Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

14th Jan - Forest (A) LOSS

21st Jan - Brighton (H) LOSS

4th Feb - Aston Villa (A) LOSS

11th Feb - Spurs (H) LOSS

19th Feb - Man U (A) LOSS

25th Feb - Arsenal (H) LOSS

4th Mar - Southampton (A) WIN

11th Mar - Chelsea (H) LOSS

18th Mar - Brentford (A) DRAW

1st Apr - Palace (A) DRAW

8th Apr - Bournemouth (H) WIN

15th Apr - Man City (A) LOSS

22nd Apr - Wolves (H) WIN

25th Apr - Leeds (A) LOSS

29th Apr - Everton (H) DRAW

6th May - Fulham (A) LOSS

13th May - Liverpool (A) LOSS

20th May - Newcastle (H) LOSS

28th May - West Ham (H) DRAW

If we can’t beat Forest then we might as well begin to get comfy in the championship already now.

11 hours ago, Sly said:

Form wise, Southampton, Everton, West Ham would be my pick. I’m More concerned with next season. 

agreed. top is a good man with a big heart but he is naive. only trajectory with rodgers is down hill. no saving us from anything with him. we might stay up with him but there is no way things can go better from here. he has overstayed his welcome

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Look we are all looking for some type of redemption,miracle,class act, or saviours...They ain't there , it's not going to happen.it's going to be an hard graft,hoping Rodgers can get his stars performing to "Our" expectations & hopes..

So Let take the fan's hands together & pray ,the twists and turns work for us..

Support & encourage the guys sent out wearing the foxes badge..

We are not sure when,but Maddisons return will help..& hope promised signings might give us a lift...

14th Jan - Forest (A) win

21st Jan - Brighton (H) draw

4th Feb - Aston Villa (A) draw

11th Feb - Spurs (H) LOSS

19th Feb - Man U (A) draw

25th Feb - Arsenal (H) LOSS

4th Mar - Southampton (A) WIN

11th Mar - Chelsea (H) win

18th Mar - Brentford (A) DRAW

1st Apr - Palace (A) DRAW

8th Apr - Bournemouth (H) WIN

15th Apr - Man City (A) LOSS

22nd Apr - Wolves (H) WIN

25th Apr - Leeds (A) win

29th Apr - Everton (H) win

6th May - Fulham (A) draw

13th May - Liverpool (A) LOSS

20th May - Newcastle (H) draw

28th May - West Ham (H) win

The scary thing is, looking down those results it seems highly optimistic we'd get such results and yet if we did, we'd only finish on 47 points. It's horrifying.

Next seven premier league games are awful for the foxes, derby day against Forest, Brighton can beat anyone, Villa team on the up under Emery, Tottenham are hit and miss but they'll beat us, Man U in form and Arsenal best team in the league at the moment. Looking at them games, the best we can hope for I think is 5 points. 

• Like 1

Predicting results for matches beyond a couple of months is fairly pointless.

The form of us and the opposition is a at the point we play them is a massive factor Any of the teams outside the top 6 could be on fire or in shocking form at any given time.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Predicting results for matches beyond a couple of months is fairly pointless.

The form of us and the opposition is a at the point we play them is a massive factor Any of the teams outside the top 6 could be on fire or in shocking form at any given time.

1 point from 10 games this season vs the top 10 and zero points if the opposition score 1st will take some significant improvement to keep us in with a chance of staying up. Both of those horror stats run right through the shocking start to the season, the perceived immense spell from Oct to the World Cup break and then this new slump. Its a major concern, as is throwing 17 points away from winning positions.

We stink

Echo those who say next season really concerns me. I think we’ll probably just have enough to stay up this season although it’s not guaranteed.

But Maddison will almost certainly be gone by next season, plenty of others are out of contract or in the last year of their contract to and we seem reluctant to/haven’t got the money to do the big rebuilding job that is desperately needed. 

I feel we’re basically now in the same position Southampton were a season or two ago.

Feel like next season could be a disaster 

I wonder if a sale of the Club in the Summer is in the offing - relegation simply changes the price and the profile of the buyer, but it seems on the cards either way. Even if we stay up we need a new cash injection and if we go down it's a long way back - under either circumstance does the KP group have the appetite and funds. Can't blame them if not.

If we sign 2-3 players (and they are half decent), I think we’ll be fine.  Improving on the current 11 shouldn’t be too difficult even in Jan.

Next season is the big one, it’s a massive rebuild as Evans, Vardy are heading to retirement / bit-part players, Tielmans and Maddison will be off and we have a load of players out of contract.  Ricardo and Justin - who knows after the injuries they have had.  Ward is also playing himself to the Conrad Logan role.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I still believe we'll be fine, just about, but it won't be pretty.

Same but that belief stems primarily from the uselessness of the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth and Everton rather than anything to do with us. If a few of those teams have a good window or bring in decent new managers while we do neither, we could be in even deeper shit than we already are.

• Like 2

People seem to think this season is a one-off, we have flirted with being sucked into trouble in 3 out of the 8 seasons we have been back in the PL.

2014/2015 Great escape. 

2016/2017 we were 17th, played 25 with 21 points when Ranieri sacked

2017/18, we were 18th, played 8 with 6 points when Shakespeare got sacked.

I’m not overly worried about the clubs prospects if we do go down given that the wage bill will be massively slashed this summer.

Championship minus Rodgers and with a recruitment policy like we used to have plus academy players being introduced would be much more exciting than circling the drain in the Prem possible with Rodgers still here and a recruitment policy of Southampton cast offs and an unused academy!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People seem to think this season is a one-off, we have flirted with being sucked into trouble in 3 out of the 8 seasons we have been back in the PL.

2014/2015 Great escape. 

Yet this feels like the most hopeless period.

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

2014/2015 Great escape. 

Yay! Back to the days of do or die excitement! Just missing out on top 4 and guaranteed safety was far too boring 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

2014/2015 Great escape. 

2017-18 was only until September though and from memory we had a bastard fixture list and played basically all the big 6 in those first 8 games. I don’t think there was ever much danger after those fixtures were out the way 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Hope I’m wrong, but I think we’re in for another trouncing from Forest. 

Hopefully Maddison is back by then.

Getting Maddison back on the pitch is imperative for this football club. Pre World Cup.. Madders was on fire and we didn’t lose in 5 games. Post World Cup, no Madders and we’re not creating much at all.

Hes that important to us. If we lose him and Tielemans and don’t replace them with real quality players we’ll drop like a stone imo 

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If we lose him and Tielemans and don’t replace them with real quality players we’ll drop like a stone imo 

This isn't a revelation or big statement, any club not replacing two of their biggest players adequately would struggle.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I still believe we'll be fine, just about, but it won't be pretty.

I don’t mind not pretty, we’re in a cycle of poor runs and then results papering over the cracks, with the hope we will come good. We as a club need to get to crisis point so people take action and failings are addressed. It’s all very complacent and it’s not good enough.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

2017-18 was only until September though and from memory we had a bastard fixture list and played basically all the big 6 in those first 8 games. I don’t think there was ever much danger after those fixtures were out the way 

We played well in the games we lost against the big 6 but not beating Bournemouth, Huddersfield or West Brom finished Shakespeare.

Performances in those games were dire too although the end of the season under Puel wasn’t much better 

This is the worst I've seen from us since we were promoted, even our miracle survival season we looked half decent during our bad spell and were hardly getting trounced but this season the team just looks like a team that is going one way with little fight.

• Like 1