Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

19 hours ago, shailen said:

I think relegation talks are premature given we're only half way through the season and we're still outside the relegation zone but something seriously needs to change. Whether a new signing, change in manager can spark our season and be the catalyst is the question but carry on this way and we may well be looking down the table rather than up. 

Have you watched any of the games or seen the table and the trend in results? 

I don’t see a way back now unless there is some drastic improvements with the amount of injured players, the attitude of those on the pitch and our leadership.

Looking at the fixtures ahead, if we stay in this form I think we’d be lucky to get 15 more points, leaving us with 32.

Edited by phoneticerror

Had a little bit too much free time this afternoon so had a go at doing a predictor for all of the fixtures until the end of the season (https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

This is how it ended up. Now bearing in mind I am in quite a pessimistic and negative state of mind with regards to Leicester atm I have probably been more biased against us with the predicted results so with that in mind I still think there's a good chance we can beat this!

table.jpg

6 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Even on Hawksbee and Jacobs this afternoon they  said we'd be  safe ,not a mention  of Rodgers being under any pressure,cant believe anyone outside of Leicester  can be so out of touch 

The people in the national media have no real interest outside their own clubs, and the so called bigger clubs, which they need to keep an eye out for, because they know they will be required to have a knowledgeable opinion  on them at times during a season.  Clubs like ours, they just pay lipservice too really, without having any real knowledge of what's going on.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Had a little bit too much free time this afternoon so had a go at doing a predictor for all of the fixtures until the end of the season (https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

This is how it ended up. Now bearing in mind I am in quite a pessimistic and negative state of mind with regards to Leicester atm I have probably been more biased against us with the predicted results so with that in mind I still think there's a good chance we can beat this!

table.jpg

Even if it did end like this, which i'd take, 22 losses from 38 games and 15th is 100% a sackable offence. 

He will easily convince this board and owner that it was inevitable though. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Even on Hawksbee and Jacobs this afternoon they  said we'd be  safe ,not a mention  of Rodgers being under any pressure,cant believe anyone outside of Leicester  can be so out of touch .

Spor on. We've gone completely under the radar. You could get 6/1, even 7s on us going down on Saturday morning......l had some of that, (not proud to admit it).

Bookies & media have no idea what a mess we're in. Amazing really. 

• Like 1

Did that predictor thing too

image.png.102c0ff1e20fe44d2c86e411854d87d3.png

Somehow. Somehow having us to stay up. Think it's the games in April that do it. 

Last day of the season, games include:

Leicester vs West Ham

Crystal Palace vs Forest

Everton vs Bournemouth

Fun! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Somehow. Somehow having us to stay up. Think it's the games in April that do it. 

Leicester vs West Ham

Crystal Palace vs Forest

Everton vs Bournemouth

Fun! 

I honestly couldn't confidently back us to get a point at the moment. We're the pits

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Even on Hawksbee and Jacobs this afternoon they  said we'd be  safe ,not a mention  of Rodgers being under any pressure,cant believe anyone outside of Leicester  can be so out of touch .

That’s is so true, I’m at work near Rugby , all the football fans (none Leicester fans) there all keep saying ‘you’ll be OK’ ‘too good to go down’ 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I honestly couldn't confidently back us to get a point at the moment. We're the pits

Not for the next set of games going into March, same. I agree. It looks bloody bleak. After that though... 

Looks like Rodgers is staying so just got to hope they are going to back him with 3 or 4 players. Might be too late by end of Jan though at this rate. Got to move heaven and earth as a collective to get at least 17th place and write off everything in the summer! 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Leicester vs West Ham

Crystal Palace vs Forest

Everton vs Bournemouth

Fun! 

Is there any better fixture  in football than a final day game against the always mid table palace 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Even if it did end like this, which i'd take, 22 losses from 38 games and 15th is 100% a sackable offence. 

He will easily convince this board and owner that it was inevitable though. 

Absolutely agree. Tbh, if the final table looks anything like that come the end of the season it will probably go down as the worst PL season ever in terms of quality and the gulf between the top and bottom.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, john ridley said:

Yeah I’ve been listening today too and literally we aren’t being spoken about as relegation candidates.

The focus has pretty much all been on Everton today, particularly in relation to the protests etc. Their fans seem to detest the owner, despite him having spent an absolute fortune on players. (Christ, how they’ve wasted money!!).

It’s as if no-one in the media believes that Rodgers could take us down. Then again, I was reading a thread yesterday on FB (Leicester City Football Club I think) and the vast majority laid no blame at Rodgers’ door whatsoever.

Our levels of apathy, from board through to fans, at LCFC, are the worst I’ve ever known having followed City for nearly 50 years.

Edited by Col city fan

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah I’ve been listening today too and literally we aren’t being spoken about as relegation candidates.

The focus has pretty much all been on Everton today, particularly in relation to the protests etc. Their fans seem to detest the owner, despite him having spent an absolute fortune on players. (Christ, how they’ve wasted money!!).

It’s as if no-one in the media believes that Rodgers could take us down. Then again, I was reading a thread yesterday on FB (Leicester City Football Club I think) and the vast majority laid no blame at Rodgers’ door whatsoever.

Our levels of apathy, from board through to fans, at LCFC, are the worst I’ve ever known having followed City for nearly 50 years.

Issue is that some still feel like because we've had a good decade, they aren't allowed to complain. When we were a shambles in the mid-2000s, there was no one that had any credit in the bank and anyone was fair game for criticism. 

One thing is for sure..We & other bottom 5-6 teams have to pick up unexpected points against top 6-8 teams.

It depends which set of players have extra drive to twist their clubs fate…

So getting on any particular set of permutations and Forum anxieties ( though natural)…

I am going to sit back and enjoy,yes enjoy the scenario,if not the games…

All those struggling teams don’t seem at present to accumalate 34-36pts,

Now it’s a frantic chase to see if they can…& reach that coveted 40-42pts as quick as possible…

2-3 wise new player investments

might get them (whoever that maybe) over the line…

Like I said now to enjoy the Theater of it, why bother to be downhearted or totally frustrated…the answer will come knocking soon enough, and not one fan movement will change it…

• Like 1