Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

This forum is nuts. We oscillate between a relegation fight to being back in the running for Europe over a period of 3-4 games.

We are going to finish mid table, anyone who confidently predicts otherwise needs to calm down.

Confident predictions with little to no basis in reality are this forums speciality.  I thoroughly enjoy reading them.

• Like 1

We aren't even halfway through the season. We don't have to be in 4th spot to not assume the worst. I'm not one of those people who thinks Leicester fans have become entitled and shouldn't expect us to push for a european place or trophies but I think people have become too used to relegation not even being a possibility over the last couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Are you saying Fulham, Brighton and Brentford wouldn’t look at Ndidi, Faes, Castagne, Soyuncu, Justin (When fit), Barnes etc…

We are not top six level now, but we have some more than adequate players at this level. 
I’d say most of our squad are average Premier League players - the two you’ve mentioned are top 6 players. The rest are middle of the road average Premier League Players. I don’t think we’ve got anyone in our squad out of their depth playing Premier League football.

I said no top 10 would look at our players.

The ones you stated I would confirm what I said...

• Like 1

This transfer window could make or break our season. If we get some decent players in and the whole place picks up with good performances we survive until the summer where the club has to make some seriously tough decisions about the future.

we cannot continue like we have. Need some stability back please 🙏🏽

At home this season in the league we've managed two wins, seven league wins all last year, relegation should not be discounted because we are weak at the back and now struggle to score goals. Unless they are own goals of course :colder:

• Like 2

Been spoiled in recent seasons.Usually built up a bit of a safety net by now.In the past couple of mid table years,there’s always a bit of a lull.Thank goodness we got those points on the board early etc.That luxury isn’t there this time.

It’s a bit like when teams start with a points reduction,come out fighting then run out of steam and get sucked back in.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

There are so many ‘similar’ teams whose form looks to have improved since the WC. Brentford tonight are doing excellently so far against Liverpool and that’s without Big Toney.

We really do have to bounce back tomorrow night. To not lose is imperative 

Realistically, any team is capable of going down. 

Looking through our squad we do have quality, however we’ve been ravaged by injuries. 

Of those injuries, people aren’t returning to the levels they previously were. 

Pre injury, Justin, Evans, Ndidi and Ricardo would have been wanted by the top clubs in the league. They’re all broken though. 

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed.

There’s 3 worse sides than us.

Not sure it’s as comfortable as some are making out though. It also hinges a lot on us keeping Maddison & Tielemans.

It’s just a shame we can’t play the bottom 6 more than twice a season 😂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

This forum is nuts. We oscillate between a relegation fight to being back in the running for Europe over a period of 3-4 games.

We are going to finish mid table, anyone who confidently predicts otherwise needs to calm down.

It really depends upon which hat you're wearing? :ph34r: