Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Still way too early to call all of this, it's tighter than I can recall most seasons. 

What I hope is we have another decent run to counteract the 4 game losing streak we had after the World Cup to put us only a few wins away from 40 pounts with 8-9 games of the season to go. That would make it feel far more comfortable, but that might not be how it goes.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Southampton, Bournemouth and West Ham would be a touch in terms of losing some very boring aways. Beggers can't be choosers but Wolves could happily clear off for me too.

Yeah, I don't like Leeds but the away day is brilliant.

Just a little gap starting to fall into place between Southampton and Bournemouth and the rest. 
It would be great if Man Utd and Liverpool could show up this week and leave the bottom 5 a little bit adrift.

For us, all of a sudden we are closer to the top 10 than we are the bottom 3.

Two tough games coming up, but once we get through these two, only Man City In the last 14 I think wouldn’t fancy us getting anything from.

• Like 1

We are a team almost entirely reliant on confidence. I'd back us in most games, including the tough 3 upcoming, so long as we are on a streak. Clearly it works the other way too. However, right now, we do look capable of pulling out results when we need to. 

Palace are woeful. Forest have had every dollop of luck going this season and surely that's gonna dry up. West Ham look painfully poor. 

Personally, I have a sneaky feeling Bournemouth are not half as bad as their results suggest. I think they are due a couple of results. 

Think those 3 signings (3 out of 3 good and what we needed for the first time in Rodgers' tenure) have done enough to keep the dream alive. If we can ride this wave for another month that should take us to a point where the 3rd worst team won't be able to catch us.

Edited by BigGibbo
Errant apostrophe eradication to appease Nod.E. 😂

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I'm thinking we'll make 60 odd.

Can't see that I'm Afraid. That would mean we'd pretty much have to win 12 of 16 games remaining just to even hit 60.  We'll inevitably draw a couple.

We can beat anyone on our day especially with this new confidence but we still have some big sides to play. Anything around 50-55 is achievable and would be a good second part of season.