Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

45 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

Feels just like yesterday that we were playing Champions League football, how far we have fallen when next season we most likely will have to travel to shitholes like Blackpool to watch our team play.

I f*****g love Blackpool tbf. Bad example lol

We're going for me. The league position has lulled the club into a false sense of security, even though we're as near to 20th as we are to 12th points wise. This complacency deserves relegation.

Everton are awful but will probably appoint Dyche before the end of the season, he'll steer them just clear, winning away to our spineless shithouses in the process no doubt.

Bournemouth and Southampton are dire, the only sides I think are worse than us. And even then we've lost to both of those from ahead.

We're in huge, huge trouble. It's less the position and more the trajectory. Other clubs act on their issues. We just let the house burn down. We fully deserve it if we go.

Got a heavily discounted season ticket in the Championship if we go down though - assuming the prices freeze I'll be using the bet winnings which I've placed tonight to pay for it.

****ing disgraceful.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, -sodapop said:

Everton have a worse manager and squad than us. Forest are still a mess. I think Wolves and West Ham will sort themselves out so really just a question of being better than one of Bournemouth/Leeds to be safe. Still, it's not certain.

Squad yes. Manager - honestly, the more I think about Rodgers the more I think it's just impossible that somebody with his CV is capable of serving up anything this bad. He's not been trying one bit has he? He can't have been. He's been pound for pound the worst manager in the league for 18 months and he seems to be under no pressure.

• Like 1

If not now then next season, too many issues have aligned on the pitch and off the pitch. Would take a stunning summer of recruitment to stave it off, because we need to do a huge amount of business. 

Rodger’s has to go and someone needs to attempt to galvanise a squad that’s injured or on the way out. Awful circumstances to inherit. 

• Like 4

Called it in July. 

Think we will go down next season unless Maddison misses the majority of the remaining games this season.

A few pointers:

-We are told (by BR) that we are looking at players

- Then we are told there is no money

- Then we are told the club is being "sustainable" (or words to that effect), need to sell players to bring more in

- Yet is it sustainable to be losing £40m+ of assets this summer due to contracts running out.

Unfortunately I think this could be a perfect storm which will result in me being correct.

-Club/Tops skint

-Club badly run

-Rodgers

If I was a player here right now, would I be motivated with all this sh1t? No. Would I sign a new contract? No.

The dream is over. 😭

Screenshot_20230111_101204_Twitter.jpg

So much needs sorting but if we went down that’d make it hundreds worse.

I still have positivity we won’t go down this season. It’s next season I worry for too, this squad isn’t good enough now never mind losing two of the better players.

Still got a bit of faith that we'll have enough quality to stay up and with so many other teams being poor too.

Looks like we'll have KDH, Maddison, Evans and Ricardo back in the next 2/3 weeks, just having extra players available will make a huge difference and we all know Madders brings at least 2 or 3 key chances per game. I think if we can beat Forest, get a few faces back we'll be in with a chance.

Edited by lcfc278

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Why would you sign your long term future to such an unambitious club though? I simply can't fault him

I imagine if the money was right he would have signed. Rodgers has alluded to this. I think the biggest issue we have is that the club broke its wage structure to sign Rodgers up long term and the knock on effect is that players and agents are lining up to get what they feel they are worth comparatively too. The problem we have is that we don't have the money or the revenues to be paying many players over 6 figures a week.  

9 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Still got a bit of faith that we'll have enough quality to stay up and with so many other teams being poor too.

Ditto, but we do need a manager that is on side and playing the game. If he starts playing silly buggers (again?) then I reckon we're down. If we get a couple of players in then it might appease him sufficiently to focus him on the task in hand.

Oh the irony though. New players are supposedly to refresh the squad, in this case it'll be equally about refreshing the manager. 

I've got a real bad feeling now 

Wolves , Everton, West Ham will all pull themselves out of the shit imo. 

Soton will go down leaving 2 spaces which I think will be taken up by either us, Forest or Bournemouth. 

We are facing relegation, this year or next. Not because as BR says that we haven't spent enough on bringing in players. That is so much BS, its the quality of the the players that has been lacking from Perez through to Lurch. 7 years ago the team was a very cheap squad but a settled squad with more lost player days through suspensions than there ever was through injury. Now half the team is on the physio table, or under it? Missing from action anyway. If the key players like Ricci, Justin, Madders and big Wilf were fully fit and playing week in week out at the top of their game I very much doubt we would be in the position we find ourselves in today.

So look to the poor quality of incoming players over the last 3 years with one exception and the rising injuries that has to be in some way coaching training exertion related. Its been a problem years in the making and will take years to remedy. Probably about 10 in the Championship.

It feels like the club is resigned to it. In fact in order to be successful again, I think we will have to you go down and rebuild. 

At this point relegation if it meant Rodgers goes and the club has a reset and go back to what we did well before, I would take it over circling the drain again next year…

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why would you sign your long term future to such an unambitious club though? I simply can't fault him

He's a top player. He wants to train with and learn from world-class players. Instead he's trying to teach Wilfred how to pass a ball again and has Daniel Amartey as his target practice. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, taupe said:

Can managers have a relegation clause in their contract? 

:D

But seriously, don’t forget how much the club are paying Rodgers to produce this style of football. I imagine he’s probably one of the highest paid football managers in the world, overseeing a squad who are ‘earning’ a considerable salary.

You have to hand it to Rodgers actually. Limited managerially, particularly in terms of tactics, yet he’s fashioned a fortune for himself. He must be a multi multi millionaire.

Same as Southgate, it shows how image driven the profession is (let’s face it, the world..) and with the right PR, how much money you can make.

I hate it personally. For me, it’s a huge con trick. But then I’m ‘old school’ I guess. With me, you get what you see.

3 hours ago, taupe said:

Can managers have a relegation clause in their contract? 

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

:D

But seriously

So that's a no then? It was a serious question. Could he potentially be sacked, without compensation nor paying up of contracts, if we drop? Equally, can he walk without penalty if we go down?

Guest Col city fan
16 minutes ago, taupe said:

So that's a no then? It was a serious question. Could he potentially be sacked, without compensation nor paying up of contracts, if we drop? Equally, can he walk without penalty if we go down?

Yes I’m sure the club and the manager built a relegation clause into Rodgers contract.

:thumbup: