Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

We were the blueprint of how to run a football club and we've gone from that to being the complete opposite. Shambles from top to bottom 

Honestly the more time goes on the more I think we just lucked out a bit with some exceptional signings. I've long held a suspicion we had an illusion of being well-run rather than actually being that well-run.

• Like 1

On the cold light of day, when you consider all of the facts we’re ****ed.

Bar two things, one being we perform a miracle in the transfer window and sign at least three decent players….. isn’t going to happen.

Two, Brendan gets sacked, and we bring in a manager with the intention of injecting some Steele and fight into this team….. which ain’t going to happen, until it’s too late that is. 

I think it’s now a certainty, we will be playing championship football next season. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Honestly the more time goes on the more I think we just lucked out a bit with some exceptional signings. I've long held a suspicion we had an illusion of being well-run rather than actually being that well-run.

Maybe solid foundations set by NP, Shakey and Co.?

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We were genuinely best in class for sports science and data analytics at one point due to work done by Pearson/Walsh.

People at the top never recognised that and loads of people within have moved on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

On the cold light of day, when you consider all of the facts we’re ****ed.

Bar two things, one being we perform a miracle in the transfer window and sign at least three decent players….. isn’t going to happen.

Two, Brendan gets sacked, and we bring in a manager with the intention of injecting some Steele and fight into this team….. which ain’t going to happen, until it’s too late that is. 

I think it’s now a certainty, we will be playing championship football next season. 

How can it be a certainty we will be in the Championship next season when we aren’t even in the bottom three? 

• Like 1

Following our transfer news I can't honestly say I'll be "excited" even if everything goes to plan and we get Souttar, Tetê and another player in. I think "relieved" would be the word... relieved that we might stand a chance at staying up, hopefully moving Rodgers on in the summer and kicking on. Because if we don't get these deals over the line, we are absolutely ****ed, no question about it, but I won't have much confidence in us pulling away from a relegation battle with ease just because we've finally pulled our fingers out in the transfer market.

On 18/01/2023 at 12:38, foxfanazer said:

We were the blueprint of how to run a football club and we've gone from that to being the complete opposite. Shambles from top to bottom 

Shambles is how Everton is run, We are a long way off

On 18/01/2023 at 20:57, Aus Fox said:

How can it be a certainty we will be in the Championship next season when we aren’t even in the bottom three? 

Certainly is factually incorrect, just like it’s factually incorrect when I have seen yourself say we definitely aren’t going down. You may believe that as that poster believes were are going down.

It’s in the balance but trajectory and momentum would seem down is more likely. Remember we spent all but the last week of the season in the top 4 and pretty much the same the season after and finished 5th so it doesn’t really matter we aren’t in the bottom 3 now, it matters after 38 games and given we are only like 1 point above the bottom 3, I think looking at league position is not really telling the whole story…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Certainly is factually incorrect, just like it’s factually incorrect when I have seen yourself say we definitely aren’t going down. You may believe that as that poster believes were are going down.

It’s in the balance but trajectory and momentum would seem down is more likely. Remember we spent all but the last week of the season in the top 4 and pretty much the same the season after and finished 5th so it doesn’t really matter we aren’t in the bottom 3 now, it matters after 38 games and given we are only like 1 point above the bottom 3, I think looking at league position is not really telling the whole story…

Spot on 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok a win always takes the jitters away, for now anyway! Unless they do a Leicester 2014/15 season I can see Southampton and Bournemouth going down so it's probably just that one place to avoid. We will see how we fair after the next few matches but cheers boys for making more positive tonight. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Shep said:

Ok a win always takes the jitters away, for now anyway! Unless they do a Leicester 2014/15 season I can see Southampton and Bournemouth going down so it's probably just that one place to avoid. We will see how we fair after the next few matches but cheers boys for making more positive tonight. 

Southampton and Bournemouth are both within 3 points of safety, so by no means certs to go down or cut off from the rest of the league.

For a start, they've both beaten us this season.

Strange results start to appear at the latter end of a league season, so we need to concentrate on ourselves and get points in the bag.

42 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Southampton and Bournemouth are both within 3 points of safety, so by no means certs to go down or cut off from the rest of the league.

For a start, they've both beaten us this season.

Strange results start to appear at the latter end of a league season, so we need to concentrate on ourselves and get points in the bag.

We always lose to the relegated sides :whistle:

Guest Col city fan

I’m far far more optimistic of us staying up now. The 11 we put out today was a good side, minus Ward.

And if a fit Ricardo can come back all guns blazing, I can see us ending up safely around mid table.

One thing we do with everyone fit is scored goals, joint 7th higher.

Out goal difference is the best in the bottom half, which is like an extra point.

If we can get better defensively, we will have more then enough. Currently we are the 3rd worse team in the league for goals agasint.

Thought I'd put this in here as I put it together elsewhere. 

Leeds, Bournemouth and Southampton are really going to struggle to pick up many points from this next set of fixtures. And Palace's fixtures are brutal and they could easily get dragged into it. Everyone else has at least 2 or 3 winnable games and should be fine IMO. 

Next 8 Games:

Palace

Brighton H

Brentford A

Liverpool H

Villa A

Man City H

Arsenal A

Leicester H

Leeds A

Forest

Fulham A

Man City H

West Ham A

Everton A

Spurs A

Newcastle H

Wolves H

Villa A

Leicester

Spurs H

Man Utd A

Arsenal H

Southampton A

Chelsea H

Brentford A

Palace A

Bournemouth H

Wolves

Southampton A

Bournemouth H

Fulham A

Spurs H

Newcastle A

Leeds H

Forest A

Chelsea H

West Ham

Chelsea H

Spurs A

Forest H

Brighton A

Villa H

Man City A

Southampton H

Fulham A

Leeds

Man Utd A

Man Utd H

Everton A

Southampton H

Chelsea H

Brighton A

Wolves A

Arsenal A

Everton

Liverpool A

Leeds H

Villa H

Forest A

Brentford H

Chelsea A

Spurs H

Man Utd A

Bournemouth

Newcastle H

Wolves A

Man City H

Arsenal A

Liverpool H

Villa A

Fulham H

Leicester A

Southampton

Wolves H

Chelsea A

Leeds H

Leicester A

Man Utd H

Spurs A

West Ham A

Man City H

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

I feel much more optimistic after yesterday for sure. It was absolutely vital to win after our disastrous post-World Cup run. 

But looking at our fixtures, I still think we’ll be in the zone come the end of the month.

I still think we’re absolutely in a relegation scrap, and won’t think otherwise until I see a sustained improvement, particularly in defence 

• Like 1