Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

37 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

One thing is for sure..We & other bottom 5-6 teams have to pick up unexpected points against top 6-8 teams.

It depends which set of players have extra drive to twist their clubs fate…

So getting on any particular set of permutations and Forum anxieties ( though natural)…

I am going to sit back and enjoy,yes enjoy the scenario,if not the games…

All those struggling teams don’t seem at present to accumalate 34-36pts,

Now it’s a frantic chase to see if they can…& reach that coveted 40-42pts as quick as possible…

2-3 wise new player investments

might get them (whoever that maybe) over the line…

Like I said now to enjoy the Theater of it, why bother to be downhearted or totally frustrated…the answer will come knocking soon enough, and not one fan movement will change it…

36 could be enough this season. 

40/42 looks like comfortable safety. Time will tell of course (reckon I've covered my backside there :whistle:)

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

36 could be enough this season. 

40/42 looks like comfortable safety. Time will tell of course (reckon I've covered my backside there :whistle:)

It's our club that have to cover their backsides, while gameday fans run for the Pampas

On 16/01/2023 at 07:40, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Have you watched any of the games or seen the table and the trend in results? 

Yeah it looks terrible right now as it did at the start of the season but it's a confidence issue which needs a result to get going. Win one or two and that momentum will carry us up the table. I'm certain of that, as we have the quality. 

We need that to happen sooner rather than later, but I'm not thinking about relegation yet!! 

55 minutes ago, shailen said:

Yeah it looks terrible right now as it did at the start of the season but it's a confidence issue which needs a result to get going. Win one or two and that momentum will carry us up the table. I'm certain of that, as we have the quality. 

We need that to happen sooner rather than later, but I'm not thinking about relegation yet!! 

Confidence issue or being poorly managed, it’s down to Rodgers and he should be sacked.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, shailen said:

Difference is we have pretty much our entire midfield injured now (baring the Belgian one who wants out). 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Confidence issue or being poorly managed, it’s down to Rodgers and he should be sacked.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be. I don't think we'll go down regardless of who's in charge. Might be naive but there are 3 worse teams than us!! 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Corky said:

So much is going to depend on whether Maddison can keep his form going when he returns.

Crucial

It SHOULDNT be btw. No team should rely so heavily on the great form of one player. 
But you’re dead right.

45 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Still don’t think that the majority of fans or the wider football world are grasping how real a possibility this is and what a complete and utter disgrace it would be if we were to get relegated. 

Drifting aimlessly towards oblivion. 

The likes of Lineker will be on TV saying we’ve overachieved and are going back to out natural level etc

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MattFox said:

The likes of Lineker will be on TV saying we’ve overachieved and are going back to out natural level etc

A lot of our own fans will be as well and will still be telling us to be grateful whilst scoffing their free commiserations sausage roll. 

• Like 3