Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Guest Col city fan

I dont see that team that started today as a relegation side.

As I said, pre match, today doesn’t make much difference imo. I never thought we’d get a point anyway 

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, sheffield_fox said:

Something else has to go drastically wrong for that side to get relegated. They're not a million miles from getting their shit together and hoping for a good season next season.

we need the keeper situation sorting for sure, as you can tell none of the defence have confidence in Ward

17 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

lets be realistic, we've already got 6 points more than most expected us to get this month and it would be like us to go get something against Arsenal next week

Arsenal are doing shite at the moment. I never expected us to win today, but a draw/win next weekend is more likely.

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Arsenal are doing shite at the moment. I never expected us to win today, but a draw/win next weekend is more likely.

My only annoyance is they got a win in the midst of being all over the place and they'll surely take some confidence from that, we've gone from the ultimate highs of the last 2 games to resembling the defensive calamity of our chaos from the destructive parts of the season.

The longer I'm a football fan,the less I truly believe anything other than momentum decides singular moments and we are now at risk of the pendulum swinging once again.

I've seen enough in the last few weeks to think we ought to still have a lot of belief and determination to finish the season and achieve a respectable outcome but let's not forget the weak chin, we could still get ko'd, one established club is going this season I'm convinced of it and thankfully as a recovering compulsive gambler I never put my money where my gob is but we aren't immortal under this regime when the going gets tough, in fact we are a disgrace at times.

Don't let today shake the mindset, we know we aren't a defensive wall, we are a team that scores goals and hurts teams. Respect the craft, get the 6 wins we need in the next 15 as a bare minimum and see where we end up. 

• Like 2

Honestly before the Brighton game I thought we would be bottom off the table now with 1 or even 0 points from the last 4 games. We're still in a relegation fight but 7 points so far from a difficult fixture list has put us in a good position to capitalise on the easier fixtures coming up.

The games against Southampton, Wolves, Everton, Leeds etc are the ones we need to be winning, losing against 3rd in the table man United isnt that big of a deal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My only annoyance is they got a win in the midst of being all over the place and they'll surely take some confidence from that, we've gone from the ultimate highs of the last 2 games to resembling the defensive calamity of our chaos from the destructive parts of the season.

The longer I'm a football fan,the less I truly believe anything other than momentum decides singular moments and we are now at risk of the pendulum swinging once again.

I've seen enough in the last few weeks to think we ought to still have a lot of belief and determination to finish the season and achieve a respectable outcome but let's not forget the weak chin, we could still get ko'd, one established club is going this season I'm convinced of it and thankfully as a recovering compulsive gambler I never put my money where my gob is but we aren't immortal under this regime when the going gets tough, in fact we are a disgrace at times.

Don't let today shake the mindset, we know we aren't a defensive wall, we are a team that scores goals and hurts teams. Respect the craft, get the 6 wins we need in the next 15 as a bare minimum and see where we end up. 

I believe West Ham will go. Seem a lot worse than us at the moment.

I’m naturally a pessimist but I’m going to predict wins against West Ham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Palace and Southampton. Might even shithouse Liverpool again. Chuck a few draws in for good measure.

• Like 2

Just now, phoneticerror said:

I believe West Ham will go. Seem a lot worse than us at the moment.

I’m naturally a pessimist but I’m going to predict wins against West Ham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Palace and Southampton. Might even shithouse Liverpool again. Chuck a few draws in for good measure.

Last game of the season could be disgusting

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

a could spring to mind for me at would be WHU or Saints, I'd so the latter more so as their forward line doesnt seem the best all in all

I've seen enough this month to say we have a good chance of staying up, as I said, weve got 6 points more than any of us expected so far in Feb

So many different trains of thought.

1 - On our day, we can our score any team. We’ve been on our day a bit more recently so this is positive.

2 - Even when on our day, we do still tend to leak like a sieve. Given the goals we concede, it puts a lot of pressure on the forward line and when they have a bad day, we are always likely to lose, like today (albeit OT is always a tough place to go and they are doing well so it’s not too disheartening).

3 - Still a lot of questions over the mentality for me. The team still shows that their heads can drop quickly when faced with adversity.

4 - We showed before the World Cup we were beating the sides below us. With the goals we score, you’d hope we would continue that. 

5 - We are such a streaky side, just as quickly as we can have some good games, the confidence can go and we can go on a losing run again.

On balance, I think we’ve seen enough from the first half hour today, the Spurs and Villa games and even signs in the Brighton draw that we should do enough to end up comfortable.

However, those saying we definitely won’t go down or too good to go down, this is not the case. The points 2,3 and 5 above are a concern and mean there will be questions marks there for many (myself included) until we get the required points total.

• Like 3

it’s quite scary that west ham were on an unbeaten run and found themselves in the relegation zone today. 

I’m not sure we can afford another one of our bad runs.  The fixtures are really not kind as we’ve got a bit of momentum and i’m worried that starts to fade with another negative result against asrsenl. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s quite scary that west ham were on an unbeaten run and found themselves in the relegation zone today. 

I’m not sure we can afford another one of our bad runs.  The fixtures are really not kind as we’ve got a bit of momentum and i’m worried that starts to fade with another negative result against asrsenl. 

That unbeaten run was in the midst of 5 points from a possible 24

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

It was 3 games, same as ours although we managed 2 more points. They've won 1 in 11.

• Like 1

Not the game that will relegate us but a bad weekend indisputably and another like it next weekend will have people twitchy again. I think we'll be OK, but we aren't out of this - we all thought we were in November and then January happened. We're a very streaky team.

• Like 1