Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, F T Fagos said:

Personally, I want everyone to beat Forest. the only exception being if we need Forest to take points off someone else in order to keep us up.

Incidentally, if they don't lose tonight and dump us back to the bottom of the league, does that put more pressure on the board to sack Rodgers?

Probably more likely they give him a new contract!

I still hear people at my work say " nah we ain't going down", in a very flippant manner.

Look at the last 2 years.

Look at put recent games

Now look at the table...nothing to suggest we AINT going down.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And the thing is when we go down everyone will look round and say "how did that happen, what went wrong", like the writing hasn't been on the wall for about 18 months.

And a lot of those players who have took us down will be waving goodbye and staying in the Premier League elsewhere. 

17 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

And a lot of those players who have took us down will be waving goodbye and staying in the Premier League elsewhere. 

Which would be necessary given their wages.  We could build a team round Iverson, Faes, KDH and Daka imo.

At the moment i'm more convinced than ever we are going down. This bunch of players don't have the stomach for a dogfight, mentally they're far too fragile. The manager has completely lost the plot. Maybe a different manager might have an impact but it's still doubtful.

We're screwed and a lot of this is on Top and the board for allowing us to sleepwalk into this position.

Guest bennytwohats
10 hours ago, Lewis's Junior said:

It's a sure sign when more or less EVERY player is well below his peak that it's the Manager who needs to go. Don't forget we have players on the bench that could easily change the shape or personnel, and on paper they aren't relegation material either (Kel, Praet, Soyuncu, Mendy, Perez, Albrighton). But teethy nob cheese isn't interested.

I thought relegation was unthinkable; but the longer the inertia at the Board level continues, the more certain it becomes. 

Assume we need 36 points to stay up, the average recently. If we sacked him tomorrow, we'd need to average 1 point a game to scrape home. 

Give it til the world cup without picking up points and we need 1.4 points a game.

The longer it goes, the more dramatic a turnaround we need. Forget the talent, it'll be picking up fragile confidence as the first order of the day. 

We got just over 2.1 points per game in the Prem winning season. Only takes us to something like end of January before we need title winning form to stay up. 

Totally get what you’re saying but worth keeping in mind that the difference between title winning and staying up is needing to do it over a whole season vs doing it for a short run. We see it frequently that a team at the bottom goes on a decent run over a few games and shoots out of the bottom 3. Eg Newcastle last year.

I do agree with your general point though, we can’t afford to leave it until the task is insurmountable, but I’m staying optimistic as I think we are still some time away from that. In my mind the worst thing that can happen is we sleepwalk towards it - picking up a few points here and there, enough to keep Rodgers in situ but not enough to get us up the table. It’s a huge concern tbh after Forest followed by Saturday and no action from the board.

2 hours ago, Raj said:

I still hear people at my work say " nah we ain't going down", in a very flippant manner.

Look at the last 2 years.

Look at put recent games

Now look at the table...nothing to suggest we AINT going down.

Exactly. Look at the evidence. And the way we are playing it is hard to see us winning any games away from home. 

Said on Saturday and I'll repeat until its corrected. You can have an absolute mint squad. But if you collectively don't run hard enough or can't run hard enough, you don't win football games. Bournemouth's goals came from us being lazy, workshop and also unfit. 

You win most Premier League games if you win the 'second ball' as you pick the ball higher up the pitch when defences are more likely shorthanded. 

• Like 1

It’s looking more like when, but if we go down, surely we would go down with one of the biggest wage bills in history? Which is a sure indication that we will be royally ****ed, to the point where we could end up financially ruined? 

One dreadful bonus is that the contract situation means we won’t have to rely on selling some of the higher earners.

What a dreadful mess we’re in. Selling the club might be the best move, there are some American billionaires who are wanting to invest into the premier league now, particularly ones who own NFL teams in a bit to extend their franchise.

Still don't think we'll go down. As soon as we sack Rodgers, we will start picking up points- the longer we leave it, the more likely relegation becomes but it's only a couple of wins to get up to the midtable pack at this stage.

Edited by Ted Maul

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s looking more like when, but if we go down, surely we would go down with one of the biggest wage bills in history? Which is a sure indication that we will be royally ****ed, to the point where we could end up financially ruined? 

One dreadful bonus is that the contract situation means we won’t have to rely on selling some of the higher earners.

What a dreadful mess we’re in. Selling the club might be the best move, there are some American billionaires who are wanting to invest into the premier league now, particularly ones who own NFL teams in a bit to extend their franchise.

Top’s words..
“Demonstrating our commitment to long-term sustainability has become a necessary priority.

“Leicester City’s overall financial position is entirely secure and underpinned by my ongoing personal commitment and that of my family.

“The club is as safe in our hands as it has been every day for the last 12 years.”

13 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'm coming round to this view, having previously thought we had too much quality to be struggling for long.  The names on the team sheet look good on the whole but take a closer look and it is a less rosy picture. Taking what is probably our first choice team one by one:

Ward - hopeless

Timmy - solid but being asked to do the job of 2 men as we're not playing with a wide right player

Evans - past his best, appears to be struggling to cope physically in the PL these days

Faes - unproven, seems a bit rash

Justin - never been the same since returning from his ACL. A shadow of his former self. 

Ndidi - another who is a shadow of his former self following a catalogue of injuries and being asked to play in a way that he doesn't have the skillset for.

Youri - has lost his edge as he doesn't want to be at the club and is simply seeing out time.

KDH - runs around a lot but his quality on the ball is lacking for a PL midfielder. 

Maddison - brilliant player but needs to play as a proper 10.

Vardy - so far off it at the minute you can't help fearing that he is finally coming to the end. 

Barnes - you can see his ability in flashes but he is soooo frustrating to watch for most of the time. 

Rodgers - a manager who has totally lost his way, the fans and probably the players.

All of this comes from Rodgers, btw. 

Anyone who is in denial of the possibility we can get relegated is deluding themselves.

Football doesn't wait for anyone and whilst we try and work out our failings and continue to lose match after match after match the trapdoor just opens wider.

There's even the harsh reality that we do turn a corner but by which time its to late because right now there are not 3 worse teams in this league than us.

9 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Still don't think we'll go down. As soon as we sack Rodgers, we will start picking up points- the longer we leave it, the more likely relegation becomes but it's only a couple of wins to get up to the midtable pack at this stage.

Agreed but the question is WHEN!? send Rodgers to the gulag and bring someone else in. We fans have the obligation to save our club. Someone needs to storm the field or something. We can't be complicit in this 

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

We were out of the bottom 3 this weekend at one stage, I think the overall Premier League standard is a lot lower than people make out. The fact we finished 8th last season was quite frankly astonishing, we were appalling.  

However, I won't be confident of staying up as long as Rodgers is in charge. He is the opposite of the manager you need in a relegation battle, he's too stubborn for it, his teams have no bottle and he certainly can't get players up for a fight. 

I’d imagine a proper thrashing from Palace at the weekend would finally end him? It’s one thing getting battered by Spurs, but getting Battered by Palace would really show how far we’ve fallen. I can’t see anything other than a very comfortable Palace win. 

But sacking him now would be also insane, as we’ve all mentioned the club had the best part of two weeks to sort things out and chose not to. The idea gets more insane by the minute. 

14 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Obviously we shouldn’t be in the relegation zone, but our squad is nowhere near as good as our fans seem to think it is. 

That squad is good enough. 

A team who finished 5th twice in a row, 8th once, won a FA Cup and Community Sheild is good. 

However, when your manager comes out and says we need a major shake up, that'll cast doubt into alot of minds. Is it me who's not good enough etc? 

That conversation/comment should have been left behind closed doors and been said to Rudkin, Whelan and top. Not casted to the World media. 

Players who aren't good enough to be here. 

Amartey, Ward and Albrighton. 

Cags needs a massive pick me up, currently not considered good enough for us but the likes of Chelsea and Atleti are looking at him? 

Ricardo massive pick me up - God bless him, let him stay injury free and hopefully there's a glimmer of his former self in there somewhere? 

Ndidi - see Ricardo

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1