Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Sweep over next 3 games…any pts are gravy..

Then a 15 game run in…45pts

chase is on….                 30-33pts

plus what we have………21pts

50+pts would be a decent season…

with good cup run..

38-42pts,  Jury still conferring…?

Now then,where does Rodgers really stand…

The huffing & puffing from some sections of FT see him dead & buried.

We really don’t know club stance on spray of manager obligations..

Is Rodgers the man of choice…if the up curve carries on…

Is the answer that simple….

# Squad needed that Rodger’s mentioned upgrade..

# Injuries do make that a big difference…

# All fans desperately underrated the general shit we are in,on & off-field…???

OH..!! And Tete is just a temporary make over,that fits our bill.

Or do we have special plans….?? Or sitting in to see if something turns up…?

Only thoughts, I have no clue what’s happening..

So please don’t shoot the messenger..

11 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Surely the Man City news means one relegation spot already in the bag. Just need to make sure we aren’t part of the two teams that will follow the bitter blues down. 🤞😂

Even with a points deduction man city will stay up, would take -50 points at least 

Strange match , Villa going full Santa Claus at the back - grotesque defending. Their forwards about as cool as Etna, why did they sell Ings? However Iheanacho showing how clueless Rodgers has been and Tete demonstrating attitude as well as skill. It is going to be a major battle at the bottom end but we look capable of pulling clear.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 15:11, funkyrobot said:

100+ violations and just a fine will certainly set a precedent though.

The Premier League won't want to spoil the run in with Arsenal. They also won't want the league to look ridiculous across the footballing world next season with the best team sat at the bottom, and even more so starting in the league below. Frustratingly it will be just a fine.

Look at what happened when the top clubs tried to form the breakaway league.....nothing of any substance. As you say though if they are just fined for 100, (assuming they all stick) violations, then any lesser FFP misdemeanours  by other clubs would have to be treated proportionally and leniently in the future. Massive precedent coming up.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 1

We can make an improvement and it still might not be enough - people need to put into context how mad it was that we were 13th in the league with under a point a game half way into the season.

We also cannot treat this next three games like they're bonus fixtures - particularly the next one.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 4

On 06/02/2023 at 14:11, An Sionnach said:

Strange match , Villa going full Santa Claus at the back - grotesque defending. Their forwards about as cool as Etna, why did they sell Ings? However Iheanacho showing how clueless Rodgers has been and Tete demonstrating attitude as well as skill. It is going to be a major battle at the bottom end but we look capable of pulling clear.

We need to buy Tete some ear plugs so he continues to play his natural game and not catch Rodgers tactics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

We can make an improvement and it still might not be enough - people need to put into context how mad it was that we were 13th in the league with under a point a game half way into the season.

We also cannot treat this next three games like they're bonus fixtures - particularly the next one.

Totally agree the one and only M.O. coming from Rogers is go out and bloody win all the games regardless of the opposition!

Other results have really put into context our own at the weekend.

All those saying we won and we’re back and we don’t need to worry now, well a lot of our rivals, Everton, Wolves and Leeds have had much more impressive results this week. 

The above and us have put further ground between Southampton and Bournemouth who lost so those two are more in trouble than they were.

Makes me very nervous that other sides have had just as busy transfer windows as us (Everton aside) but also made changes of manager which clearly do have an affect time and time again.

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Other results have really put into context our own at the weekend.

All those saying we won and we’re back and we don’t need to worry now, well a lot of our rivals, Everton, Wolves and Leeds have had much more impressive results this week. 

The above and us have put further ground between Southampton and Bournemouth who lost so those two are more in trouble than they were.

Makes me very nervous that other sides have had just as busy transfer windows as us (Everton aside) but also made changes of manager which clearly do have an affect time and time again.

EC323302-DCAF-4EB9-A017-3C73E0E94CAC.gif.3f5fe8ed4b45b3daba1c9f2245b3a0e7.gif

• Haha 1

We’ll finish mid table. 

We’ve got enough firepower.

The defence has always been the issue. It’s just looks better with the new additions. Get Ricardo back in or maybe Castagne back on form, we’ll all feel safer. 

Fingers crossed the club are working on finding a goalkeeper, two centre backs, two centre mids, a forward and finalising the official transfer of Teté

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

We’ll finish mid table. 

We’ve got enough firepower.

The defence has always been the issue. It’s just looks better with the new additions. Get Ricardo back in or maybe Castagne back on form, we’ll all feel safer. 

Fingers crossed the club are working on finding a goalkeeper, two centre backs, two centre mids, a forward and finalising the official transfer of Teté

If we go down, I’ll spend an entire months wages in the Forest merch shop. And I’d rather eat my own sh*t than spend a quid in there.

• Haha 1

One swallow does not make a summer (does improve a night though). 

A decent result against Villa will make Rodgers feel vindicated in what he has bee saying, I hope he takes the tactics into the next few games, but we have seen it before, languishing low down the table. We then start playing this free flowing attacking, exciting to watch which sees us fans start saying we have turned the corner. To then only go back to Pull/Rodgers ball that makes you want to scratch your eyes out. 

Will this time be any different? I hope so, but I doubt it. 

13 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I genuinely think some of our fan base prefer it when we’re shite so they can have a good whinging session.

Not at all (well that’s not the case for me). 

Saturday was a great game. Yes I admit it is deflating that we get a good win and then the sides around us turn over the sides at the top. All I was saying is puts it more into perspective.

If we can pick up a couple of points in the next 3 games that’ll be great as we may do enough by going into fast track bully mode (like we did before the World Cup) but I’d like to see us not roll over against the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd and as I say, even a couple of points would be lovely!

• Like 1