make them good now does it? Evans has had loads of injuries, JJ had a horrific injury he's arguably not recovered fully from, Wes has left, Ricardo is out for the season and Faes is new and the jury is very much out on that one. We've sold our club captain goalkeeper and replaced him with a tea towel. That leaves Castagne. In my opinion, that's not 'basically the same defence'.

Agree that they're poorly coached. Kolo is an absolute joker.

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Because they were good two years ago doesn't make them good now does it? Evans has had loads of injuries, JJ had a horrific injury he's arguably not recovered fully from, Wes has left, Ricardo is out for the season and Faes is new and the jury is very much out on that one. We've sold our club captain goalkeeper and replaced him with a tea towel. That leaves Castagne. In my opinion, that's not 'basically the same defence'.

Agree that they're poorly coached. Kolo is an absolute joker.

They've not turned into league one players over night though. I've absolutely no doubts a fresh manager easily takes this group to mid table (given enough time). 

Why weren't people panicking like this when we were luckboxing results but effectively playing the same! It's so frustrating haha

Not to excuse our defenders, who have been terrible, but you defend as a team from the front. And the likes of Barnes, Tielemans and Soumare simply don't offer enough protection to the backline. And Vardy can't get about like he used to and unsettle the opposition in possession anymore, which I always felt was a key aspect of our defending.

16 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

i don't think it's our quality thats the problem, its our energy and work rate, that to me was the difference between Forest and Saturday, we just gave Forest everything and we got arrogant against Bournemouth

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They've not turned into league one players over night though. I've absolutely no doubts a fresh manager easily takes this group to mid table (given enough time). 

Why weren't people panicking like this when we were luckboxing results but effectively playing the same! It's so frustrating haha

I agree about management and that they should improve when Brendan finally gets the boot.

I still believe the defence isn't good enough and I thought that last season. It was pretty plain to see to anyone who watched us regularly and I think we all thought 8th place massively flattered us.

I agree about management and that they should improve when Brendan finally gets the boot.

I still believe the defence isn't good enough and I thought that last season. It was pretty plain to see to anyone who watched us regularly and I think we all thought 8th place massively flattered us.

Definitely in need of a make over, especially with Ricky P out who was a massive driving force behind out performances at our best.

I can understand us losing some attacking impetus from the back line, but any manager worth their salt should be able to coach a backline full of internationals into looking like a tight cohesive unit

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I believe a new manager would improve this lot.

But we really aren’t very good anyway. In the Premiership, having a top quality keeper is ESSENTIAL. It’s criminal that we let Schmeichel go and were content with this clown in goal.

A lot on here scoffed when we were linked with that German keeper who signed eventually for Fulham, but he is head and shoulders (no pun intended) above Ward.

The club has massively taken its eye off the ball for the last two years.

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

But we really aren’t very good anyway. In the Premiership, having a top quality keeper is ESSENTIAL. It’s criminal that we let Schmeichel go and were content with this clown in goal.

A lot on here scoffed when we were linked with that German keeper who signed eventually for Fulham, but he is head and shoulders (no pun intended) above Ward.

I agree. The goalkeeper situation is absolutely massive. Danny Ward is miles off it. You're right, a good goalkeeper is an absolute must these days and our's is a liability. 

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

think it needs a complete rethink, in shape and some of our personel, and i can only see that with a new manager

The strength of a team as a unit and manager can be more important than individual player quality as the bournemouth game proved.

Better talented players can of course mitigate it to a degree which is why clubs like Liverpool wont get relegated in a bad season, but our players are not good enough to not get relegated, I dont know why people think that.

The concerning thing as well is we dont have a Norwich or Watford in the league this season.  Forest were really bad when we played them, so beating them didnt leave me very confident we would be ok against other teams. this is why I wanted Brendan out before this run of games, I have no faith in him beating the teams around us.

Also Ricardo is so important for us but sadly he has turned into glass.  He seems to offer a lot of what we lack.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 08/10/2022 at 19:31, Nod.E said:

I lost faith in Rodgers ages ago. 

Now I've lost faith in how we are run as a club. 

All that progress and opportunity to establish ourselves as a top club looks like being thrown away.

Why? What changed? 

Top, fvcking sort it out man.

Leicester being well run was an illusion held up by a few exceptional players. Well, the last few years anyway.

Writing was on the wall when a fraud like Congerton somehow slipped through. There's no way any club with a brain touches that sort of track record. You won't see a Brighton or a Brentford abolish their model for any manager.

The best case scenario is this becomes a wake up call ahead of next season but in truth, as it is now it's clear there's no nous about us whatsoever and I feel our relegation is inevitable, even if it's not this season.

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

We don't score 3 goals 😉

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve said throughout the summer and since that the quality in our squad WONT keep us up imo.

We have a terrible defence. Justin has been pretty appalling this season at FB.

Wilf is always injured. Soumare is bang anverage imo. I’m not having that he’s much good in the Prem. 
Barnes blows hot and cold, Vardy looks to be on his last legs.

The only player we have of real class is Maddison. If he gets injured it’s game over.

I think many on here have blown up our squad to be better than it is.

And Rodgers just makes them worse.

Great post. Some of the media keep harping on that ‘Leicester have a good players, a good squad, BR is a good manager’ etc. 

They clearly spend too much time watching the ‘Big 6’ and are blind to anything below. 
We are where we are for a bloody reason. We are very poor. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ttfn said:

What’s mad about this post (and I don’t especially disagree with it) is that “it was all going to be fine” was probably just us staying up and maybe finishing lower-mid-table.

The re-setting of expectations is the most astonishing part of Rodgers’s dismantling of the club’s ethos, we were all laughing at him last season saying that he’d joined a club that was just happy to stay up but he’s certainly going to leave that way.

Make no mistake finishing outside the top 10 is a very poor season with this squad. The way people are talking now is that avoiding relegation is a good outcome (and of course it now is). We’re just 9 games into the season, it’s incredible how resigned everybody is feeling but completely understandable given the manager’s attitude and the club hierarchy’s indifference.

I honestly think it's the worst management I've ever seen. I cannot remember anything this bad. I hope he never ever gets another decent job, or better yet, he goes abroad and without his media mates is further exposed for the absolute gobshite he is.

We are still at a point where we can get away with a new manager coming in and getting us playing at a level that would be enough for bottom half / mid table over a full season and would keep us up

Unfortunately I can see him somehow ending up getting too many more games and makes it where we need basically top 7 form or something through the whole 2nd half of the season

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3