Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Shouldn't even be down there

Correct. Said all season it'd be probably the worst relegation ever if we did drop.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Form in the last 15 is top six.

Just handicapped by a dreadful start in the first 7 games.

Quite an interesting point. Didn't realise that but it makes some sense.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I was always confident in our squad anyway. Don't like to use the "too good to go down" but that is close to my view. No one is invincible but I was and am confident we will do enough.

11th/12th on close to 50 points and an FA Cup win.

Too good to go down is a derided cliche but it is the case of 17 teams of 20 every season. I really do think it applies to this squad. It shouldn't be in the discussion. We are but I'm pretty confident we power out of it now even despite the next two games. I no longer fear games like I did a month ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

For what’s it’s worth, I don’t think that will be the case! Although it is a weird season with no stand out side cut adrift such as Sheff Utd a couple of years back and Norwich…we’ll every time they come up. Watford as well recently. 

Not sure if that leads to a lower tally for the 18th placed team or higher totals overall….or a team or two do get cut adrift over the next weeks.

We shouldn’t be caught up in it anyway now but a couple more wins ASAP would be welcome as we are so streaky as a side, just as easily as we can win a couple we could go the other way again.

A lot depends on Southampton Bournemouth and or another team now slumping till seasons end.Plus how many points Arsenal and Man City get.
I set minimum win targets by certain points of the season.Like international breaks and FA Cup 3rd round weekend.We’re doing it a topsey turvey way this year but are now ahead of schedule.Been spoiled in recent seasons.

Looked to be a bit of unease with new manager bounce around us but 'new transfer bounce' seems to have transformed us.

The way we played the last 2 games is closer top 6 than relegation form 

Not out of the woods yet should we get to the imtermational break in around 11th or 12th the worst may be over. 

• Sad 1

Should be fine but:

Only 2 teams have conceeded more goals than Leicester (both are bottom of the table).

Only  5 teams have scored more goals than Leicester (all in the top 6).

I could see us getting to the top 6 if we continue the run of form, but we need to make up 11 points.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Should be fine but:

Only 2 teams have conceeded more goals than Leicester (both are bottom of the table).

I could see us getting to the top 6 if we continue the run of form, but we need to make up 11 points.

Playing well at the moment, but I’m not sure we’re able to close that gap. Don’t get me wrong, a top ten finish should be our aim now but nobody can be upset if we don’t make Europe

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Should be fine but:

Doubtful, we would need to hit the 2pts per game mark, to get around 56 points.

In the last 8 seasons that would have only secure 7th 3 times.

Only chance of Europe is an FA Cup win.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Doubtful, we would need to hit the 2pts per game mark, to get around 56 points.

In the last 8 seasons that would have only secure 7th 3 times.

Only chance of Europe is an FA Cup win.

Exactly, those taking about European places in the league are just getting over excited as it won’t happen, too big of a gap.

We do find ourselves in an interesting position with the cup. A lot of the big sides out, a home

game against Blackburn (no pushovers and we will have to turn up but favourable) to get into the last 8. If we can get a couple more league wins and get past Blackburn so as to be in a comfortable position in the league by the time the quarters come around, we could really go all in!

32 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Exactly, those taking about European places in the league are just getting over excited as it won’t happen, too big of a gap.

We do find ourselves in an interesting position with the cup. A lot of the big sides out, a home

game against Blackburn (no pushovers and we will have to turn up but favourable) to get into the last 8. If we can get a couple more league wins and get past Blackburn so as to be in a comfortable position in the league by the time the quarters come around, we could really go all in!

Rodgers will go for it ..But could still come with changes...

21 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Rodgers will go for it ..But could still come with changes...

I am/have been one of his biggest critics but undoubtedly he takes the cup competitions seriously at least in terms of line ups. Yes sometimes the approach to the game (such as Roma) is pathetic but the line ups go for it.

That was my point though, if we can get closer to safety before that stage comes around, I’d prefer him to focus on the cup even if that means resting a couple for the league games that will hopefully be meaningless by then as if they are, it’ll mean we have got to safety!

31 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I am/have been one of his biggest critics but undoubtedly he takes the cup competitions seriously at least in terms of line ups. Yes sometimes the approach to the game (such as Roma) is pathetic but the line ups go for it.

That was my point though, if we can get closer to safety before that stage comes around, I’d prefer him to focus on the cup even if that means resting a couple for the league games that will hopefully be meaningless by then as if they are, it’ll mean we have got to safety!

Rodgers has shown in the past,he'll make changes but believing that side is strong enough to get through...safety no safety...

At the moment these last 2 games have given us some respite,but also together fanbase & squad belief has broken out,that results are obtainable.

That is the most important thing...

To think a month a go,these next 2 fixtures were looked at in some trepidation...Now the sky is the limit..,but still holding that ..one game at a time approach..

• Like 2

Just looked up the 538 predictions again 

We are now as low as 5% for relegation. Interestingly they have Forest as high as 33%. Having looked their fixtures - I can see why. They are pants away from home. But then at home, they have to play Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Newcastle and Brighton. 

That makes their games v Everton, Wolves and Saints huge or they have to sort out their away form sharpish 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

We are now as low as 5% for relegation. Interestingly they have Forest as high as 33%. Having looked their fixtures - I can see why. They are pants away from home. But then at home, they have to play Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Newcastle and Brighton. 

That makes their games v Everton, Wolves and Saints huge or they have to sort out their away form sharpish 

I want Forest to tick along & not go down,the region needs these local rivalries...Plus great banter bragging rights...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Also a sharp reminder at how out of tough our fanbase is. All these relegation doom and gloomers gone all quiet again.. how surprising.

:brendan_still:

• Thanks 1

Well anyone of these clubs are still fighting relegation.

with Soton & Cherries showing some fight,

that fat lady can’t yet be even found let alone ready to sing..

Chelsea..I am daring fate, & a collapse

……………………………………played…..GD…..pts

Chelsea ……………………………23………0……..31

Aston Villa………………………….23……..-10..….28

Crystal Palace……………………..23……..-10…...26

Nottingham Forest………………..23………-20…..25

Leicester City………………….…..22...….    -2…. .24

Wolverhampton Wanderers………23…..…-15.  …23

Everton……..……………………....23……. -13…  .21

AFC Bournemouth………….…..…23……. -23…...21

—————————————————————————Drop Zone

West Ham United………………….22……    -8..….20

Leeds utd……………………..……23……   -11…..19

Southampton………………………23…….  -21..…18

He who dares….for the next 15 games..

what price the foxes with next 2 games ?
for a neutral, great perspectives & permutation games..

If this is going to the wire, who’s bought the best clippers ??

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

16 pts needed.  5 wins from 14.  After ManU and Arsenal, we do not have many games left against ESL teams.  Surely Rogers can not f@$k this up??

Like our opponents, the fking up,will be 90% from the players side.

And guardian angel of injury losses…all those 20 clubs have decent squads

Rodgers can only select & sit back  & see what plays out, He has confirmed his tactics…

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Like our opponents, the fking up,will be 90% from the players side.

And guardian angel of injury losses…all those 20 clubs have decent squads

Rodgers can only select & sit back  & see what plays out, He has confirmed his tactics…

I don’t think this is right, and for any manager by the way, not just Rodgers. A managers job is not done when the match kicks off, they need to earn their money with the tweaks and changes in match and inspire at half time etc. 

On 13/02/2023 at 06:29, LCFCJohn said:

Surely Rodgers knows by now that a lot of our so-called second string players,  when combined together in the same side, are just not  good enough for the later stages of any cup run.

10 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I don’t think this is right, and for any manager by the way, not just Rodgers. A managers job is not done when the match kicks off, they need to earn their money with the tweaks and changes in match and inspire at half time etc. 

The tweaks ,and subs are part of the select process..

half time talks-inspiration,motivation agree…

Wanted at least 5 points from our February games so being on 6 with Arsenal to go is fine with me

March Southampton (A), Chelsea (H), Brentford (A)

Should be targetting at least 4 points from Southampton and Chelsea, Brentford I think we will lose

April Palace (A), Bournemouth (H), Man City (A), Wolves (H), Leeds (A), Everton (H)

Will be a big month for us, other than Man City no reason we should go into any of those thinking we can't get 3 points

May Fulham (A), Liverpool (H), Newcastle (A), West Ham (H)

Hopefully we do enough in March and April otherwise there is a risk it could come down to that final game vs West Ham

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Close this thread. We’re not going down. We score SO many more goals than any of the bottom half. That will keep us up. 

We are 3 points off the zone heading into March, we are not safe. 

• Like 1