Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

As crazy as results were this weekend gone, I wouldn't put it past us to beat Arsenal, while some of Everton/Villa, West Ham/Forest and Southampton/Leeds drop points. 

Forest also have Everton after the next round of games. 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

As crazy as results were this weekend gone, I wouldn't put it past us to beat Arsenal, while some of Everton/Villa, West Ham/Forest and Southampton/Leeds drop points. 

Forest also have Everton after the next round of games. 

My natural pessimism sees it differently. Some if not all six of those pick up a point(s). I think Wolves will get something on Friday at Fulham.

The Bournemouth and Palace games are more comforting, and hopefully both will lose.

However, looking at the fixtures we really can't afford to lose against Arsenal. A draw would be good, and draws in the other six-pointers. It means we've stayed pretty much as we are, and seen off a top six game. 

Despite my opinions I’ve never bothered with the worry of relegation, I’ve always thought we’d be alright in the end - despite our style of play.

However, It’ll be down to our resolve, how we ‘break teams down’ and mentality.

I have massive concerns over all 3 of the above, we have previous to raise these concerns.

April’s a huge month.

Edited by Matt

We score too many to go down but we're doggo defensively. We've conceded 3 (41) fewer than Bournemouth (44) and we've conceded the 19th most xGA too (39.1)

It's progressively worse defensively year on year under Rodgers

22/23

1.7 xGA per game

1.78 goals conceded per game

21/22

1.25 xGA per game

1.55 goals conceded per game

20/21

1.21 xGA per game

1.31 goals conceded per game

19/20 

1.19 xGA per game

1.07 goals conceded per game

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:
5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I think we hit a wall when Mandy got realised and just got spiralled into being pissed off with the officials. 

Genuinely unsure about what this is - Mendy got...?

You need to pay attention mate, didn't you watch the match? Part-timer or what? That moment when Mandy got realised was deffo the turning point.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We score too many to go down but we're doggo defensively. We've conceded 3 (41) fewer than Bournemouth (44) and we've conceded the 19th most xGA too (39.1)

22/23

1.7 xGA per game

21/22

1.25 xGA per game

20/21

1.21 xGA per game

19/20 

1.19 xGA per game

This is typical of teams under Rodgers , however I thought we had a new defensive coach. If Rodgers however insists that no - nonsense defenders like Souttar and Faes try to play expansive football , we will concede goals. We have to get the balance right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

22/23

1.7 xGA per game

21/22

1.25 xGA per game

20/21

1.21 xGA per game

19/20 

1.19 xGA per game

Incoming posts crying about xG

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

You need to pay attention mate, didn't you watch the match? Part-timer or what? That moment when Mandy got realised was deffo the turning point.

Sincere apologies for my having not watched the match, and looking after my mental health in the process.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

22/23

1.7 xGA per game

21/22

1.25 xGA per game

20/21

1.21 xGA per game

19/20 

1.19 xGA per game

Even accounting for the drop-off in individual quality e.g. Evans now essentially being a non-factor, Ndidi having regressed and Ward being Ward, that is quite alarming

February looked a very difficult month. If we get a point on Saturday that is 7 from 12 which I think we'd have snapped arms off for. 

Still too close for comfort but we should have enough. This was also the time last season our form improved. Need to keep our heads.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Booked 

I know I sure spiraled. Turned the thing off. If we go down by 3 I'm done. This season when we're bad we're really bad. And I don't mean good. At least not in 70s speak.:D

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

you clearly didnt watch the game on Sunday. log off will you.

Look I thought we set up well yesterday and played well for a while, and a lot of it we were undone by awful officiating. I’m not going to be critical of Rodgers or the players for the game yesterday and there were plenty of positives from our recent improvement.

However, the poster you have quoted is exactly right that we didn’t show any mettle. When things went against us we did fold. So politely, I would suggest you are guilty of what you have put in your post?

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

22/23

1.7 xGA per game

21/22

1.25 xGA per game

20/21

1.21 xGA per game

19/20 

1.19 xGA per game

Mad how it's gone up every single season. It's poor coaching.

• Like 1