Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Bollocks to that. I'll never be embarrassed to support my club.

I might be embarrassed at how crap they are though.

If points were awarded for quality at least half the teams in the PL would be relegated to Div. 1. The standard is appalling at the moment.

• Like 1

If we do get relegated, and there is no doubt it’s more likely than not, it’ll be the most disappointing relegation I’ve endured down the years just because the attacking quality should have seen us at least mid table but clearly squandered by a terrible defence, arrogant manager and no apparent urgency at the top.

Previous relegations I’ve witnessed at least a sense of inevitability about them.

1978- terrible managerial appt, awful signings

1981- young team lacking experience, if we had stayed up that year I always wonder what Jock Wallace could have achieved.

1987- a poor managerial appointment and a team that looked weaker each year after promotion in 1983. 

1995 - a team that just lacked a lot of quality for its first season in the premier league. Losing Little didn’t help but probably still gone down if he had stayed.

2002 Peter Taylor

2004 -  should perhaps have stayed up , never known a team to lose so many points late on or from great positions - Wolves!!

2008 - a circus of a season off the pitch, total drudgery on the pitch. With the points total and goals conceded a tad unlucky but balanced against a toothless attack.

culmination of mediocre appointments and players.

2023? On paper a team that should have been mid table but the mixture of an arrogant, but bored/frustrated ,manager and and drift at the top of the club proved too much too overcome. In affect sleepwalked into the championship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

we totally dominated Palace today but just didnt have that finish in the final third. Palace beat Leeds who we have next, Wolves looked shocking today against Forest who we beat 4 nil, it's all about teams we all have left to play but I'm on the optimistic bus, if we can put in performances like today every week, but with the finish, we'll have no problem. We didn't play like a bottom 3 side today imo.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

we totally dominated Palace today but just didnt have that finish in the final third. Palace beat Leeds who we have next, Wolves looked shocking today against Forest who we beat 4 nil, it's all about teams we all have left to play but I'm on the optimistic bus, if we can put in performances like today every week, but with the finish, we'll have no problem. We didn't play like a bottom 3 side today imo.

Using our only win in 10 games as a positive seems a bit desperate lol

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I'm just saying on watching a lot of football, there are at least 3 teams who are worse than us

On what sample size though? This season we've been nothing short of an embarrassment barring Forest and today if you wanna include that as a good performance. Forest are as shit as us. Other than that I just don't see an argument to suggest there are actually 3 teams worse than us. 

If you mean by squad talent then I fully agree that we're not the worst but he has no idea how to organise them and let them thrive 

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm just saying on watching a lot of football, there are at least 3 teams who are worse than us

How?

We conceded 22 goals in our first 8 games, winning zero games. 

Today we drew to a Palace side that came here for a draw, who were there for the taking. 

Even when we are finally relegated we’ll have people claiming we were too good for relegation and unlucky.

The running of this club is an absolute shambles, from top to bottom, the squad has been mismanaged, contracts have been given out willy nilly, the transfers have been disastrous, the manager has been given too much power and actively is calling out the fans and the board, the board is silent and giving the fans nothing, the fans would rather argue with themselves than actually face up to the problems and even the ****ing ticket office has been pulling stunts for years and getting away with it scot free. 

Maybe we do need a relegation and start again from scratch, because it’s proper in the gutter stuff what we’re having to witness week in week out, on all aspects of this football club. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

In almost every aspect of my life I have some level of control or influence. I can do something about whatever is unfolding in front of me. 

This is different, it feels alien, we can all see how our club is being overcome by the rot. And we are powerless to it…  

This is the source of my frustration… what can I do!? What can any of us do!? How can we influence the club to make a change.

6 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If points were awarded for quality at least half the teams in the PL would be relegated to Div. 1. The standard is appalling at the moment.

I genuinely don't think there's much of a gap between 8th-10th and the top of the championship, as has been shown by Leeds and Brentford finishing near mid table in the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, 99.1% BLUE said:

In almost every aspect of my life I have some level of control or influence. I can do something about whatever is unfolding in front of me. 

This is different, it feels alien, we can all see how our club is being overcome by the rot. And we are powerless to it…  

This is the source of my frustration… what can I do!? What can any of us do!? How can we influence the club to make a change.

I'm trying to use this as my source of comfort. I'm not supportive of the people doing this to us or the direction we're going in so what's the point in getting upset? 

I've seen some people try to parallels to this shit show with Nigel Pearson's great escape team and its quite frankly incomparable. That squad and manager had bollocks and it was clear to see what we were trying to do. Not to mention the difference in resources the two have had. It's so disrespectful to our past

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How?

We conceded 22 goals in our first 8 games, winning zero games. 

Today we drew to a Palace side that came here for a draw, who were there for the taking. 

Even when we are finally relegated we’ll have people claiming we were too good for relegation and unlucky.

The running of this club is an absolute shambles, from top to bottom, the squad has been mismanaged, contracts have been given out willy nilly, the transfers have been disastrous, the manager has been given too much power and actively is calling out the fans and the board, the board is silent and giving the fans nothing, the fans would rather argue with themselves than actually face up to the problems and even the ****ing ticket office has been pulling stunts for years and getting away with it scot free. 

Maybe we do need a relegation and start again from scratch, because it’s proper in the gutter stuff what we’re having to witness week in week out, on all aspects of this football club. 

I think each match can be analysed in different ways, but the crux of it is we have some players in the first team who may have the quality but are questionably not giving 100%.

The first 55 minutes against Brentford we looked brilliant and were cruising, we tired in the heat though and Brentfords fresh legs wiped the floor with us, a Rodgers brain fart.

Arsenal and Spurs we went for it and at a certain point just gave up.

I think at times we just havent had the strength of character amongst the team required to battle for 90 minutes for the win. We showed that we can do it against Forest as I think there was a bit of revenge for the cup result in their heads, but some of the other games some of the players have given up. I'm someone who does think it isn't entirely Rodgers fault but thinks a new manager would probably help, we do have the players to get out of this though if they're motivated enough

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think each match can be analysed in different ways, but the crux of it is we have some players in the first team who may have the quality but are questionably not giving 100%.

The first 55 minutes against Brentford we looked brilliant and were cruising, we tired in the heat though and Brentfords fresh legs wiped the floor with us, a Rodgers brain fart.

Arsenal and Spurs we went for it and at a certain point just gave up.

I think at times we just havent had the strength of character amongst the team required to battle for 90 minutes for the win. We showed that we can do it against Forest as I think there was a bit of revenge for the cup result in their heads, but some of the other games some of the players have given up. I'm someone who does think it isn't entirely Rodgers fault but thinks a new manager would probably help, we do have the players to get out of this though if they're motivated enough

Fair play for answering and I do agree slightly, just think as it stands we stand zero chance of staying up. 

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm trying to use this as my source of comfort. I'm not supportive of the people doing this to us or the direction we're going in so what's the point in getting upset? 

I've seen some people try to parallels to this shit show with Nigel Pearson's great escape team and its quite frankly incomparable. That squad and manager had bollocks and it was clear to see what we were trying to do. Not to mention the difference in resources the two have had. It's so disrespectful to our past

Sorry, just to clarify… you are saying that the fact you can’t do anything is what brings you comfort. If so, yes, I see where you are coming from… 

Just now, 99.1% BLUE said:

Sorry, just to clarify… you are saying that the fact you can’t do anything is what brings you comfort. If so, yes, I see where you are coming from… 

Yeah exactly that. I'm not saying it doesn't still hurt because it does but I'm not supportive of the decision makers at the club so my hands are clean lol

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Who???? Other than Forest

Forest, Wolves, Villa, Leeds, Palace, Southampton will all struggle and we can get better results than these. I think it's about picking the players with the right attitude who are up for the fight, and todays mistake was leaving nacho on the bench till 85 mins

We really needed 9 points from the last 3 games to begin to pull away but instead we ended up with 4 points in what is our easiest run of games this season.

Unless the manager is changed within the next 2 games we are toast. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Forest, Wolves, Villa, Leeds, Palace, Southampton will all struggle and we can get better results than these. I think it's about picking the players with the right attitude who are up for the fight, and todays mistake was leaving nacho on the bench till 85 mins

Out of these we’ve played half of them and came away with 4 points. Its daft to say we’ll get better results than them. 

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
8 hours ago, jonathan_ross said:

Embarrassed to call myself a supporter of this joke of a club right now

Fek off then.  Embarrassing that you posted this shite.  Glory boys are the embarrassment, true city fans would never be embarrassed to be a supporter just disappointed at how things are at times.

Edited by glasgowfox