Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

6 hours ago, Dames said:

I imagine if the money was right he would have signed. Rodgers has alluded to this. I think the biggest issue we have is that the club broke its wage structure to sign Rodgers up long term and the knock on effect is that players and agents are lining up to get what they feel they are worth comparatively too. The problem we have is that we don't have the money or the revenues to be paying many players over 6 figures a week.  

No he really wouldn’t, it was clear his intentions when he would only sign a 4 year deal and then kept refusing offers despite being in champions league places 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Why would you sign your long term future to such an unambitious club though? I simply can't fault him

He wouldn’t sign when we were in champions league places, opening £100m training grounds and planning a ground game expansion. He had no intention of signing, as is happening more widely in football with players taking the power away from clubs who want to hold them hostage or ask silly fees…. See Kane, Rice, Maddison to name three. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Oh how wrong the comments are going to be 

Impossible to call mate, just before the world cup I`d have said we were not even in the mix but form goes down as well as up, any one of these teams could hit a run of good form, but to answer the question  Southampton, Bournemouth and Everton for me.

11 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Yeah havent seen anyone say us which is surprising. Think we'll stay up but we aren't that much better than those around us. Times will go on mad class and absolutely stinking runs at any given time. Strap yourselves in folks.

Edited by Nalis

10 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

The comments are crazy. I just can’t understand how anyone outside of us can’t see how shit we are. Then again, when we were good, hardly anyone saw that too. Maybe I should stop looking at Twitter for info. 

9 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

Can still get 11/2 on us getting relegated at Paddypower, get in quick before the weekend! They have 6 other teams more likely to gown ahead of us! 

Why do you sound so gleeful?

I really do despair at these kind of posts. Having a moan is one thing but genuinely sounding happy about the shit we are in? Get in the bin

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Maybe I should stop looking at Twitter for info. 

If ever there was a more fitting maxim for the age that we now live in. Perhaps amend that to "all social media". 

18 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Southampton looking like world beaters tonight 🤣 we are down, 99.9% sure of it 

Tonight. Nobody was saying it last week.

Too early to say for definite who is going.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Why do you sound so gleeful?

I really do despair at these kind of posts. Having a moan is one thing but genuinely sounding happy about the shit we are in? Get in the bin

Apologies, I'll stick to moaning next time and see if that helps. :facepalm:

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Southampton tonight showing what can be achieved with a very average squad.

Well organised, and TONS of effort, with one or two good players.

This could be a big springboard for them tonight. In stark contrast to Leicester, they started this game believing they could win it. We started last night having already lost it.

And I doubt Nathan Jones is on 10m a year.

Edited by Col city fan

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Southampton tonight showing what can be achieved with a very average squad.

Well organised, and TONS of effort, with one or two good players.

This could be a big springboard for them tonight. In stark contrast to Leicester, they started this game believing they could win it. We started last night having already lost it.

And I doubt Nathan Jones is on 10m a year.

Not saying we werent really shit but we got the worst possible draw in a full strength decent quality highly motivated Newcastle away compared to the others so it is difficult to compare

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Not saying we werent really shit but we got the worst possible draw in a full strength decent quality highly motivated Newcastle away compared to the others so it is difficult to compare

It’s not difficult to compare at all. The point I’m making is the self belief. We went there last night being mentally defeated before the game started. That’s the job of the manager to a. Stop making fookin excuses and b. Instill belief into the team.

Neither happened. For 10 million quid a year, that’s shit management.

Rodgers is a fraud.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

It wasn't a popular view I expressed last night, but I stick with it.

Say newcastle were missing their 3 current top players; joellintin, Almiron and tripper, lost 3 on the spin and had relegation looming versus us with a few  unbeaten and Ricky, Evans and Madders all on song. 

Ifs and buts and it's not a.complaint. we've had a roll; league cup semi, European semi, fa cup win, 2 x top 4 pushes and another European campaign... playing (and beating) beleaguered Newcastle sideals amongst others. Our battle now is just to come out of this phase and reinvent ourselves. It's normal..it's cyclical. We just gotta suck it up and work thro it. And accept it's someone else's turn for a good roll 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Say newcastle were missing their 3 current top players; joellintin, Almiron and tripper, lost 3 on the spin and had relegation looming versus us with a few  unbeaten and Ricky, Evans and Madders all on song. 

Ifs and buts and it's not a.complaint. we've had a roll; league cup semi, European semi, fa cup win, 2 x top 4 pushes and another European campaign... playing (and beating) beleaguered Newcastle sideals amongst others. Our battle now is just to come out of this phase and reinvent ourselves. It's normal..it's cyclical. We just gotta suck it up and work thro it. And accept it's someone else's turn for a good roll 

I can’t see why the following:

a. Some awful signings

b. Blowing big wages on rubbish 

c. A significant deterioration in once excellent players

d. A complete lack of self belief

e. No explanations from the board regarding the clubs finances 

f. Blowing two top four finishes by going on incredibly bad runs

g. No talk at a higher level regarding whether Rodgers needs to be replaced

Is indicative of a ‘cyclical change’.

It didn’t need to be like this. We COULD have taken the 2016 League win, signed some really good players and cemented our future

You are making excuses. The ‘cyclical nature’ of football success and failure is a feeble argument. It ain’t necessarily so.

At the end of the day, I think it’s the end of an era for the club. We had a good 5/6 years which was unusual for a club our size and we failed to take advantage of it due to poor ownership, coaching whatever you wanna call it. We could’ve cemented ourselves as a top 6 club but we’ve absolutely bottled any chance of that now. We’ll go back to being a midtable premier league club if we don’t get relegated this season. If we do get relegated this season, not sure where we’ll end up to be honest. 

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Madison is a huge miss but the other two were in form over two years ago. To put our problems down to a few injuries is delusional. The cyclical nature of football is a myth and the sort of stuff they come up with on talksport, when are Blackburn for instance due their next run at the title?

Our problems run deep and are due to mismanagement (as much as the good times were down to good management) and in that I don't just mean Brendan Rodgers.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Madison is a huge miss but the other two were in form over two years ago. To put our problems down to a few injuries is delusional. The cyclical nature of football is a myth and the sort of stuff they come up with on talksport, when are Blackburn for instance due their next run at the title?

Our problems run deep and are due to mismanagement (as much as the good times were down to good management) and in that I don't just mean Brendan Rodgers.

👍

1 minute ago, ramaiya2 said:

Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest for me

Wrong place for that here mate. If you don't think Leicester are the worst thing to exist and want to suck off every member of Forest's first 11 you aren't welcome. Place has gone to the dogs