Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yet they've only won one more game than us.

See what happens this month as Palace's next three games, one a game in hand, are; Chelsea, Manchester United, Newcastle.

I don't think Palace will go down but, with their fixtures over the next two months, they could slip further down the league.

They'll still have more points than us I suspect.

Almost feels nailed on for me if we lose on Saturday. We don't have a single player in good form, don't have any identity as a team (what are we good at / what makes us different?), injuries, brain dead management and bottle under the slightest pressure.

it would just be so Leicester after the last years to go down. 

• Like 2

This season is horribly shaping up like 1977-78.

After many years in the top flight, we became absolute rubbish.  And to add to the pain, Forest were back in the top flight after many years and doing very well.

All we need now, is to draw Walsall away in the FA Cup 4th round to round it off.

Oops ...................................

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Half our team look like they don't want to be on the pitch.  Most of them look like they don't expect a win any time soon.  This is an attitude problem that can be addressed, but we need the right management and actions to achieve it.

New players can help as they are not initially affected by the problems of the current team, but there is a limit on what they can bring.  Players returning from injury would also help, but again this only brings a limited improvement.  What is really needed is a change in management.  A new manager will want desperately to succeed, would be highly motivated and likely to transmit this to the players.  

If we don't get the necessary changes we will go down unless there are three teams that are technically weaker, with a worse attitude and with worse management.  Right now I can't find three such teams in the PL.  

Sooner or later change has to come.  If it doesn't come even after this season then we'll be in the Championship with little hope of stopping the rot.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It’s possible, if Forest beat us, Leeds draw, West Ham, Bournemouth and Everton all win their games we will be 18th.

A lot's of "if's there".

Bournemouth won't win at Brentford.

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s the lack of fight that concerns me.

Other than PSV, when was the last time we mounted a comeback or scored a late goal? As soon as we go behind, we look beat. 

Our mental strength of prince Harry has been lingering for a few years now tbf 

1 hour ago, coalvillefox said:

Fortunately we've got what the other 6 teams (apart from Leeds) haven't got and that is the ability to create and score goals, that will be the difference I think regardless of how poorly we defend. Most teams that get relegated do so not so much because they can't defend but because they can't score enough goals to win matches.

Except 1) the goals have dried up and 2) even in your own example all those 'extra' goals are only worth 2 points compared to the drop zone...

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

A lot's of "if's there".

Bournemouth won't win at Brentford.

Drew 0-0 at home and Brentford are better against the better sides than the worse. Don't think it's implausible. It's the kind of shitty thing that'll happen following a crap set of results.

59 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Other than PSV, when was the last time we mounted a comeback or scored a late goal? As soon as we go behind, we look beat. 

Our record from behind is absolutely abject. I think bar Watford away we didn't take a point from a game we trailed in once in 2022. So that's the extent of it - an already relegated side who lost something like 17 home games.

I suppose it's testament to my continued (and foolhardy) devotion to the team but the prospect of relegation has been weighing in my gut like a lead weight.

I can't shake this feeling that we're circling the drain and I am DREADING the next ten years of insignificance.

Frightening look at the table and fixtures for this weekend. A while back I thought we could get away with a draw against forest in our current state against a forest rising in confidence. Now I see it’s absolutely imperitive to win just to keep our head above water. We could easily drop right into the sheizer if all the other results go against us.

17084024-1169-4F6C-95B0-79CF96C86FE9.jpeg

96CDA8B2-38A4-478F-B4B4-B7A5D6D0CA83.jpeg

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Frightening look at the table and fixtures for this weekend. A while back I thought we could get away with a draw against forest in our current state against a forest rising in confidence. Now I see it’s absolutely imperitive to win just to keep our head above water. We could easily drop right into the sheizer if all the other results go against us.

96CDA8B2-38A4-478F-B4B4-B7A5D6D0CA83.jpeg

Shit that’s far to close for comfort can see wins for Brentford & Villa draws for wolves Everton Southampton West Ham, can’t decide how we’ll fair hope we win but a tough one really need Brendan to pull something out of his hat for the next few games to get us back to winning ways !

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Part of the reason it pisses me off so much. Same squad at PSV and Rennes shown a concentration and desire to get the required results. It's there when motivated. 

18 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Mad that only one team has lost more games than us.

It's simple- we have to win this weekend or the pressure will really start to mount, on the players, from the fans. I think we have enough to do it but we need players in and back from injury ASAP.

15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Bournemouth, Wolves, Southampton, Forest, Everton, Leeds and West Ham 

Not sure about that. 

Bournemouth yes possibly

Wolves no, are on the up and will pull away. 

Southampton yes although Jones may start to sort them

Forest yes but improving quickly 

Everton maybe but soon as they sack Lampard will fly up the table

Leeds no, inconsistent but have their days and tend to win every few games

West Ham no, underperforming currently and better side than us

Only ones worse than us in current form are Bournemouth and Saints I reckon (and latter just beat Man City)