Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

After 19 games, our seasons in the Premier League.

14/15 - 20th on 13 points. 
15/16 - 2nd on 39 points.

16/17 - 15th on 20 points.

18/19 - 7th on 28 points.

19/20 - 2nd on 39 points.

20/21 - 3rd on 38 points.

21/22 - 10th on 22 points.

22/23 - 13th on 17 points.

Regressed. 

So does our first relegation since the unthinkable in 2008 to League One (in a similarly chaotic, topsy turvy and 'mismanaged from the top' season in the Championship as this one to date in the Prem.), beckon in May??! I dread to think it might. For now we have to be thankful there are five poor teams below us - but for how much longer on current form?! We'll know more by February once the transfer window has closed and with regard to present injured personnel....

The thing that scares me about this current crop of players is if we’re anywhere near the bottom 3 come end of the season, which we will be, we’ll absolutely crumble. 

No way we’d be capable of getting a gritty win(s) when needed. 

• Like 4

Feels nailed on that we'll be 17 points after 24 games. We'll need to be nigh in perfect in the remaining 12 to survive. I'm not sure we've got the fight in us to.

There's already a reasonable gap opening above us too: 3 to Forest, 5 to Palace, 8 to Villa. Looks like 7 of us trying to avoid the 3 spots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Those teams below us will or have all changed their manager before we will in an attempt to evoke an improvement. They're all willing to invest in players too.

We are all but relegated without decisive action.

Yes. Only Moyes at present appears to be equally unsackable....while Lampard must surely be skating on thin ice now after today's damaging defeat to the Saints. My post was more saying the last time the club was in this much turmoil (on and of the pitch), we were .... relegated! That was without a Premier League and an FA Cup trophy in the cabinet admittedly, with the other additional main difference being from the league below of course. Anyway, recent glories aside then if we did go down I don't think we'd return in any hurry either! Possibly Blackburn the second??

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

1 point vs the top 10 this season out of 10 games and we are now about to play 4 of them again + Villa away so it's highly likely we'll still be on 17 points from 24 games and have a mountain to climb.

To think Brendan was targeting us to get in to the top 10 by the end of this run of games 😂😂😂😂

This is absolutely harrowing even in our 14/15 season first season back in the premier league, we had more fight against the Top 10. We have regressed so badly, it’s an abomination.

• Like 3

I think relegation talks are premature given we're only half way through the season and we're still outside the relegation zone but something seriously needs to change. Whether a new signing, change in manager can spark our season and be the catalyst is the question but carry on this way and we may well be looking down the table rather than up. 

5 minutes ago, shailen said:

I think relegation talks are premature given we're only half way through the season and we're still outside the relegation zone but something seriously needs to change. Whether a new signing, change in manager can spark our season and be the catalyst is the question but carry on this way and we may well be looking down the table rather than up. 

17 points after 19 games with a really tough fixture list over the next couple of months

I’d say it’s very real at this stage

What strikes me is the number of players we have who are of championship standard or at best bottom half prem. I'm sure it's open to debate but I would consider

Ward

Smithies

Thomas

Amartey

Bertrand

Vestergaarbage

Soumare

Perez

Daka

At this current time, probably vardy

All totally sub standard

14 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

The thing that scares me about this current crop of players is if we’re anywhere near the bottom 3 come end of the season, which we will be, we’ll absolutely crumble. 

No way we’d be capable of getting a gritty win(s) when needed. 

Was thinking about this looking at the fixtures. If we had April's fixtures in February, I'd be more at ease, but I know what this lot are like under pressure. Total bottlejobs under a bottlejob manager.

Leeds away in April on a Tuesday night. A fired up Elland Road under the lights in a six pointer. I think we all know what happens.

15 hours ago, Guy said:

So does our first relegation since the unthinkable in 2008 to League One (in a similarly chaotic, topsy turvy and 'mismanaged from the top' season in the Championship as this one to date in the Prem.), beckon in May??! I dread to think it might. For now we have to be thankful there are five poor teams below us - but for how much longer on current form?! We'll know more by February once the transfer window has closed and with regard to present injured personnel....

The problem with the five poor teams is West Ham and Everton will just find a way. Southampton are improving. Wolves difficult to call. Bournemouth will fill a relegation spot. The two above us are in the mix. Maybe no more teams above than that though. At one point I thought Bournemouth, Forest, and Southampton would be the three. At the moment I'd say Bournemouth, us and ano.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Twitcher said:

The problem with the five poor teams is West Ham and Everton will just find a way. Southampton are improving. Wolves difficult to call. Bournemouth will fill a relegation spot. The two above us are in the mix. Maybe no more teams above than that though. At one point I thought Bournemouth, Forest, and Southampton would be the three. At the moment I'd say Bournemouth, us and ano.

Yes indeed - all too real a reality for comfort at the moment when talk was (before the World Cup interruption of all things!), that we were then improved enough to be aiming for a mid table finish or better! At the end of the day we are two points away from bottom spot now and with the next six fixtures then we may well be occupying that very spot by March. From then on then I sense the Great Escape with this squad of players (no Cambiasso and Ulloa to get their Argentinian heads together to get us out of it this time, eight years on!) will definitely not happen if the above did indeed come to fruition!   

Leicester are halfway through their Premier League season.

In each of the past 5 seasons, they've picked up fewer points over the second half of the campaign.

17/18
27 points📉20 points

18/19
28📉24

19/20
39📉23

20/21
38📉28

21/22
28📉27

22/23
17 points after 19 games 😬

I think the team will get its mojo back when the window closes, as I think it is unsettling everybody.

We will problem then scrape through, but with summer departures very much a relegation battle from day 1 next season.

Edited by foxinsox

2 hours ago, foxinsox said:

I think the team will get its mojo back when the window closes, as I think it is unsettling everybody.

We will problem then scrape through, but with summer departures very much a relegation battle from day 1 next season.

We are in one now,well actually no we are not because there is no battle, at the moment it’s us and Bournemouth who will definitely be going down, Everton and West Ham have enough quality with a new manager bounce. 

• Like 1