Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

23 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I am not as pessimistic as some because we still score goals , which means we still trouble opposition defenses. Maddison is key at the moment to our goal threat and I am assuming he won't stay unfit for long. If I was a Wolves fan , I would be a lot more worried they certainly do not score goals.

Wolves fans are over the moon at the minute - they’ve signed a brilliant manager that’s had an instant impact, has ditched the dour defensive style and attacks with intent. If we finish 3 points behind Wolves we’ll be safe this season. Not a chance they will finish below us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s amazing the amount of negativity in here, all I can conclude is people don’t actually watch full games of other teams playing. 
We are comfortably better than 5 teams in this division and on a par with about 5 more. 
Since the World Cup some have had decent performances and look to have improved whilst others have slipped backwards.

Bournemouth, Southampton, Crystal Palace, West Ham all have returned as bad if not worse than us.

We will be absolutely fine this season, but we have been Burroughs back to the pack. What happens next season completely depends on who comes on and how we replace the departing personal, how much we are willing to invest in the playing squad.

Our best 11 is far better than anything in the bottom half, how many of those can we get on the pitch and firing will settle how far up the league we finish.

Southampton and Bournemouth are worse. That leaves one slot for someone and right now I think we’re favourites for that.

West Ham are fighting hard, no quality but plenty of fight.

Villa & Wolves responding to new managers and will be comfortable.

Our hope is that Palace pip us to the remaining slot.

10 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Wolves fans are over the moon at the minute - they’ve signed a brilliant manager that’s had an instant impact, has ditched the dour defensive style and attacks with intent. If we finish 3 points behind Wolves we’ll be safe this season. Not a chance they will finish below us.

WHich makes you wonder why Rodgers doesn't ask himself what are wolves doing that we ain't, oh yes, attack. The chant for the next game should be attack attack attack for 90 minutes! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Southampton and Bournemouth are worse. That leaves one slot for someone and right now I think we’re favourites for that.

Wolves have got West Ham, Liverpool, Man City this month. See where they are after that.

They've only beaten Everton under the new manager yet when we do that it's because "the opposition are poor".

Wolves have scored 3 goals in their last 3 league games. Amazing.

I'll be very surprised if they end up "comfortable".

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Southampton, Bournemouth, Everton, Wolves and Forest are all comfortably worse teams than us,

Wolves responding well, they’ve won one game against Everton. Villa responding well, they’ve also won one game! They also lost at home to League Two opposition, we’re cracking the shites because we won 1-0 in crap conditions, they lost at home to League Two opponents- could only imagine what we would say about the manager if that happened to us.

What is it you’ve seen from West Ham that makes you think they have some fight in them? 

Not saying we are amazing, but if you watch any of the bottom 8 sides, play the full 90 minutes, not just the highlight, you’ll see there is way worse than us in this division.

Our record of 1 point from 30 available vs the top 10 must be the worst in the division. If you are giving yourself that level of mountain to climb then you are beyond doubt in a relegation scrap. 

Yes, some of the other sides look poorer but the lack of scrap in our side is greatly concerning. 

We are very lucky to be having a poor season at the same time that several other teams are but it's by no means a formality we stay up, we are going to have to improve. 

• Like 3

On 03/01/2023 at 23:34, adam said:

Apparently it's the first time in 40 years that we have failed to score in 3 league games at home. 

Not great, but we have scored 26 goals, which is the most in the bottom half (1 fewer than Man United and 6 more than Chelsea). 

The defence actually looked alright pre world cup and didn't Ward have something like the 2nd most clean sheets in the league after the West Ham game, I think we'll be okay.

People on here had also given up before the last Forest match and that turned around very quickly. We are in nowhere near the mess we were then either. Forest have scraped a win over Southampton and many Southampton fans said they were just as bad as them. I think it'll be a tight game on Saturday but i'd back us even with a slightly depleted team. I just hope we put Daka and Kelechi up against their quite frankly shit centre backs.

Maths say it's 6 to 7 wins for us to stay up. 

The lack of fight concerns me the most. Forest will do it because they will get the wins at home as they have an urgency at home, we simply don't. At some point, teams tend to realise the storm they are in and begin to fight away. We need to do this as soon as possible and just get out of the dodge. 

I read people saying we'll be fine - basically saying that we are too good to go down (even considering recent results).

I remember a Leicester side who WERE too good to go down. So good were they, they reached the FA cup final where they were the better team. The side had Britains most expensive player, a goalkeeper who was Englands No 1 for the next 15 years, a fullback who would also become the countries biggest signing, The best winger Leicester had ever had, a centre forward and two strong centre halves who could head the ball, and Wales' best fullback ever. Truth be told - the only current player who would get into that team is Maddison.

That team were relegated.

• Like 2

We're the same distance from 20th as we are from 12th. Much as I think the others are dire, I don't know if our individual quality will keep bailing us out. We have the least fight in the league and I'm pretty confident of that - and it's because we have quite soft players in general, but half of them have an eye on a move away. It's a really bad mix.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Stop pretending that people are overreacting about how shit we are. Just because your own standards and aspirations for the club are so low it doesn't mean we all have to accept it

I will as soon as people stop pretending other teams around us are good.

“West Ham have fight”, posted above, where’s is this from? They’re 2 points behind us so I’m guessing we have fight too. And now suddenly Wolves are so attacking they’re gonna get out of it.

Give me a break, same people on here are just doom and gloom about everything. Which is fine but when I’m reading how other teams around us are gonna stay up it’s just infuriating. That’s why I’ve changed tune lately and just become so positive about everything.

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I will as soon as people stop pretending other teams around us are good.

“West Ham have fight”, posted above, where’s is this from? They’re 2 points behind us so I’m guessing we have fight too. And now suddenly Wolves are so attacking they’re gonna get out of it.

Give me a break, same people on here are just doom and gloom about everything. Which is fine but when I’m reading how other teams around us are gonna stay up it’s just infuriating. That’s why I’ve changed tune lately and just become so positive about everything.

We're all as shit as each other to be perfectly honesty. What we have over some teams we lack in other areas. All I'm saying is people need to wake up if they seriously think we're too good to go down. We should be based on personnel but we have a manager that nullifies that imo

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

We're all as shit as each other to be perfectly honesty. What we have over some teams we lack in other areas. All I'm saying is people need to wake up if they seriously think we're too good to go down. We should be based on personnel but we have a manager that nullifies that imo

We're definitely not too good to go down, nobody is. West Ham got relegated in 2002 with a squad that possessed so much quality. 

The one positive I have is that generally we have comfortably beaten teams below us; Leeds, West Ham, Wolves, Everton.

Edited by Fox92

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

People on here had also given up before the last Forest match and that turned around very quickly. We are in nowhere near the mess we were then either. Forest have scraped a win over Southampton and many Southampton fans said they were just as bad as them. I think it'll be a tight game on Saturday but i'd back us even with a slightly depleted team. I just hope we put Daka and Kelechi up against their quite frankly shit centre backs.

It pains me saying it but agree about taking Vardy out.

Just can’t ever see Brendan going two up top and our midfield would get overrun (even more so than usual).

How it’s the 9th of Jan with a third of the month already passing, an extended break because of the WC and no signs of reinforcements in a very, very poor squad is something that I can’t get my head around.

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We're definitely not too good to go down, nobody is. West Ham got relegated in 2002 with a squad that possessed so much quality. 

The one positive I have is that generally we have comfortably beaten teams below us; Leeds, West Ham, Wolves, Everton.

And lost against two of the poorest sides in the league in Southampton and Bournemouth. Lose on Saturday and I think people will have to start taking this more seriously 

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Southampton, Bournemouth, Everton, Wolves and Forest are all comfortably worse teams than us,

Wolves responding well, they’ve won one game against Everton. Villa responding well, they’ve also won one game! They also lost at home to League Two opposition, we’re cracking the shites because we won 1-0 in crap conditions, they lost at home to League Two opponents- could only imagine what we would say about the manager if that happened to us.

What is it you’ve seen from West Ham that makes you think they have some fight in them? 

Not saying we are amazing, but if you watch any of the bottom 8 sides, play the full 90 minutes, not just the highlight, you’ll see there is way worse than us in this division.

I’ve watched Wolves all season and they’re a different side entirely under J Lo. West Ham v Leeds was a proper game of football, fast paced and full bloodied - the kind of performance you just can’t see us putting in.

Forest are, very unfortunately, getting it together, they’re on an upwards trajectory - the opposite to us.

Villa, I’ve seen less of but do seem to be improving. 

That leaves us and Everton?

9 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Somebody's forgotten Everton exist. 

Some pessimistic people in here though, we ain't going down.

That’s very true - I did forget Everton exists!!!

Crack open the champagne - there’s another possibility to beat us to relegation! 

I hope you’re right that we don’t go down, but it’s not pessimism that leads me to think we’ll be battling against it - it’s the simple fact that we are!

9 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

The couple I work with are very 50/50 at the moment. There’s an improvement but their lack of attacking threat is still a problem