Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

I don't think we will go down.  I think we will have another small purple patch which will give us 4 or 5 wins on the spin, and this will be just enough to coat over the other 15 odd games of shit we will be served up either side of it. 

We have two more periods of fixtures where there’s a few winnable games. The first is now: 

Fulham, Forest, Brighton, Villa. You’d expect us to pick up 4-6 points from these games. 

We then have a period where I genuinely can’t see us picking up more than another 4-6 points.

Spurs, United, Arsenal, Saints, Chelsea, Brentford.

This probably (by my pessimistic viewpoint) gives us ~30 points with 10 games left. 

48 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

There’s 3 worse sides than us.

Not sure it’s as comfortable as some are making out though. It also hinges a lot on us keeping Maddison & Tielemans.

It’s just a shame we can’t play the bottom 6 more than twice a season 😂 

Already lost against Southampton and Bournemouth so your theory is ?

55 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

It’s just a shame we can’t play the bottom 6 more than twice a season 😂 

You laugh, and I laugh, but you’re right really. At the minute we are beating teams below us (aside from Southampton very early into the season).

I don't expect us to be relegated but let's be honest .... It's a possibility !!!

We need to put some distance between us and the drop zone now because points are progressively harder to to come by as the season moves along.

48 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm more concerned about next season and the direction of travel. We probably will avoid it this season and then we'll likely lose some key players. The next two transfer windows (this one included) are imperative imho. Failure to act and there may not be 3 worse teams next season.

Agreed!

Also ,based on our history we are due a relegation

No 13 unlucky for us?

1 minute ago, Mike1983 said:

At £85M/yr wages, 7th highest in the PL, relegation will bankrupt us.

Yes quite probably it would.

Back into Administration 

football is cyclical anyway .

Whatever happens we have had a great

10 year ride.

The club will still be here for us all

bankrupt or not.

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm more concerned about next season and the direction of travel. We probably will avoid it this season and then we'll likely lose some key players. The next two transfer windows (this one included) are imperative imho. Failure to act and there may not be 3 worse teams next season.

I completely agree. I think this season will be fine but considering how poor our recruitment has been, I expect us to go down next season

• Like 1

We won't go down but this season is a stark warning about what could lay ahead with a bad summer. A fair few players moving on, Vardy another year older, and lots of work to do on the squad. Teams coming up having a good go now too, we're paying for some horrible transfer business.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

We won't go down but this season is a stark warning about what could lay ahead with a bad summer. A fair few players moving on, Vardy another year older, and lots of work to do on the squad. Teams coming up having a good go now too, we're paying for some horrible transfer business.

..and pissing away lucrative CL football on the last day of the season.... twice!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

We have two more periods of fixtures where there’s a few winnable games. The first is now: 

Fulham, Forest, Brighton, Villa. You’d expect us to pick up 4-6 points from these games. 

We then have a period where I genuinely can’t see us picking up more than another 4-6 points.

Spurs, United, Arsenal, Saints, Chelsea, Brentford.

This probably (by my pessimistic viewpoint) gives us ~30 points with 10 games left. 

I think we will be lucky to get 8 points ( 25 points) with 10 games remaining; hopefully from those 10 games we can accrue enough points to stay up, relative to the bottom three.

I would be more optimistic if Rodgers changes his ways and plays two strikers upfront and changes the formation to suit the players we have etc.

Those 8 points coming from Imo

Southampton (win) 

Brentford ( draw)

Villa (win)

Brighton (draw)

the rest will be losses :unsure:

At the time, I regarded the West Ham and Everton wins as a turning point. But it’s now clear they are potential relegation candidates too, so I’m starting to reassess that theory.

Our five wins this season have all been against sides lower than 14th.

Unless that starts to change, there’s no reason not to assume we are in with a chance of relegation too. 

I can see these 2 going down in 19th and 20th:

Bournemouth other than the double win vs Everton they haven’t actually beaten anyone else since us at the start of October, and the bounce they got from O’Neill being caretaker is well and truly gone and I think they have got it wrong giving him it permanently

Southampton just look awful and have got it wrong in hiring Jones, just 1 league win since August

That 18th place could be between any of the others from us in 13th and down

Edited by moore_94

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I can see these 2 going down in 19th and 20th:

Bournemouth other than the double win vs Everton they haven’t actually beaten anyone else since us at the start of October, and the bounce they got from O’Neill being caretaker is well and truly gone and I think they have got it wrong giving him it permanently

Southampton just look awful and have got it wrong in hiring Jones, just 1 league win since August

That 18th place could be between any of the others from us in 13th and down

Providing we do stay up I would be well glad to see the back of them both. Crap aways.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I think we will be lucky to get 8 points ( 25 points) with 10 games remaining; hopefully from those 10 games we can accrue enough points to stay up, relative to the bottom three.

I would be more optimistic if Rodgers changes his ways and plays two strikers upfront and changes the formation to suit the players we have etc.

Those 8 points coming from Imo

Southampton (win) 

Brentford ( draw)

Villa (win)

Brighton (draw)

the rest will be losses :unsure:

I think 3 of those 4 predictions are optimistic, but i suppose we've got to pick up problems from somewhere. 

I think we'll finish on roughly 40 points. Which is a pathetic return. But Brendan & his fanboys will find a way of calling it a great success.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Providing we do stay up I would be well glad to see the back of them both. Crap aways.

Hope you realise when we go down we're definitely taking two shitters with us. We'll go down with Bournemouth and West Ham.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Southampton have 4 wins in 29. Bloody hell. Losing at home to them was absolutely criminal.

It's like people have forgotten about how utterly pathetic we have been this season before our little spate of winning a few games.