Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ostrich response. 

1 - Other teams have shown they’ll change managers and try something new. We will blindly stick with BR, no chance he gets removed until the summer even if we go down.

2 - We are incapable of holding onto leads or rescuing a single point from being behind.

3 - We have zero fight or desire. Probably the weakest mentality of the 92 teams in the football league.

This team does not have the stomach to dig deep in a relegation scrap.

Agree completely. We are in big trouble and I'd take 15-17th right now because that is the best we can achieve unless we get in 3 or 4 good quality players with energy and fight in January.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I would be more worried if we were obviously worse than about fifteen others. We are not , there are some pretty ordinary teams about , quality is lacking everywhere. A dozy performance against Newcastle excepted , we are competing in most matches. I won't make any predictions but we should be mid table come May , even with the injuries and a life-expired manager.

🤡

Edited by Thefox81

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

You're deluding yourself if you don't think we're in a serious relegation scrap. It's this kind of head burying attitude that has put us in this mess

I am not as pessimistic as some because we still score goals , which means we still trouble opposition defenses. Maddison is key at the moment to our goal threat and I am assuming he won't stay unfit for long. If I was a Wolves fan , I would be a lot more worried they certainly do not score goals.

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

You're deluding yourself if you don't think we're in a serious relegation scrap. It's this kind of head burying attitude that has put us in this mess

Depends what you define as serious relegation scrap.

We're one of eight shit teams in the division and currently top of that mini league for now. Palace might get dragged into it since they have a tough run.

The fact for there eight shit teams rather than three or four is pretty fortunate for us.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Depends what you define as serious relegation scrap.

We're one of eight shit teams in the division and currently top of that mini league for now. Palace might get dragged into it since they have a tough run.

The fact for there eight shit teams rather than three or four is pretty fortunate for us.

It is so long as people accept we're one of the shit teams 

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I am not as pessimistic as some because we still score goals , which means we still trouble opposition defenses. Maddison is key at the moment to our goal threat and I am assuming he won't stay unfit for long. If I was a Wolves fan , I would be a lot more worried they certainly do not score goals.

We've scored 2 goals in our last 4 games and one of them was against the team bottom of League 2.

Yes, we need a new manager , Rodgers is done here . That is in the club's court because he goes nowhere until we pay him off. However the players can take matters into their own hands. They have the ability to stabilise the situation and they need to turn up in every match.

35 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

They've closed the gap on us by 4 points in three games since the restart and went to Anfield yesterday and got something. 

6 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Funny that. Persistently told by many on here that there's no one good enough to get in so sacking Rodgers is futile. Shock horror, a number of teams since then have acted on their obvious shortcomings and brought in significant improvements. Once again, sleepwalking into a fight we should never have even been in. 

It's just something people say when any manager is under threat. And then when the manager is eventually shitcanned and results improve, they forget the whole thing and roll it out again when the new manager is under threat. People use it to defend supply PE teacher Gareth Southgate ffs.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

I say we should go down then come up again.

Mix it up a bit.

Yo-yo the funk out of it.

Live a little.

Taking a valuable point off Rotherham? Yes please, Brendan.

BrenCon wont manage us in the championship. Hes an elite manager dont you know,,?

10 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Not if Maddison isn't fit / is sold. We are an abomination going forward without Jim.

9 hours ago, Scanchez said:

I say we should go down then come up again.

Mix it up a bit.

Yo-yo the funk out of it.

Live a little.

Taking a valuable point off Rotherham? Yes please, Brendan.

With a £85M/year payroll, going down would bankrupt us.

It’s amazing the amount of negativity in here, all I can conclude is people don’t actually watch full games of other teams playing. 
We are comfortably better than 5 teams in this division and on a par with about 5 more. 
Since the World Cup some have had decent performances and look to have improved whilst others have slipped backwards.

Bournemouth, Southampton, Crystal Palace, West Ham all have returned as bad if not worse than us.

We will be absolutely fine this season, but we have been Burroughs back to the pack. What happens next season completely depends on who comes on and how we replace the departing personal, how much we are willing to invest in the playing squad.

Our best 11 is far better than anything in the bottom half, how many of those can we get on the pitch and firing will settle how far up the league we finish.

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s amazing the amount of negativity in here, all I can conclude is people don’t actually watch full games of other teams playing. 
We are comfortably better than 5 teams in this division and on a par with about 5 more. 
Since the World Cup some have had decent performances and look to have improved whilst others have slipped backwards.

Bournemouth, Southampton, Crystal Palace, West Ham all have returned as bad if not worse than us.

We will be absolutely fine this season, but we have been Burroughs back to the pack. What happens next season completely depends on who comes on and how we replace the departing personal, how much we are willing to invest in the playing squad.

Our best 11 is far better than anything in the bottom half, how many of those can we get on the pitch and firing will settle how far up the league we finish.

Still ignoring the fact that those sides will either replace their managers or will just be fighting for every point once we get into the home straight of the season whereas this club/squad/manager don’t have that in them.

Better than anything in the bottom half is wrong (in my opinion to). Villa and West Ham at least are stronger. But as many including myself have said, it’s not 2019 anymore, this 11 is not a strong 11 once you take Maddison out of it! We have Danny Ward in goal, Amartey as first choice CB ffs, Thomas (whilst I don’t subscribe to the criticism of him and think he’ll become a very good player, still inexperienced), the likes of Soumare, Perez etc. It’s an 11 littered with physical and mental weakness and increasing less talent.