Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, demon_dog said:

I remember many years ago Coventry fans saying they were to good to go down. Look what happened to them!

Unless you're established with 20+ years, I think it's likely you'll go down. There must be some stats knocking about of the average length of stay in top flight? Certainly since the oil money rolled in. 

The thing is, probably 6 of the bottom 8 are saying their squads are too good to go down, but for 1 of them that won't be true.

A few 6 pointers in the relegation battle this weekend again, and another tough game for us so I'm not going to get too carried away, whatever happens.

I think we'll do enough, but I hope the players don't just believe "they're too good to go down"

16 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Unless you're established with 20+ years, I think it's likely you'll go down. There must be some stats knocking about of the average length of stay in top flight? Certainly since the oil money rolled in. 

For the "big 6", a small crisis will land you in mid table. For any other team in the league, a small crisis could see you relegated.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

For the "big 6", a small crisis will land you in mid table. For any other team in the league, a small crisis could see you relegated.

Very true. Look at Liverpool's "crisis" - last 16 of Champions League and top 6 is very doable. Even Chelsea could click, go on a run and finish 7th where they'd be likely to walk the 3rd European cup. 

Our best outcome is top 10 and our worst is relegation. 

• Like 1

We'll probably stay up and it'll no doubt be enough to keep the loyalty of the loonies that still want the fraud here. Can't wait for this season to end and for someone important at the club to wake up from their day dream and act for the good of the club

If we do go down we fully deserve it as its completely self inflicted. Don't wanna see anybody saying we were hard done by 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Weirdly, partly feel this too. I think the other part is that I just don't want to think it lol

Especially if West Ham are still involved. 

I just don't feel like this team has enough mental fortitude to get a win under such circumstances. Think they'll shit themselves silly. 

That's what I think Stan. My concern is that we're in contention on the last day...when these boys have proven time and again they buckle under pressure. We may have some decent players but we have no steel.

• Like 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

That's what I think Stan. My concern is that we're in contention on the last day...when these boys have proven time and again they buckle under pressure. We may have some decent players but we have no steel.

April is a huge month. I hope we get enough points then to avoid having to fight for anything in May! 

I have to laugh at all of the people predicting relegation for Leicester. Yes the points are tight and you're in amongst it all, albeit nearer the top of it. But it'd still take an immense collapse based on the teams below you, even if you're struggling to perform to your potential. You'll pick up enough points against the bottom half teams to not worry about it seriously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I have to laugh at all of the people predicting relegation for Leicester. Yes the points are tight and you're in amongst it all, albeit nearer the top of it. But it'd still take an immense collapse based on the teams below you, even if you're struggling to perform to your potential. You'll pick up enough points against the bottom half teams to not worry about it seriously. 

People always doubt their own team/expect the worst.

I have been confident all season that we'll be fine in the end. We won't be miles ahead but comfortable enough. Ask me again end of April if we are still in the thick of it