Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Previously I was saying this tongue in cheek but now I'm convinced it's actually going to happen. The board either aren't capable or aren't bothered or both. 

Going to genuinely catastrophic and I just hope there's going to be a club left to support at the end of it.

I've come to the conclusion we're going down, with or without Rodgers.

Even if we bring a new manager in, at least he'll have different ideas but he's stuck with poor goalkeeper and not enough qualty out wide.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Even if we bring a new manager in, at least he'll have different ideas but he's stuck with poor goalkeeper and not enough qualty out wide.

I happen to disagree !!    

I believe there is enough talent on the team to avoid relegation if there was a good manager in place. There is still lots of time with someone who knows what they are doing.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And the thing is when we go down everyone will look round and say "how did that happen, what went wrong", like the writing hasn't been on the wall for about 18 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And the thing is when we go down everyone will look round and say "how did that happen, what went wrong", like the writing hasn't been on the wall for about 18 months.

This will piss me off no end. Too many people have lapped up his bullshit for too long. The acceptance of the drop in standards is the worst thing for me 

• Like 4

Nailed on if we persist with Rodgers. Unbelievable he's still in post. Time is running out. If the club is waiting until after the WC that could prove suicidal no matter who is brought in to replace him. As a lifelong fan and the third of a four generation family who've supported this club across three different centuries, this is the most alienated I have ever felt. Worse than suffering through the Shipman years, administration or relegation to the third tier. We had finally climbed to the summit of English football only to jump off a cliff and throw it all away. Like many others I'm genuinely in despair! We must get vocal at the Palace game even if there is another false dawn, if we are to save our club from itself!. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Forest is the only team you look at and realistically see finishing below us - and that's obviously not enough.  At that, Forest has a good manager and they've committed to him.  The WC break could be huge for Cooper in trying to integrate the squad - if they're not totally buried by then I could them making a run in the second half and staying up.  They have a whiff of us in '14-15 to them.

It's fashionable to say Bournemouth, but they're already 1/3 of the way to safety.  They have a sort of peak-Burnley grit and stubbornness to them, I think they make it.  Who else?  Fulham may come back to the pack, maybe Villa.  Wolves are probably our other best hope but with a new manager they might have enough talent in the squad to sneak through.

Sad but true 👍 

2 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Nailed on if we persist with Rodgers. Unbelievable he's still in post. Time is running out. If the club is waiting until after the WC that could prove suicidal no matter who is brought in to replace him. As a lifelong fan and the third of a four generation family who've supported this club across three different centuries, this is the most alienated I have ever felt. Worse than suffering through the Shipman years, administration or relegation to the third tier. We had finally climbed to the summit of English football only to jump off a cliff and throw it all away. Like many others I'm genuinely in despair! We must get vocal at the Palace game even if there is another false dawn, if we are to save our club from itself!. 

Yup, its actually a lot more enjoyable watching other teams play at the moment, as we are so predictable and inconsistent. 

48 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Absolutely, this was being told a long time ago and largely dismissed as rubbish, yet here we are.

It’s pitiful that we have a good squad, some great individuals within that squad, but a manager incapable of seeing how to use the players he has. If is philosophy isn’t working with the players we have, then FUCHING change your philosophy you utter bumblefuch of a man. 

Guest Col city fan
48 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

This will piss me off no end. Too many people have lapped up his bullshit for too long. The acceptance of the drop in standards is the worst thing for me 

To be fair, a lot of that bull-shit has been lapped up in here for too long too.

In the ‘where do you think we’ll finish’ thread, just look back at how many people thought we’d get top 6/7! Literally someone put 2nd!

Even myself ( being a Leicester pessimist) put 11th I think?

And how many people would have been more than happy to give Amartey a new contract! And ripped me to shreds when I dared to suggest I’d never give him a new contract in a million years.

But that’s football fanism. Most of us are fickle as fook.

What would be fascinating to read will be people’s opinions if Rodgers DOES now miraculously turn this around and we start to rush up the table. 
That could be the herald the biggest FT u-turn of opinion ever! Just a thought..

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

But that’s football fanism. Most of us are fickle as fook.

Are we fook. Fickle my arse.

Madly, blindly, stupidly loyal is what we are. To our club. Or at least to whatever we think our club is; whatever our club means to us. People keep calling football fans fickle and it pisses me off no end. Football fans are the least fickle people in the world. That's why clubs can keep taking us for granted and ripping us off.

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Rodgers’ half time talks must be something to behold . It’s pitiful how naive and transparent his tactics are . I can’t see him turning this run round 

And it's very odd, because for the first couple of years, when he had us playing some wonderful stuff, he'd make brilliant tweaks and changes, and it was really exciting to have a manager who could do that stuff, the best at it we'd had in years. We'd be a goal down at half time and you'd genuinely be confident that he'd change it up and we'd turn it round.

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I love that Rodgers have genuinely managed to convince some of the fan base that this is a relegation worthy squad lol

Come on lads, don't fall for it. 

Doesn’t matter that it isn’t at this point, it appears we will stick with him so long whoever comes in won’t have enough games to save us without an unrealistically high win % 

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Are we at the point where we want Villa to beat Forest despite Villa being 16th as we re playing for 19th place above Forest now?

Personally, I want everyone to beat Forest. the only exception being if we need Forest to take points off someone else in order to keep us up.

Incidentally, if they don't lose tonight and dump us back to the bottom of the league, does that put more pressure on the board to sack Rodgers?