Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

What concerns me is the January transfer window and long drawn out sagas involving our best players. We are only a few good results away from getting out of the danger zone at the moment and the table is very tight up to the top 5. But coming back from the break to Newcastle and Liverpool is a difficult start and the wheels could be very wobbly at a key time for matches vs Fulham, Forest and Brighton. 

Really important couple of away games now before the break as many others have said. 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2022 at 09:22, ARM1968 said:

Yeah I said back when we bottled 4th again that it was the beginning of the end. Obviously I got pilloried because we won the FA Cup. However the enormity of losing CL has indeed caused the ripple effect I feared and I can see no other outcome than our eventual fall back into the Championship. Still, most of us have been through that and worse. Actually enjoyed league 1. 

You really are a ray of sunshine 

Losing to Everton or West Ham away in isolation isnt horrific but if we lose both, we could be looking at zero ppints in 5 games if you factor in the Man City game before and Newcastle/Liverpool after Christmas. Unless a few teams drop off a cliff we really need to win at least one of our next 2 you'd feel.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 3

On 31/10/2022 at 16:27, coolhandfox said:

We need to go back to finding those little gems, easy to forget Maddison was just a Championship player when he arrived a Tielemans was a player Monaco didn't want. 

Plenty of good players at a decent price in lower leagues and aboard, just about finding the right ones, look at Wout Faes for example.

I'm convince one of the reasons we went for Glover from Southampton as head of recruitment is due to he work at Southampton operating on a lower budget. 

...we did spend £25m on Maddison to bring him in, it wasn't as if he was hidden away and we unearthed a little gem!!!

Bringing in Glover seems to be pointing to the talents that we have seen mentioned on this forum and he seems to be getting these acquisitions at the right price. This was what we needed after  Puel, to find quality at a low price  and build a team loaded with talent. Looking to spend £40- 50m on Trincao was where we went wrong,  there were enough posters on here, saying there was affordable players just as suitable out there.

We spent far too long looking in the wrong direction. 

A top 6 club perhaps would not take a look at Glover,  they would have the money and the clout to bring in anyone they want, so someone like Glover would not be needed. We are about the right size for him, at the moment a Villa or Everton like club with finance would suit him.

I had my reservations regarding another Southampton connection turning up on our doorstep, but if he continues to pull gems out like Faes, it starts to give you a Pearson vibe. The player has talent, we know he will fit the team ethics, because we did our research. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Today could be a bad day for us. Leeds, Forest and Wolves could all win before we play. Back to bottom of the pile.

On the flip side, Brentford and Bournemouth would still be within reach. 

Although we are still in a poor position, had the last month gone badly we could be well adrift right now.

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Today could be a bad day for us. Leeds, Forest and Wolves could all win before we play. Back to bottom of the pile.

Bad day it is. A loss tonight would plunge us into a very negative and toxic place.

Lost all hope that Top will sack Rodgers so it really is a must win just to keep the shitstorm at bay.

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Bad day it is. A loss tonight would plunge us into a very negative and toxic place.

Lost all hope that Top will sack Rodgers so it really is a must win just to keep the shitstorm at bay.

The other results were OK for us, could have been better but much worse too.

Guest Col city fan

Interesting that this thread has now been 'relegated' to page 3.

I hold my hands up, a few weeks ago i could not see how we got out of the hole we were in. I don't think many could.

But the last few games have been Rodger's masterclasses tbf. 

How many would be 'Rodgers out' now i wonder?

Edited by Col city fan

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Pray for Matt during this difficult time - I hope he is managing to post some rays of positivity in the forum somewhere 

He must be hating it. Really hating having nothing to moan about lol 

• Haha 1