Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, CosbehFox said:

The couple I work with are very 50/50 at the moment. There’s an improvement but their lack of attacking threat is still a problem 

Really? They’re a pessimistic pair! The consensus of fans I speak with think they’re getting better going forwards (from a low starting point!). They think they’ve landed one of their best ever managers too

32 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Really? They’re a pessimistic pair! The consensus of fans I speak with think they’re getting better going forwards (from a low starting point!). They think they’ve landed one of their best ever managers too

Yeah well. 

They’ve had 1 league win out of 3. Which in part was down to Everton’s self destruction. Still very much in air as how it’s going to go 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We’ve been spanked a few times already this season.

We’ve made comical errors nearly every other game.

We are spending nothing to correct obvious issues.

We (again) have injury issues.

Our only inform/talented player is out for an unknown period of time and we have no timescales on his return. 

The KP is not a fortress. We’ve already lost to the mighty Saints and Fulham at home. 

5 teams worse off ? Too good to go down ? Not a chance. If we get 17th this year we should celebrate it and everyone associated with the club should be ashamed of where they’ve let us fall. 

Youri has been injured? Shit when did that happen? 

One key factor that doesn’t seem to be specifically mentioned much is how close the league is in the sense nobody is cut adrift such as Sheffield United a couple of seasons back. Everyone talks about Southampton as a dead cert to go down and given they have already shot their load with the manager change and let’s be honest, gone less inspiring that Wolves and Villa, it is likely. But, points wise everyone is so close so rather than 1 or possibly 2 teams being dead and buried already, all 3 spaces are there for the taking. This makes me more nervous about our prospects than if it was effectively 1 space and 5/6 potential teams that could take it!

We look absolutely rudderless at the minute.  Only thing I can see when I look at the fixtures is dropping into the Championship.  

If Rogers buys the players to make a change this window and turns it around I'll be happily surprised.  What are the odds though.

Someone at the club must be number crunching in the event of relegation. One thing that is hopeful is that Burnley look destined for a spell in the doldrums with their debts but appear

to have struck lucky with the appointment of Kompany. Let’s hope we have a plan in the

event of the drop. 

2 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Our only hope this season is that three sides are more dire than us.

I don't think there are 3 worse sides. The only one I'd say are definitely worse are Southampton.....and even they beat us...at our place and fairly comfortably.

We're going to be in the Championship next season.

Edited by Tielemans63

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

I don't think there are 3 worse sides. The only one I'd say are definitely worse are Southampton.....and even they beat us...at our place and fairly comfortably.

We're going to be in the Championship next season.

Everton have a worse manager and squad than us. Forest are still a mess. I think Wolves and West Ham will sort themselves out so really just a question of being better than one of Bournemouth/Leeds to be safe. Still, it's not certain.

I really can’t see many if any points from the next six league matches which worries me.  We just don’t have any quality on the pitch anymore with the decline in some players and injuries to others plus Rodger’s stubbornness in not playing some other players 
Forest(A)

Brighton (H)

Villa (A)

Spurs (H)

Man Utd (A)

Arsenal (H)

Guest Col city fan

I think what has become blatantly clear is that we are in the pack fighting for survival.

It could be any three of quite a number of sides who are all about as bad as each other.

Bournemouth had that little run but I said they’d be right down there at the end. Southampton have nothing up front. Everton are a disgrace, given the money they’ve squandered. Wolves will pick up. West Ham have too much quality I think. Forest are strongish at home. We look like we can just about score enough, but concede for fun.

It’ll be close I think 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I think what has become blatantly clear is that we are in the pack fighting for survival.

It could be any three of quite a number of sides who are all about as bad as each other.

Bournemouth had that little run but I said they’d be right down there at the end. Southampton have nothing up front. Everton are a disgrace, given the money they’ve squandered. Wolves will pick up. West Ham have too much quality I think. Forest are strongish at home. We look like we can just about score enough, but concede for fun.

It’ll be close I think 

Sounds like we got an exciting season ahead of us!

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Mike1983 said:

Sounds like we got an exciting season ahead of us!

The only surprise is that anyone is really surprised. 
I disagreed with many in the summer. I said I think we have a relatively poor squad. The first team is ok, but you get injuries and we bring in rubbish really.

And this is what’s happening unfortunately. 

Under Pearson during the great escape season even when we were losing, the team had fight, commitment, energy, enthusiasm, leadership guile and pace. This lot look half-hearted, gutless, one paced, passive, clueless, rudderless and happy to take the relegation tbh. 

• Like 2