Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

For my point of view  Leicester should bring 1 player of academy every year to first team,  the best player  from academy but real best one, not the favourite;  the reality its we bring the wrong  players  in to the club like Soumarè and we could just bring Tavares  to first team  and save 30million that's just an example,  Vestergaard and Bertrand are proper bad players  what a waist of money.    Just by the right players  to help the first team . And most important its MR Rudkin needs to renew players contract  2 years before finished otherwise they  don't  play  for the club for to long years, you can't renew a contract when it's a year left,  there's not a player  who renew a contract when it's a year left and the club its I the midle of the  table or worst.  If you got financial problems  you can't by expensive players every season, so that's why  1 academy player  will help. That's  what I think 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I’d almost guarantee if Dyche came in he’d bring the workhorse back in in a second and we’d all be saying at the end of the season how vital his commitment was to keeping us up. 

Talent or not, it’s a massive thing that’s pissed me off when Brendan has questioned players commitment but then doesn’t give minutes to the one player who would give everything for this club. 

I’m not for a second saying it’s ideal, but I’m the situation we’re in right now he’d be in my XI Saturday, especially at home! 

Agree re this as poor as we have been this season I cannot understand why Albrighton hasnt at least been brought on for the last 20 mins in a game.  He wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 100 per cent.  Premier league winner too, yet, a few on here dont rate him, not good enough etc, etc.  Same should be said of Barnes.  Goal aside against Forest, he has been woeful this season.  Yet, Albrighton who hasnt played, gets slated.  Give him a game, certainly would have nothing to lose.

Sign of a madman, keep doing the same things over and over and expect different results............tis Bodgers in a nutshell.  It will be the same team as Bournemouth, another loss incoming.

Edited by suffolk fox
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Agree re this as poor as we have been this season I cannot understand why Albrighton hasnt at least been brought on for the last 20 mins in a game.  He wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 100 per cent.  Premier league winner too, yet, a few on here dont rate him, not good enough etc, etc.  Same should be said of Barnes.  Goal aside against Forest, he has been woeful this season.  Yet, Albrighton who hasnt played, gets slated.  Give him a game, certainly would have nothing to lose.

Sign of a madman, keep doing the same things over and over and expect different results............tis Bodgers in a nutshell.  It will be the same team as Bournemouth, another loss incoming.

Sorry but "heart on sleeve" and "gives 100%" aren't good enough reasons to start a game. People always use this for Albrighton, is he not good at anything else? lol Even in his prime he never scored or assisted enough.

The only positive of Albrighton playing is that we have nothing out wide. I agree RE Barnes, he is not good enough and, again, if we had better quality out wide he wouldn't be in the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 13:53, StanSP said:

Interesting because when Rodgers says we need a refresh (in fact, what were his actual words?) it was the worst thing in the world. 

We just needed to adapt and grow. We did buy, just very badly. 

The thing is Rodgers only used it as an excuse and didn't say it when things were good. He's a master of words and says things that you can't disagree with on paper. 

He could say the "the sun is hot" and it'd be as much use as half the stuff he says. It's factual, but it's not leading to anything. That's why people get annoyed with what he says. Not the content, but the context

8 hours ago, Simon alex said:

For my point of view  Leicester should bring 1 player of academy every year to first team,  the best player  from academy but real best one, not the favourite;  the reality its we bring the wrong  players  in to the club like Soumarè and we could just bring Tavares  to first team  and save 30million that's just an example,  Vestergaard and Bertrand are proper bad players  what a waist of money.    Just by the right players  to help the first team . And most important its MR Rudkin needs to renew players contract  2 years before finished otherwise they  don't  play  for the club for to long years, you can't renew a contract when it's a year left,  there's not a player  who renew a contract when it's a year left and the club its I the midle of the  table or worst.  If you got financial problems  you can't by expensive players every season, so that's why  1 academy player  will help. That's  what I think 

That’s a really good point to make, all top players have to start out at the beginning and some are slower starters improving with the experience.

Absorb and protect the academy player coming through, some may become top players and either do us proud or even command a decent transfer fee in the future!

Sounds too easy to me!

8 hours ago, Simon alex said:

Tavares who left because he wouldn't sign a new contract and is now ripping it up with his 0 apperences for Porto B. There are alot of problems not using tavares in the first team is not one of them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but "heart on sleeve" and "gives 100%" aren't good enough reasons to start a game. People always use this for Albrighton, is he not good at anything else? lol Even in his prime he never scored or assisted enough.

The only positive of Albrighton playing is that we have nothing out wide. I agree RE Barnes, he is not good enough and, again, if we had better quality out wide he wouldn't be in the team.

With our tendency to die off and lose our heads (and winning positions) away in the second half of games this season, there could be an argument that a committed, workhorse, vocal old salt is exactly what the team needs with half an hour to play 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

How dare people go out and enjoy themselves after a crappy day at work. Shocking, I tell you. Shocking.

Getting absolutely plastered (to the point where you’re being an absolute bellend) mid season, that’ll do wonders for our performance levels :whistle:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

2 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

How dare people go out and enjoy themselves after a crappy day at work. Shocking, I tell you. Shocking.

A "crappy day"? If only it just came down to that. 

Remember the huge expectation surrounding the prospect of the quarter finals of the FA Cup in 2015 and we blew it away to a sub-par Villa? Many of the players didn't look like they wanted to be there (Mahrez in particular), or that they'd been out on the piss on Broad Street the night before. Schwarzer made Danny Ward look like Lev Yashin in comparison. In spite of that, I also recall the subsequent outrage on FT because Paul Konchesky dared to go for a curry that evening in Birmingham with his wife to celebrate his birthday. Classic Foxes Talk. That. I'd say was "a bad day at work".

This season, and our recent form preceding it can hardly be perceived as such. Of course players need to have a life and an outlet, but I'd be inclined to suggest that this was rather ill judged in terms of the current sentiment surrounding the situation at the club and terrible timing to boot. Of course it's going to rile the fans. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2022 at 09:59, moore_94 said:

We are still at a point where we can get away with a new manager coming in and getting us playing at a level that would be enough for bottom half / mid table over a full season and would keep us up

Unfortunately I can see him somehow ending up getting too many more games and makes it where we need basically top 7 form or something through the whole 2nd half of the season

Our great escape season has perhaps made top think there is plenty of time, but that was a miracle in itself.

12 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I recall the huge expectation surrounding the prospect of the quarter finals of the FA Cup in 2015 and we blew it away to a sub-par Villa. Many of the players didn't look like they wanted to be there (Mahrez in particular), or that they'd been out on the piss on Broad Street the night before. Schwarzer made Danny Ward look like Lev Yashin in comparison. In spite of that, I recall the subsequent outrage on FT because Paul Konchesky dared to go for a curry that evening in Birmingham with his wife to celebrate his birthday. Classic Foxes Talk. That. I'd say was "a bad day at work".

This season, and our recent form preceding it can hardly be perceived as such. Of course players need to have a life and an outlet, but I'd be inclined to suggest that this was rather ill judged in terms of the current sentiment surrounding the situation at the club and terrible timing to boot. Of course it's going to rile the fans. 

Tielemans mentioned in the International Break that the players themselves need a break from it as well, which he is spot on about, as the current situation will be all the players end up thinking about which wont do them any good

If this is how they choose to blow off steam in their own free time to take their minds off it, then so be it

The players shoud be free to do whatever they want to do within their own free time as long as it has no impact on their ability to train or play, which at this time there is no evidence that this event has done

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Tielemans mentioned in the International Break that the players themselves need a break from it as well, which he is spot on about, as the current situation can be all the players end up thinking about which wont do them any good

If this is how they choose to blow off steam in their own free time to take their minds off it, then so be it

The players shoud be free to do whatever they want to do within their own free time as long as it has no impact on their ability to train or play, which at this time there is no evidence that this event has done

Christ, they must be bladdered literally every night of the week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Tielemans mentioned in the International Break that the players themselves need a break from it as well, which he is spot on about, as the current situation will be all the players end up thinking about which wont do them any good

and they win the next match

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Absolutely agree and they are afforded that by the nature of what they do. I don't disagree that they should be at liberty to pursue their free time as they wish so long as it doesn't impact on or compromise their performance in training or match day. At no point did I suggest that it does, merely that in view of the strong feelings and resentment currently directed at the club due to our current morass, immediately after yet another poor performance, it was perhaps an imprudent decision on their part. Of course it's going to be viewed with anger and resentment. But chiefly, my point was, this isn't just an isolated 'bad day at work'. 

44 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Remember the huge expectation surrounding the prospect of the quarter finals of the FA Cup in 2015 and we blew it away to a sub-par Villa? Many of the players didn't look like they wanted to be there (Mahrez in particular), or that they'd been out on the piss on Broad Street the night before. Schwarzer made Danny Ward look like Lev Yashin in comparison. In spite of that, I also recall the subsequent outrage on FT because Paul Konchesky dared to go for a curry that evening in Birmingham with his wife to celebrate his birthday. Classic Foxes Talk. That. I'd say was "a bad day at work".

Surely for a footballer there's no better time for a night out than immediately after a match. Otherwise it might impact on preparation for the next one.

Sorry, but I just don't buy into the idea that players in a poorly performing team should don hair shirts and do penance when they're not at work. If they don't do anything against the terms of their contract, if the club don't have a problem, then it's none of our business how they relax.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Surely for a footballer there's no better time for a night out than immediately after a match. Otherwise it might impact on preparation for the next one.

Probably, but in terms of the current volume of incensed supporters of the club, it was clearly not a tactful or well judged decision. 

6 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Sorry, but I just don't buy into the idea that players in a poorly performing team should don hair shirts and do penance when they're not at work. 

Neither do I. But I do think that in the current situation it may be prudent to exercise at the very least a semblance of sensitivity. Particularly since this is not as you suggested simply a 'bad day' which as I said was the main reason for my response. 

8 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

If they don't do anything against the terms of their contract, if the club don't have a problem, then it's none of our business how they relax.

I wouldn't make it 'my business' and if it doesn't negatively impact upon others, then I'd agree. However, right now, you'll find that rightly or wrongly, there are plenty that don't. 

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Barnes along with Madders are our last two diamonds that would fetch big money if they left. I’ve said it before on here, the hardest thing to do in football is take the ball past someone and make things happen. You can’t do it every time every game or every week. What a shame we got rid of Demari Gray so easily, he needed an arm round his shoulder ( like all wingers) and be told he was having a run of ten games, he would’ve thrived. Albrighton interestingly is one of those wingers who doesn’t have to beat his man, just half a yard and it’s in with quality, and guess what, putting a right footer on the right whipping balls in and we will see the resurgence of a certain starved Mr Vardy! Who knew you could have a right foot and play on the right!

• Like 1