Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I have to laugh at all of the people predicting relegation for Leicester. Yes the points are tight and you're in amongst it all, albeit nearer the top of it. But it'd still take an immense collapse based on the teams below you, even if you're struggling to perform to your potential. You'll pick up enough points against the bottom half teams to not worry about it seriously. 

I think this is about fair and where I see us when not being pessimistic about our side. We are poor but have a good set of fixtures remaining and are no worse than those below us. Hoping we've pretty much sealed safety by the end of April, otherwise it could get twitchy. I reckon we'll land around 42 points, and that will be fine.

• Like 1

I think I've said it before here. The teams with the worse GD will be relegated. There is no way Forest are staying up with a -24 GD (it will get worse the following weeks). It's going to be a Guinness record if they manage to avoid relegation with such a GD. Everton and Wolves are in trouble for different reasons, the latter mainly because they're struggling to score. Leeds' safe. We'll finish 10th or 11th.

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

I have to laugh at all of the people predicting relegation for Leicester. Yes the points are tight and you're in amongst it all, albeit nearer the top of it. But it'd still take an immense collapse based on the teams below you, even if you're struggling to perform to your potential. You'll pick up enough points against the bottom half teams to not worry about it seriously. 

I don’t think immense collapse is the right term as such. Everybody down there is capable of picking up a result or two, hence nobody is cut adrift and it’s so close. None of us are capable of doing that for more than a couple of games so nobody is pulling away, or at least gets sucked straight back in.

Its the sort of season where you could sleep walk into the bottom 3 late on rather than plummet from mid table and apparent safety but from hovering above for months.

My concern is and always has been, we are the mentally weakest team in the league. If we end up on the wrong side of the line at the business end, the manager and players haven’t shown any signs they have the strength needed to face that head on….

This is what’s left. I’ll

leave it blank so you  can copy and paste your own predictions on to it. Realistically, four wins and some draws might be enough. Five wins almost certainly keeps us up. So where are the points coming from? Depends which City turns up ….

Southampton (A)

Chelsea (H)

Brentford (A)

Palace (A)

Villa (H)

Bournemouth (H)

Man City (A)

Wolves (H)

Leeds (A)

Everton (H)

Fulham (A)

Liverpool (H)

Newcastle (A)

West Ham (H)

Southampton (A).   1

Chelsea (H).            1

Brentford (A).           1

Palace (A).               1

Villa (H).                    3

Bournemouth (H).     3

Man City (A).             0

Wolves (H).                3

Leeds (A).                 1

Everton (H).               3

Fulham (A).                0

Liverpool (H).             0

Newcastle (A).           0

West Ham (H).           1

42 pts. 

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Southampton (A) - 0

Chelsea (H) - 0

Brentford (A) - 0

Palace (A) - 1

Villa (H) - 3

Bournemouth (H) - 3 

Man City (A) -0

Wolves (H) - 1

Leeds (A) - 0

Everton (H) - 0

Fulham (A) - 0

Liverpool (H) - 0

Newcastle (A) - 0

West Ham (H) - 1

35 points :unsure:

Some pretty pessimistic shouts in there. If we don’t pick up any points against Brentford, Southampton, Leeds, Everton or Fulham then we definitely deserve to go down.

21 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Some pretty pessimistic shouts in there. If we don’t pick up any points against Brentford, Southampton, Leeds, Everton or Fulham then we definitely deserve to go down.

I acknowledge probably seems pessimistic. My thoughts are;

Southampton will be fighting for their lives and I’m not sure we will deal with the pressure.

Brentford are great, they haven’t lost for months so I think will be far too good for us.

Leeds, similar to Southampton but their fans will create an intimidating atmosphere that we will struggle with.

Everton will do their usual escape act but have a good record at the KP. 

Fulham again, flying high, away from home, they will be too good for us.

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Southampton (A) - 0

Chelsea (H) - 0

Brentford (A) - 0

Palace (A) - 1

Villa (H) - 3

Bournemouth (H) - 3 

Man City (A) -0

Wolves (H) - 1

Leeds (A) - 0

Everton (H) - 0

Fulham (A) - 0

Liverpool (H) - 0

Newcastle (A) - 0

West Ham (H) - 1

35 points :unsure:

I think that unduly pessimistic for a team that won away at Villa and thrashed Spurs. 

Yesterday was a poor performance, but don't overreact.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We did but time is showing that game to be as much about them on the day as us. They had a terrible defence out as well.

Nah, we battered them. Credit where it’s due. Nothing to do with opposition, can only beat what’s in front of us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I acknowledge probably seems pessimistic. My thoughts are;

Southampton will be fighting for their lives and I’m not sure we will deal with the pressure.

Brentford are great, they haven’t lost for months so I think will be far too good for us.

Leeds, similar to Southampton but their fans will create an intimidating atmosphere that we will struggle with.

Everton will do their usual escape act but have a good record at the KP. 

Fulham again, flying high, away from home, they will be too good for us.

At the same time everyone looked at the games against Villa, spurs, United and arsenal and said we’d be lucky to get a point, so to come away with 6 is pretty good.

Again I think everyone has overreacted a bit. Yday was a dire watch, but we were very very close to getting a good result. And against United it would have been a different game if we’d taken our chances. 

The last 2 games haven’t been good enough, but I’m convinced that with our players back in we will be far from relaxation come the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I think that unduly pessimistic for a team that won away at Villa and thrashed Spurs. 

Yesterday was a poor performance, but don't overreact.

We can’t win a game without Maddison for starters so we are a one man team.

And tbh those two games you mentioned whilst great, were outliers from what we have seen for some time.

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

At the same time everyone looked at the games against Villa, spurs, United and arsenal and said we’d be lucky to get a point, so to come away with 6 is pretty good.

Again I think everyone has overreacted a bit. Yday was a dire watch, but we were very very close to getting a good result. And against United it would have been a different game if we’d taken our chances. 

The last 2 games haven’t been good enough, but I’m convinced that with our players back in we will be far from relaxation come the end of the season.

Ultimately it depends how much Maddison plays!

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I assume you don't mean mathematically safe with 4 games to go because to gain an additional 9-10 points differential in the next 10 games is highly unlikely.

I think we will be around the 36 point Mark by then, so not mathematically safe, but near enough.

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm pretty sure you will beat Southampton, even without Maddison. They are still terrible at home, and as long as you don't play like you did against Arsenal you'll score at least one against them. 

Same with Bournemouth at home. 

We haven't won a PL game without him this season I don't think?

• Like 1