Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Because you are talking about fight and grit, most people would agree the title winning said had lots of both.

Both what happened the following season to the fight and grit?

I can find 11 Sunday league players with loads of fight and grit, if that's all it takes.

What happened that season still doesn’t make sense. Obviously the loss of Kante was massive but seemed more Ranieri losing the plot and the squad being confused. Probably also a sense of them achieving something most of them would never have expected and having a lull. When the shit hit the fan and Shakespeare came in, we want on a long winning run.

Not sure what is has to do with the lack of fight and grit with this side though which is the worst I have ever seen.

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

What happened that season still doesn’t make sense. Obviously the loss of Kante was massive but seemed more Ranieri losing the plot and the squad being confused. Probably also a sense of them achieving something most of them would never have expected and having a lull. When the shit hit the fan and Shakespeare came in, we want on a long winning run.

Not sure what is has to do with the lack of fight and grit with this side though which is the worst I have ever seen.

It about the fact that being a good side of more the grit and fight.

Being a good side is multifaceted.

To easy just to say they have no bottle.

Edited by coolhandfox

8 hours ago, taupe said:

That is certainly my overall recollection. We weren't playing badly as such and, more to the point, I was enjoying the games - even if we were getting beaten. The turnaround (the 'great escape') wasn't so much a surprise as a reward, as if things just started going for us. Our sequence of wins before the WC were seemingly out of nowhere. We'd been abysmal up until that point - and I wasn't enjoying it. I don't think we're back to that, I thought our performances at Liverpool and against Fulham showed we had some fight, but we've still nothing like that winning formula.

yep, i had zero fear we were getting relegated. we were getting proper dodgy decisions against us and not the rub of the green. after what i watched the other night i have the opposite feeling. 

4 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Yep. Not many worse sides than us now are there? 

Wolves and Villa will probably be alright now so I reckon it's three from us, Southampton, Everton and Bournemouth, possibly Leeds and West Ham too but I think they've got slightly more about them.

Yet a

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Lopategui is keeping wolves up easily 

Yes another team near the bottom that is showing massive improvement. Playing positive, attacking, exciting football (if only we could watch that). Whereas we have the scenario that the heirarchy don't seem too bothered, the manager is certainly not bothered & a lot of the players can't wait to leave & don't seem bothered. It appears that the only people who are bothered are us fans, but then that's always the case

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Guest said:

Wolves and Villa will probably be alright now so I reckon it's three from us, Southampton, Everton and Bournemouth, possibly Leeds and West Ham too but I think they've got slightly more about them.

Forest and Palace (who are absolute rank) too. Plus every team has a little spell, as we did. Wolves could easily slump after a 4 or 5 game run 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Forest and Palace (who are absolute rank) too. Plus every team has a little spell, as we did. Wolves could easily slump after a 4 or 5 game run 

Oh yeah definitely Forest, I was convinced I'd typed them but obviously not. Palace are certainly no great shakes but I think I'd put them in the slightly more about them category too

7 hours ago, Jawdee said:

From an outsider looking in, there are at least three far worse teams than Leicester this season. Bournemouth, Forest, Southampton and Everton to name a few. 

Our insistence to stick with a shit manager is a massive leveller though 

• Like 3

Southampton and Bournemouth for me will go (we lost to both) and 1 other from Everton, Forest, Wolves and us. 

Personally think Evertons time has run out but Brendan is very good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so we could bottle it along the way, starting at Forest. 

Wolves are already starting to look better under Lopetegui and I think they will get out of trouble. Saints and Bournemouth are in big trouble, I reckon Everton will replace Lampard in next 2/3 weeks and that could help them kick on. If we don’t seriously give our heads a wobble and either Brendan stops being arrogant and stubborn or the club accept how stale the situation has become and act decisively then there is every chance we sleep walk into that 3rd relegation spot. 

31 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Wolves are already starting to look better under Lopetegui and I think they will get out of trouble. Saints and Bournemouth are in big trouble, I reckon Everton will replace Lampard in next 2/3 weeks and that could help them kick on. If we don’t seriously give our heads a wobble and either Brendan stops being arrogant and stubborn or the club accept how stale the situation has become and act decisively then there is every chance we sleep walk into that 3rd relegation spot

That'll be hard to forgive. Fair enough if you go down fighting but as a club amd even sections of the fanbase we've seemingly given up

Wolves are improving, Forest are getting more resilient and Everton will change their manager.  Do the club spend and back Rodgers, or do they do the cheaper option and get a new manager.  Either way relegation is a real possibility, which will be devastating for our club.  I don't see the mentality in the squad that could get us back up, we already get bullied now, and the championship is more blood and thunder than the prem.  It is probably not going to be a pleasant few months......or maybe years?

Edited by Le Renard

I would be more worried if we were obviously worse than about fifteen others. We are not , there are some pretty ordinary teams about , quality is lacking everywhere. A dozy performance against Newcastle excepted , we are competing in most matches. I won't make any predictions but we should be mid table come May , even with the injuries and a life-expired manager.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I would be more worried if we were obviously worse than about fifteen others. We are not , there are some pretty ordinary teams about , quality is lacking everywhere. A dozy performance against Newcastle excepted , we are competing in most matches. I won't make any predictions but we should be mid table come May , even with the injuries and a life-expired manager.

You’re off your head, zero chance. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ostrich response. 

1 - Other teams have shown they’ll change managers and try something new. We will blindly stick with BR, no chance he gets removed until the summer even if we go down.

2 - We are incapable of holding onto leads or rescuing a single point from being behind.

3 - We have zero fight or desire. Probably the weakest mentality of the 92 teams in the football league.

This team does not have the stomach to dig deep in a relegation scrap.

• Like 1