Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Youri can be signed on a pre-contract by European clubs in January I think.

I reckon there'll be an agreement of some sorts with such a club. No British club will pay a fee given his contract situation in summer. I guess it also depends on which club Youri might have his heart set on, if any.

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Youri can be signed on a pre-contract by European clubs in January I think.

I reckon there'll be an agreement of some sorts with such a club. No British club will pay a fee given his contract situation in summer. I guess it also depends on which club Youri might have his heart set on, if any.

January might be the time that we force the hand of one of the big six, knowing he can sign a pre contract with one of the major clubs in Europe, if any of them want Youri, they will have to stump up the cash before he signs for a European club. 

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

While we've lost 2 in a row,

Bournemouth rescued a point against Chelsea.

Villa beat Hotspur away.

We really need to take extreme caution week in week out.

Bournemouth lost to Palace.

Forest drew against Chelse:thumbup:

Guest Col city fan

I think we need to be cautious yes.

Villa look much better.

Wolves I think will improve under this new manager.

Fulham are just a good side.

Palace we all know can go on a decent run.

Leeds are very energetic.

The sides who DO look poor at present are Southampton, Everton and Bournemouth.

And I think if we played Forest tonight, they’d have beaten us.

The Fulham game is a really big one I think.

Think we'll drop and with a turbulent summer approaching could be the lesser of two evils.

Could be saying goodbye to 5/6 players and having to bring in enough quality for the premier league will be tough and I dont fancy witnessing more dross from us struggling to stay up.

At least in the championship we would already have a few more than decent players for that level and might be a more attractive option to other clubs in that league in terms of making new signings.

Don't win Tuesday and I think we're back in real shit. I think there's enough other poor sides around for us to be OK but we were never fully out of this. We've also not beaten a top half side for a year so we get what we deserve really.

4 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Think we'll drop and with a turbulent summer approaching could be the lesser of two evils.

Could be saying goodbye to 5/6 players and having to bring in enough quality for the premier league will be tough and I dont fancy witnessing more dross from us struggling to stay up.

At least in the championship we would already have a few more than decent players for that level and might be a more attractive option to other clubs in that league in terms of making new signings.

Out of interest what makes you think we’ll drop?

I think we’ve proved when we’ve played the struggling teams - Wolves, Forest, Leeds, West Ham and Everton we have been far better than them.

Southampton and Bournemouth also appear to be sliding and I’d expect us to beat them when we played them again.

We’ve returned from the break and played two teams who are looking for Champions League football this season. The Newcastle game was poor from our perspective, and we were very unlucky against Liverpool. But we are clearly better than at least 3 teams in this division.

On the players departing, we are in need of a refresh. We’ve known this for a while and it should have happened last summer. Next season will be a completely different season to this one, and that will largely depend on how we invest and which players step up. 

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Don't win Tuesday and I think we're back in real shit. I think there's enough other poor sides around for us to be OK but we were never fully out of this. We've also not beaten a top half side for a year so we get what we deserve really.

I think this largely shows where we are and the quality of our squad. We have brushed aside most of the bottom half teams and been well beaten by the top half teams. We are a mid table side.

It would be great to get a win against Fulham and get that top half monkey off our back.

I've said it before.

Most of our team is low Premier league/Chsmpionship standard players at best.

Only Madders and Youris 3 to 5 games a season are top notch.

Vardy will always be a legend but doesnt have the edge now.

No top 10 remier league club would buy any of our players apart from the 2 mentioned.

This is an accumulation of very bad signings on very good salaries and we are stuck with most of them.

Its inevitable.

• Like 2

We've got more than enough quality to stay up but having watched quite a few of the sides towards the bottom of the league over since the return to action I'm starting to get worried. Every game I've watched those teams regardless of the scoreline have shown bags of energy and lots of fight. Unfortunately I don't see that in our performances, however whether you play Sunday League or Premier League you need to demonstrate these qualities as the bare minimum if you want to be successful as they're variables that you can control. As such I'm pretty nervous about our upcoming games. Lose those and we're in real trouble. 

• Like 1

We'll be okay. We are better than every side currently beneath us in terms of ability to score and pick up points - Leeds will get out of it too as they have firepower but looking at Southampton West Ham Everton Bournemouth etc.... I reckon we'll be okay.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Nick said:

We'll be okay. We are better than every side currently beneath us in terms of ability to score and pick up points - Leeds will get out of it too as they have firepower but looking at Southampton West Ham Everton Bournemouth etc.... I reckon we'll be okay.

Good post Nick

I agree… I think we’ll score enough to stay up.

2 hours ago, Raj said:

I've said it before.

No top 10 remier league club would buy any of our players apart from the 2 mentioned.

This is an accumulation of very bad signings on very good salaries and we are stuck with most of them.

Its inevitable.

Are you saying Fulham, Brighton and Brentford wouldn’t look at Ndidi, Faes, Castagne, Soyuncu, Justin (When fit), Barnes etc…

We are not top six level now, but we have some more than adequate players at this level. 
I’d say most of our squad are average Premier League players - the two you’ve mentioned are top 6 players. The rest are middle of the road average Premier League Players. I don’t think we’ve got anyone in our squad out of their depth playing Premier League football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raj said:

I've said it before.

Its inevitable.

I'm afraid you are right. Seven of the first team squad at least will not be here next season , the Manager has about as much incentive as they do too. Transfer window will be interesting and probably pound shop buys due to lack of funds. Complete refresh needed and if it's in the Championship so be it.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats

This forum is nuts. We oscillate between a relegation fight to being back in the running for Europe over a period of 3-4 games.

We are going to finish mid table, anyone who confidently predicts otherwise needs to calm down.