Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

So who is going down with us? I imagine Everton will do their usual and shithouse a few wins to stay up again, I'm sure we will oblige. West Ham may change things and will stay up I think. God clearly hates us so Forest get a pass so I'll go for Southampton and Bournemouth. 

• Like 1

Despite the doom and gloom, I actually still believe we will stay up. 

However, it is going to be tight and we may only do it by a small margin. 

Key things that need to happen - New manager, 3 new singings and keeping Tielemans and Maddison fit. 

That's the bare minimum, which are all achievable, but Top needs to act now. 

I’m more or less resigned to it now, I’m struggling to grasp how much we’ve regressed the last year or so and how seemingly nothing is being done to rectify it, like the board are resigned to it too.

But mostly, I’m more annoyed that living abroad I will barely get to watch any games next season.

At the moment I can only see us finishing above Bournemouth and Southampton. Everton will find some heart and fight at some point probably once their amateur hour manager goes.

The difference Madison could make is pivotal to our chances, without him there’s no creativity and just possession for possessions sake.

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

This is going to go down as one of the worst relegations in PL era. 

Most teams that go down circle the drain, come up and can’t stay up or have 2nd season syndrome. 

We’ve been in the division for 9 nears, won the PL, FA Cup and Charity Shield, along with 3 European campaigns and spending £400m+

The only one that compares is Blackburn 3 or 4 yeara after they won the league.

Even league it was a different era and we won the FA Cup too.

45 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Key things that need to happen - New manager, 3 new singings and keeping Tielemans and Maddison fit. 

New manager, yes, 3 signings, yes Maddison, yes. Tielemans hasn’t been fit for 2 years!

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

This is going to go down as one of the worst relegations in PL era. 

Most teams that go down circle the drain, come up and can’t stay up or have 2nd season syndrome. 

We’ve been in the division for 9 nears, won the PL, FA Cup and Charity Shield, along with 3 European campaigns and spending £400m+

Yeah, probably the worst since West Ham went down with Defoe, Carrick, Bowyer, Di Canio etc

Even then they got over 40 points and still went down 

After 19 games, our seasons in the Premier League.

14/15 - 20th on 13 points. 
15/16 - 2nd on 39 points.

16/17 - 15th on 20 points.

18/19 - 7th on 28 points.

19/20 - 2nd on 39 points.

20/21 - 3rd on 38 points.

21/22 - 10th on 22 points.

22/23 - 13th on 17 points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

A fit Maddison makes the world of difference to us. We can still stay up but Christ we will make hard work of it. 

Horrible scenario now, get rid and will any players want to come? You can keep him and hope the signings and returning players scrape us by, but that’s very short term as we know he’ll wreck them also. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

A fit Maddison makes the world of difference to us. We can still stay up but Christ we will make hard work of it. 

Horrible scenario now, get rid and will any players want to come? You can keep him and hope the signings and returning players scrape us by, but that’s very short term as we know he’ll wreck them also. 

I don't think there's even that much wrong with Maddison, genuinely think he might be a major hypochondriac but we need him back ASAP to dig our way out of this whole.

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

After 19 games, our seasons in the Premier League.

14/15 - 20th on 13 points. 
15/16 - 2nd on 39 points.

16/17 - 15th on 20 points.

18/19 - 7th on 28 points.

19/20 - 2nd on 39 points.

20/21 - 3rd on 38 points.

21/22 - 10th on 22 points.

22/23 - 13th on 17 points.

Ranieri lasted 6 more games after the half way mark in 16/17 winning none of them for a comparison 

Edited by MattFox
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

still massive odds against to go down with the bookies

3/1, I'm having the house on

Got us at 5/1 this morning. 

May as well get what l can from a miserable season. Ashamed to admit it all the same. Blood money.