Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

All the signs are there that we could drop, we've not won a single game where the opposition have scored, we've not got a single point where the opposition have scored first, we've thrown away something daft like 17 points from winning positions, we have 1 point from 10 games against the current top 10, we have only beaten sides considerably close to or in the bottom 6.

The next 6 league games are quite scary as well. Rodgers has proclaimed the target was for us to be in the top 10 by the end of February and yet despite all of the above, it would require quite a stark improvement in order for us to do so. 4 of the next 6 are Brighton, Spurs, Man Utd and Arsenal which we are unlikely to get anything from and the other two are local derbies away at Forest and Villa which don't exactly fill you with confidence.

We could be in real, real trouble by the end of February and with a monumental battle on our hands.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I had a look at the fixtures earlier (got a print out on my desk) and April looks like a big month for us. We should really be getting 10-12 points as an absolute minimum from those fixtures:

Palace A

Bournemouth H

Man City A

Wolves H

Leeds A

Everton H

Very true, but my worry is that what precedes these games will mean we go into those more winnable games with a bucket load of pressure. It could make or break us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, l444ry said:

We are 100% in a Relegation fight and not totally convinced having Brendan Rodgers in our trench is much of an advantage.

get a grip on reality please. just a few months ago we were talking about european places, after we started winning two games on a bounce. :ph34r:

Edited by Simoken
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We'll survive because of how bad the others are. We must be the worst side to ever be this high this far into a season though.

The quality of the league is poor this season - as can be seen from the fact that a team like Fulham are 7th. 40% of the teams (including us) are varying degrees of terrible.

I was hopeful at the break for the WC but having seen what we have served up since coming back, I do think we will be filling one of the spots now with Maddison out.

A relegation battle is more about mentality and desire than quality and this squad/manager/fans are not cut out for the fight. The manager and players are spineless and we don’t have a home atmosphere to drag us through games and pick up points like Everton did last season.

We must be statistically the worst ‘team’ in the league and no longer have the individual ability of Vardy, Barnes, Maddison and Tielemans bailing us out since the return. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Southampton, Bournemouth, and one of Forest, Everton, Leeds or us I think. 

I think so, but somehow Everton and Leeds always seem to scrape it together the last 3 games. Which makes it us or Forest.

Brendan seems to have unsettled too many of our players and his training regime is very injury heavy.

I cannot see us buying in enough players this window to play and win with his system. He refuses though to play a system that works with what we have. He has destroyed Ndidi who used to be the best DM in the League, and Nacho is wasted too.

Our best chance is if West Ham or Everton put in a bid for Brendan IMO.

Edited by foxinsox

Don't think the squad is in the League's worst three. Just looks that way most of the time because Rodgers doesn't trust a lot of them and isn't getting the best out of the rest. However, for my money, we are clearly the League's worst team when out possession. That's the element that will do for us unless there is a Managerial change and corrected pretty swiftly. Not holding my breath for that though, 

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed our bad form this season coincides with transfer windows. Might it be that uncertainty about contracts is causing players to lose their focus.

The truth is we have too many players with uncertain futures either because they are wanted by other clubs or we are trying to offload them. That means they don’t play as a team and their form is erratic.

Until this is resolved our problems will remain.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

Going down after 8 years would be piss poor tbh

Sunderland and Stoke both managed 10 years despite circling the drain for ages 

Are we on season 9 in a row now? 2014-15 season was when we returned.

Palace are currently on season 10 in a row.

Looking at the clubs heading down its going to be. Bournemouth, Leeds and Southampton. Though if Everton don't change things soon they could be in serious trouble. I just look at the teams below us and they look worse than us. But that's not me saying we're safe.