Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

8 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

We won't get relegated, there are too many goals in the side (when Maddison is fit). It is going to be a really drab second half of the season though. 

And what happens if he’s not fit , down down down we go 

Guest Col city fan

I chucked a tenner at Leicester to be relegated just after the start of the season. As soon as I saw we hadn’t signed anybody, particularly defenders. I got odds of 17/1 at that time. Now they are 7’s I think. 

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think we will go down. When it comes to it, there’s not enough fight or quality in the team. 

I think we have the quality, it's the fight that worries me. We look so easy to play against it's shocking. 

• Like 1

The squad depth as it stands, and as been pointed the lack of fight and incentive to fight (contracts running down etc and general dross), could easily cost us. I see it as 50/50 to be honest.

A fit Maddison and Vardy there would be few questions. However, unsure of Maddison’s fitness this season and Vardy looks like he’s gone unfortunately. 

In another thread someone said if we have no money in Jan we could loan players - but then you just add to the issue of players not seeing their long term future here.

Relegation will be an absolute disaster in so many ways. We have 16 players out of contract this summer and next summer.

Trying to sign half a squad in the championship will be hellish. 

We need to stay up at essentially all costs.

• Like 3

We are almost at the half way point and we have 17 points this is abysmally bad, we will be lucky to get 34 points come the end of the season and I think that won’t be enough to stay up. We need to change the manager or invest hugely!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We are almost at the half way point and we have 17 points this is abysmally bad, we will be lucky to get 34 points come the end of the season and I think that won’t be enough to stay up. We need to change the manager or invest hugely!

Our both. I don't believe we'll do either of these, which is exceptionally concerning. 

Two big sides are gonna drop. I still think Bournemouth and Southampton will go down, it's just that last spot will be either us/Wolves/Forest/Everton/West Ham/Leeds.

The only advantage for us is that we score more goals. Wolves have scored 10 goals all season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Two big sides are gonna drop. I still think Bournemouth and Southampton will go down, it's just that last spot will be either us/Wolves/Forest/Everton/West Ham/Leeds.

The only advantage for us is that we score more goals. Wolves have scored 10 goals all season.

If Maddison is out for long we won't be scoring many more goals. My big concern is that he will now be rushed back out of desperation and as a result aggravate the injury so he's out for even longer. We've seen it so many times over the past 2 years. 

Many posters feared relegation back in early October, we then managed to produce a run out of nowhere which saw us win four league games out of five. Those wins all came against teams currently below us.

At this current moment it looks like a battle between eight teams for the drop, fans of Wolves, Everton & West Ham especially will be feeling exactly how we’re feeling right now. That sense of nervousness and that depressing thought of “How the hell did we end up here”.

I’m still fairly calm about our situation right now, those three teams I mentioned have looked far worse than us recently. 

But make no bones about it, January is a crucial month for us, get the transfer window wrong and lose our matches to Forest & Brighton, then a relegation battle will definitely be on the cards.

• Like 2

I think a major concern are the fixtures coming up:

Forest A

Brighton H

Villa A

Spurs H

Man U A

Arsenal H

That takes us up to the end of Feb, and March does look a little kinder, but you could see us picking up very very few points from that run - particularly with our record against top half sides. If we did only pick up, say, 3 points in across those games we'd be on 20 points after 24 games so on course for a 32ish point season which is certainly in the mix for relegation. Also we'd likely be right down the table again and I'm really not sure that this side has the fight in it for that kind of battle.

Just now, Number 6 said:

Forest A

Brighton H

Villa A

Spurs H

Man U A

Arsenal H

That takes us up to the end of Feb, and March does look a little kinder, but you could see us picking up very very few points from that run - particularly with our record against top half sides. If we did only pick up, say, 3 points in across those games we'd be on 20 points after 24 games so on course for a 32ish point season which is certainly in the mix for relegation. Also we'd likely be right down the table again and I'm really not sure that this side has the fight in it for that kind of battle.

On paper you would expect us to get 5-6 points from those games but truth be told I cannot see us picking up more than 2 - 3 points, it’s that bad our predicament my only hope is the gap between us and the bottom three is still respectable.

10 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

On paper you would expect us to get 5-6 points from those games but truth be told I cannot see us picking up more than 2 - 3 points, it’s that bad our predicament my only hope is the gap between us and the bottom three is still respectable.

The easier games are the next 3 but that involves a Forest side who are playing well at home and will fancy it against us, a Brighton side who are very capable and finding their feet under de Zerbi, and a Villa side who are also much improved under Emery. I'll be very worried if we don't pick up a win in one of those 3.

35.88 points is where we will end up at this rate.
Played 18, got 17 points, do the maths and that would give us just under 36 points at the end of the season, which would be real relegation battle woes we guess. Anybody not thinking about this is burying their head in the sand !
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Forest A

Brighton H

Villa A

Spurs H

Man U A

Arsenal H

Wow that going to be tough....with all our problems mounting up with injuries, player performance, who's leaving etc can't see us getting any points in the next 6 games.

All of those teams seem to be on a up at the moment.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Relegation will be an absolute disaster in so many ways. We have 16 players out of contract this summer and next summer.

Trying to sign half a squad in the championship will be hellish. 

We need to stay up at essentially all costs.

One way to finally clear the dead wood (albeit extreme)

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We'll survive because of how bad the others are. We must be the worst side to ever be this high this far into a season though.

Not convinced by this argument. I only think that Bournemouth are nailed on, maybe Southampton, but they have some OK players. 

By my reckoning, this leaves Leicester, Everton, Forest, Wolves and West Ham, although with the latter, I think that they will inevitably hit some good form.

I think that Everton and Wolves will see some new manager bounce, whilst Rodgers gets bailed out by the club hierarchy. 

That leaves Forest, they’re evidently terrible, but I have a horrible feeling that Cooper might just be savvy enough for them to avoid the drop. 

Still, a lot will depend on this month, in-goings and outgoings will be a huge variable. I am the most concerned about Maddison, however.

Newcastle are very much in contention for top four. If he forces a move, which would not surprise me, we are in serious trouble. Since the break, it is glaringly obvious that a Leicester without Maddison is a huge problem.

Posters above seem to think that us having the ability to score goals will keep us up, but who actually consistently scores?

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

I don't think Newcastle will come in for Maddison this January, they're not going for the title and don't necessarily need him to get Europe. He's injured and they'll get him cheaper in the summer, he'll go then.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Forest A

Brighton H

Villa A

Spurs H

Man U A

Arsenal H

I had a look at the fixtures earlier (got a print out on my desk) and April looks like a big month for us. We should really be getting 10-12 points as an absolute minimum from those fixtures:

Palace A

Bournemouth H

Man City A

Wolves H

Leeds A

Everton H