Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Nothing to do really with the Manager..

With 6 games to play before W.cup

I want to know if the players can lift their individual & team performances.

Even in a so called shackled style of play...

Everybody concentrates on defence frailities,but even when we are well in the game, we are only " just" converting

the odd goal...often not even that 2nd goal...Against Bournemouth we could only muster the one goal..where we 

" Could of had 2 maybe 3. difference between losing or drawing at least..

Daka against forest was I believe the

only goal, scored from the Bench this

PL season...

Maddison-Tielemans ain't working as our creative part of the midfield...

I would say time for Tielemans to sit on the Bench for a couple of games...

Praet the next player in line,

maybe..KDH-Praet with Maddison can be more the bullish physical push we need, instead of finess being too delicate at the moment..Add an ever

improving Soumare or even Mendy at the back of them,more holes might get

filled,and with Barnes grabbing & creating the forward space ,to help Maddison & Daka...

No matter what any coach/Rodgers wants implemented on the field it's the

Players that cover,find,defend,attack,create spaces.Tackle the opposition,and follow their own skill-set basics to control the ball.

Any odd individual who is shakey,should be able to be covered by his team-mates,many teams,usually carry a" doubtfull-selection" in their team..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 4

It’s a simple equation. If Brendan stays we go down. It’s that simple. His approach, tactics and philosophy are at odds with reality. He shows no capacity to change things because that would require a philosophical reset and he isn’t man enough, as already evidenced, to accept that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alfie.meadsy said:

After watching us loose to Bournemouth I generally think we are screwed. If nothing changes we are going to be in the championship. I reckon if we get down to the championship we will struggle as well. 

I think it depends whether any money available to spend. We have a lot out of contract but have some dead wood still in on obscene wages

“I am not thinking about it,” Rodgers said of relegation. “We are a very strong group and I believe that we will gradually take ourselves away from it.” This is what I meant about the need for honesty. The house is on fire. It’s fine to admit it. He also set a 40 point target.

5 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

1/4 of the season gone and we have 4 points. It’s absolutely outrageous. 

Disagree..it's not the 4pts or lack of,

it's the de ja Vue performances,that aren't giving fans enough encouragement that we can grow ,build & develope from this situation. 

It really is too early to judge,analyse the bottom positions,as well as Newcastle,

or present top 11-5 positions that they will have a super successfull season.

In my 62+ years,not one single area or 

individual position was decided...before

Xmas..Let's never forget various comfy or panic situations in the past..of Hull,

HUddersfield,Sunderland,Fulham,

Leicester city,Newcastle,A.Villa,Everton,WBA, Burnley,Northampton Stoke..

plus a couple more who have learnt both tastes,too good to go down early points, or totally crap start, but ended in top half positions..

Forest is the only team you look at and realistically see finishing below us - and that's obviously not enough.  At that, Forest has a good manager and they've committed to him.  The WC break could be huge for Cooper in trying to integrate the squad - if they're not totally buried by then I could them making a run in the second half and staying up.  They have a whiff of us in '14-15 to them.

It's fashionable to say Bournemouth, but they're already 1/3 of the way to safety.  They have a sort of peak-Burnley grit and stubbornness to them, I think they make it.  Who else?  Fulham may come back to the pack, maybe Villa.  Wolves are probably our other best hope but with a new manager they might have enough talent in the squad to sneak through.

Edited by Deeg67

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Forest is the only team you look at and realistically see finishing below us - and that's obviously not enough.  At that, Forest has a good manager and they've committed to him.  The WC break could be huge for Cooper in trying to integrate the squad - if they're not totally buried by then I could them making a run in the second half and staying up.  They have a whiff of us in '14-15 to them.

It's fashionable to say Bournemouth, but they're already 1/3 of the way to safety.  They have a sort of peak-Burnley grit and stubbornness to them, I think they make it.  Who else?  Fulham may come back to the pack, maybe Villa.  Wolves are probably our other best hope but with a new manager they might have enough talent in the squad to sneak through.

We're only 1/4 into the season and those sides that have started well IE Fulham will start to tail off.

Southampton and Brentford will be down in a relegation battle. I'm still convinved Leeds will be too.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We're only 1/4 into the season and those sides that have started well IE Fulham will start to tail off.

Southampton and Brentford will be down in a relegation battle. I'm still convinved Leeds will be too.

@Deeg67Dunno what's so funny with what I said. Have you got nothing to add except a laughing face?

I never said we wouldn't be in a relegation battle because we will, in fact I think we'll go down. But I still think Forest/Leeds/Fulham/Southampton/Brentford will be in a relegation battle with us too.

In 14/15 I never thought we were in a relegation battle as we were so far adrift I got to the stage of not bothering about results of teams above us. 

I think that could happen again but this current lot don't have the bottle to turn it around. Far too comfortable up at Seagrave. 

• Like 1

What hurts my heart the most is the fact that we have a squad that is very good, if we had awful players I'd expect this and be realistic. Rodgers has ripped the soul out of this team, rudkin and the rest need to go for actively allowing it and top needs to seriously be questioned or sell if he doesn't act. This is like being stuck in sinking sand.... RODGERS OUT, PROTEST FOR THE FUTURE OF THE CLUB 

If I had any say in this, I'd get Rodgers out, Dyche in, and move the training back to Belvoir Drive (I'm sure the women's team wouldn't be that upset moving up to Seagrave). It would probably piss off our sensitive first team squad but it would give an indication who is still up for the fight. Something needs to done to create that team morale. 

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

“I am not thinking about it,” Rodgers said of relegation. “We are a very strong group and I believe that we will gradually take ourselves away from it.” This is what I meant about the need for honesty. The house is on fire. It’s fine to admit it. He also set a 40 point target.

Herein lies the problem. “Set a 40 point target”…. He’s pretty much told the group that they’re all shit. 

Shock, horror, “we invited the pressure” said Jonny Evans. This has been one of the problems for so long now and nothing changes, take the lead, sit back and it’s only a matter of time before the opposition score.

We are terrible defensively, crumble under pressure and are physically and mentally weak.

The old saying “the best form of defence is attack” needs to be applied if we are to have any chance of staying up, only the manager is too stuck in his outdated ways to change. 

14 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Can any see where the next points are coming from.?

Because I can't.

We just don't have the right blend in the squad and we're carrying to many passengers.

We don’t have the players who will roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the relegation scrap, no leaders, we are weak both physically and mentally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We don’t have the players who will roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the relegation scrap, no leaders, we are weak both physically and mentally.

That's what I mean, We're to small and to light. We need to sign a few strong physical mobile players even if they aren't technically as good.

That would give us a chance to compete.