Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I reckon it’ll be between us, Everton, Bournemouth, Forest and West Ham. Wolves have improved under Lopetegui and Cunha was a good signing for them, can see Southampton going on a little run now and they’re also still improving their squad. 

We are in more trouble than most think.

• Like 1

Hopefully we have another good run in us like we had in October. Maddison will come back and carry us, and Vardy has a few match winning goals left in his aging body.

• Like 1

My concern is that under BR we have looked ok when confidence is high and things are going our way. But I’ve seen nothing to suggest he can instil an ‘us against the world’ siege mentality that might be required, he just doesn’t seem to have the fight. I genuinely believe he’s not invested enough in the long-term wellbeing on the club. 

in recent memory, being 2-0 down with 15 minutes to go was not a guaranteed defeat, feels inevitable this season. 

• Like 3

Seems like we are running out of teams that are worse than us, especially given our injury crisis. And yet there is still no sign of any concrete transfer news, whilst others around us are strengthening further. I'm now resigned to no new arrivals or, worse, the arrival on loan of Michael Keane and Matt Ritchie on 31 January. Grim times indeed. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Hopefully we have another good run in us like we had in October. Maddison will come back and carry us, and Vardy has a few match winning goals left in his aging body.

Despite the doom and gloom, this is the most likely scenario. We'll have an uplift, sometime soon I'd guess, that should pull us towards 30 points quickly leaving us to toil for another 11 points from somewhere. 

Oddly, I'd be more concerned if I was Southampton as they've spunked two rare decent performances on cup games.

Still convinced that Palace are in trouble. They are woeful. And for all the orgasming on here over forest, they are on peak form and still, at best, only a point ahead if us

The game against Forest is massive. 

I’ll believe we’re in trouble if that goes south. 

I also think that’ll be the game where the larger fan base realise we’re in serious trouble if we lose.

How is this football we’re watching now, any better than the stuff we played under Puel? I’d say we’re about as entertaining as sawing your arm off at present; which isn’t helping as people aren’t enjoying it so it goes all negative. 

I've probably moved into 'we're going down'. camp, mainly due to injuries, unfit players, lack of fight or character, no definite playing style. I could go on. 

I'm also amazed at our odds to go down...6/1, 7/1. Do the bookies or media have any idea of our plight ? 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nalis said:

Not saying we werent really shit but we got the worst possible draw in a full strength decent quality highly motivated Newcastle away compared to the others so it is difficult to compare

I disagree I would rather play Newcastle than Man City every day of the week. 

We were mentally weak, we looked like a lower division team who had battled our way through to the quarter final and we were setting up to exit the competition through damage limitation and a gallant end to our cup run. Newcastle away was a tough draw but the challenge was far from insurmountable, but our approach and mentality was so poor and we through away the opportunity to progress. 

Southampton however were brave and went toe to toe with Man City, who are streets ahead of Newcastle, and have been rewarded with a semi final and the opportunity to reach the Wembley showpiece. 

• Like 1

Still a lot of football to play but I reckon Forest will muddle through, getting enough points, as will Wolves. Everton and West Ham, not so sure. Southampton, we'll see if their win is the start of something. Bournemouth are struggling. But, as mentioned above, Palace are starting to falter. Give it 6 weeks and who knows what the table will look like.

1 hour ago, roblcfc84 said:

My concern is that under BR we have looked ok when confidence is high and things are going our way. But I’ve seen nothing to suggest he can instil an ‘us against the world’ siege mentality that might be required, he just doesn’t seem to have the fight. I genuinely believe he’s not invested enough in the long-term wellbeing on the club. 

in recent memory, being 2-0 down with 15 minutes to go was not a guaranteed defeat, feels inevitable this season. 

Unfortunately, and it’s statistically correct this season, not just being negative, 1-0 down after 2 minutes (like Newcastle on Boxing Day) is a guaranteed defeat!

13 hours ago, Line-X said:

If ever there was a more fitting maxim for the age that we now live in. Perhaps amend that to "all social media". 

This very forum is a form of social media.

Probably best to stay off here too, as not many positives at the moment. :(

The great one Brendych will see us through, im not worried, il even wager putting my support at risk. If we get relegated, il resign from FT and delete my account.

#confidence #RODDGERRRSSTILLIDDIEEE

Edited by Simoken

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I would suggest anyone thinking a sizeable squad rebuild makes relegation a formality look at Crystal Palace. They had a worse squad than us before, they've had less money than us before, they've got a worse squad than us now. Yet their name hasn't been in the relegation picture once. 

It's the manager.

Only flaw in your argument is that they are as bad as us and in a few weeks will be in trouble probably

3 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

It literally is. 

0 points from losing positions, out of 33 available.

17 points dropped from winning positions, out of 33 available. 

1 point vs the Top 10

We haven't won a game in which we've conceded a goal...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I would suggest anyone thinking a sizeable squad rebuild makes relegation a formality look at Crystal Palace. They had a worse squad than us before, they've had less money than us before, they've got a worse squad than us now. Yet their name hasn't been in the relegation picture once. 

It's the manager.

Yet they've only won one more game than us.

See what happens this month as Palace's next three games, one a game in hand, are; Chelsea, Manchester United, Newcastle.

I don't think Palace will go down but, with their fixtures over the next two months, they could slip further down the league.

Fortunately we've got what the other 6 teams (apart from Leeds) haven't got and that is the ability to create and score goals, that will be the difference I think regardless of how poorly we defend. Most teams that get relegated do so not so much because they can't defend but because they can't score enough goals to win matches.

2 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Fortunately we've got what the other 6 teams (apart from Leeds) haven't got and that is the ability to create and score goals, that will be the difference I think regardless of how poorly we defend. Most teams that get relegated do so not so much because they can't defend but because they can't score enough goals to win matches.

However we have managed to score 1 goal in 4 games against Premier League opposition since the return after the World Cup, so I would say the fact the goals have dried up is even more reason to be concerned 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

It's the manager.

This is the point that many seem to overlook and where I think actually yes, Rodgers has successfully manipulated people to cover for his own shortcomings. There's a lot of acting on the assumption we're expecting to get back into Europe after a rebuild. That would be nice but I wouldn't say it's likely. I at the minimum expect we can do what Crystal Palace have done though, yet the management is so poor he's convinced people this disgraceful plight is an inevitability.

The bloke should be in politics.

16 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

However we have managed to score 1 goal in 4 games against Premier League opposition since the return after the World Cup, so I would say the fact the goals have dried up is even more reason to be concerned 

It is almost as if we aren't a good creative team and we do in-fact rely on moments of individual brilliance while our main player capable of this is out injured. Who would have thought it!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Yep that is a big worry, for reasons already explained. If you can't score goals and your'e shipping them the other end, that only ends one way