Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Two points above is worrying but we still have 20 games left. Once we got on a roll we looked decent and the World Cup break derailed us again. We can turn the corner again. Forest away is huge as the we hit the halfway point of the season.

Just now, MattFox said:

Yeah season 9.

Always get the Covid ones messed up

Fair point.

Just checked the other teams current stints, West Ham and Southampton are next up on season 11 then a huge jump to Man City on season 21.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Could we do a repeat of the great escape?  Er no. this team is as skilled but we’re mentally and physically quite a lot weaker than other prem teams and the great escape team. 

The great escape was an interesting season because we hadn’t played too badly and as I recall, most of the losses were of a narrow margin. In terms of team spirit and cohesion, this team looks to be about as far away from Pearson’s as it could be!

I wouldn’t want to be ‘fighting in the trenches’ with most of this lot! 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The great escape was an interesting season because we hadn’t played too badly and as I recall, most of the losses were of a narrow margin. In terms of team spirit and cohesion, this team looks to be about as far away from Pearson’s as it could be!

Nailed it 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I don't think it is entirely fair, plenty of these lads have won titles, an FA Cup and taken us close to the top four twice. They clearly cared enough, added to their talent, to get us competing and winning games.

They just have a manager who has sapped their flair and confidence and undermined them, in addition to inadequate coaching. Give them another manager and environment and they'll show more.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't think it is entirely fair, plenty of these lads have won titles, an FA Cup and taken us close to the top four twice. They clearly cared enough, added to their talent, to get us competing and winning games.

They just have a manager who has sapped their flair and confidence and undermined them, in addition to inadequate coaching. Give them another manager and environment and they'll show more.

Cmon Corky.

Soumare and Amartey didn’t get us competing and winning games in the two seasons you’re talking about.

Vardy is now much older as is Evans. Schmeichel has gone. 

We are playing Thomas every week. 
Faes wasn’t here.

Daka wasn’t here.

The two lads from Southampton weren’t here.

Tielemans is leaving.

This isn’t the same squad as it was two years ago. 
Another manager would improve them I think, but I think you’d only get so far with this squad now.

We need 23 points. 

So pick where we get them from on this list. For me, we could get all the way to March and still be on 17 points. 

14th Jan - Forest (A)

21st Jan - Brighton (H)

4th Feb - Aston Villa (A)

11th Feb - Spurs (H)

19th Feb - Man U (A)

25th Feb - Arsenal (H)

4th Mar - Southampton (A)

11th Mar - Chelsea (H)

18th Mar - Brentford (A)

1st Apr - Palace (A)

8th Apr - Bournemouth (H)

15th Apr - Man City (A)

22nd Apr - Wolves (H) 

25th Apr - Leeds (A)

29th Apr - Everton (H) 

6th May - Fulham (A)

13th May - Liverpool (A) 

20th May - Newcastle (H)

28th May - West Ham (H)

level on points with ****ing forest. what a shambles. 

got to get 2 defenders, a shithouse forward and a winger in.

if we get Michael Keane, a 19 yo swedish fullback and jeremy boga we are going to be flirting with going down. no one would have ward, amartey, thomas, soumare, perez in the side unless they had to. 

Evans, Ricardo, Justin, KDH, Maddison, Alves and Daka all up on bricks, Vardy and Albrighton are in the twilight and Rodgers has effectively ostracised Soyuncu and Iheanacho who have been top premier league operators in the recent past. That's before we worry about losing Maddison and Tielemans in January, which we might. 

**** a duck

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Sly said:

We need 23 points. 

So pick where we get them from on this list. For me, we could get all the way to March and still be on 17 points. 

14th Jan - Forest (A)

21st Jan - Brighton (H)

4th Feb - Aston Villa (A)

11th Feb - Spurs (H)

19th Feb - Man U (A)

25th Feb - Arsenal (H)

4th Mar - Southampton (A)

11th Mar - Chelsea (H)

18th Mar - Brentford (A)

1st Apr - Palace (A)

8th Apr - Bournemouth (H)

15th Apr - Man City (A)

22nd Apr - Wolves (H) 

25th Apr - Leeds (A)

29th Apr - Everton (H) 

6th May - Fulham (A)

13th May - Liverpool (A) 

20th May - Newcastle (H)

28th May - West Ham (H)

How do you work out we need 23 points @Sly?

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're on less than 1 point a game - for some context, Leeds who finished 17th last year had more points per game. We're somehow 13th. It's a very odd table.

5 points cover the whole bottom 8. we are two defeats from the proper shit...