Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm pretty sure you will beat Southampton, even without Maddison. They are still terrible at home, and as long as you don't play like you did against Arsenal you'll score at least one against them. 

Same with Bournemouth at home. 

We have already managed to lose to both sides this season….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

This is what’s left. I’ll

leave it blank so you  can copy and paste your own predictions on to it. Realistically, four wins and some draws might be enough. Five wins almost certainly keeps us up. So where are the points coming from? Depends which City turns up ….

Southampton (A) 1

Chelsea (H) 0

Brentford (A) 0

Palace (A) 1

Villa (H) 1

Bournemouth (H) 3

Man City (A) 0

Wolves (H) 1

Leeds (A) 3

Everton (H) 1

Fulham (A) 0

Liverpool (H) 1

Newcastle (A) 0

West Ham (H)

12 points so 36 points going into the last game of the season will that be enough to stay up , it’s going to go to the last game imo.

Leeds v Spurs

Leicester City v West Ham

Everton v Bournemouth

Southampton v Liverpool

Crystal Palace v Notts Forest

Arsenal v Wolves

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

I have to laugh at all of the people predicting relegation for Leicester. Yes the points are tight and you're in amongst it all, albeit nearer the top of it. But it'd still take an immense collapse based on the teams below you, even if you're struggling to perform to your potential. You'll pick up enough points against the bottom half teams to not worry about it seriously. 

It’s easy to laugh and think it’s not realistic but our league position does not reflect how close to the drop we really are.

-3 points off relegation, 6 points off bottom.

-2nd most losses in the league behind Southampton.

-2nd highest number of goals conceded behind Bournemouth (who had a 9-0 loss this season). 
-7 wins out of 24 and 3 draws. Based on this run rate we’d get another 13-14 points from our remaining fixtures leaving us with 37-38 points.

We play all the teams around us except for Forest so yes it’s in our hands but we also have to be realistic about the situation. We are not out of trouble by any means. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think 17th place will require more than 38 points this year.

Since we have been back in the PL no one has gone down on 38 points

Hard to see it being higher when you consider the teams at the bottom have to play each other.

Ideally we need to find 5 wins and a couple of draw.

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Since we have been back in the PL no one has gone down on 38 points

Hard to see it being higher when you consider the teams at the bottom have to play each other.

Ideally we need to find 5 wins and a couple of draw.

Good point about playing each other taking points off each other etc. However, I can’t remember in the last years one where it is so close at this stage of the season. Normally at least one team is cut adrift at the bottom, sometimes two. That is what makes me think it could be a high total.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Good point about playing each other taking points off each other etc. However, I can’t remember in the last years one where it is so close at this stage of the season. Normally at least one team is cut adrift at the bottom, sometimes two. That is what makes me think it could be a high total.

Actually the reverse, if you have two team adrift everyone else picks up more point as those two give up points.

When it's more equal everyone cut each other throats.

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

12 points so 36 points going into the last game of the season will that be enough to stay up , it’s going to go to the last game imo.

Leeds v Spurs

Leicester City v West Ham

Everton v Bournemouth

Southampton v Liverpool

Crystal Palace v Notts Forest

Arsenal v Wolves

They aren’t my point scores??? 🤔🤔 

Too much quality to be close to going down. Unless we lose Barnes, Kel, Madders and Tete to injury we have too many goals in the team to go down.

The fact that relegation is even a discussion 4 years into the managers tenure and he's not got a lick of pressure on him is mind blowing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't think we'll be anywhere near relegation at the end of the season. With players coming back and the fixtures easing we should be fine. We also have a much better goal difference which is worth a point or two come the end of the season.

I just hope BR is deciding who leaves and who stays and gets the right kind of players in early in the window and get them ready for the new season. 

Its shaping up to be the tightest relegation battle in a while I think. No one team is completely adrift yet and there are realistically 8-9 teams that could get dragged in.  

We are way too close and way too mentally fragile for my liking. 

58 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Actually the reverse, if you have two team adrift everyone else picks up more point as those two give up points.

When it's more equal everyone cut each other throats.

Fair enough, makes sense. Does mean that 3 spots are there to be filled with no obvious certainly to fill them (people will say Southampton but they are capable of getting results). Normally at this time, it’s just 18th or maybe 19th spot to keep an eye on.

I think for the discussion and weekly debate relegation stays a concern…

until this side can prove it won’t fall in in a hole,we don’t know the outcome…

But next 3 games,gives us a chance to get back on the,right side of problem solving..

Soton…Chelsea…Brentford…

We only pick up 3pts,we are still in that fatefull area of doubt.

We pick up 7 or 9pts, no guarantees,but we can breath somewhat easier,also drawing away hopefully from that bottom 3..

Then after the next checkpoint,International break…We see

Palace…Villa….Bournemouth before Man.city.

Then ,   Wolves & Leeds

If we have a poor return,and not least drawing some big battles,we then go down to the wire…If however,our old and new investments can stamp their authority over the whole piece…Then before Man.city we should be more relaxed.

9 clubs fighting to breath,with sharky we had the biggest noses, who can grapple for air,  & who can knock the wind out of the others…

Nose by Nose,game by game, the sooner we can close any interest in this topic deso better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yes, indeed there's no Norwich or Watford this season to be the obligatory two teams to fill two of the three relegation spots like they're usually has been each alternate season in recent years! 

2 minutes ago, Guy said:

Yes, indeed there's no Norwich or Watford this season to be the obligatory two teams to fill two of the three relegation spots like they're usually has been each alternate season in recent years! 

Yep, Sheffield United and Fulham have played that role recently too. Very even league this year, much better for a neutral but nervous to be involved at the wrong end!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yep, Sheffield United and Fulham have played that role recently too. Very even league this year, much better for a neutral but nervous to be involved at the wrong end!

Yes, Fulham have been the exception to the usual 'yo yo' collection of teams this season and definitely have no reason to worry about continuing that role, at least not this season! 

We have too much quality and will have the odd game like the first two this month that'll be enough, but despite beating most of the other bottom sides in the first try I'm less convinced we'd do it under the real threat of relegation, the pressure would be higher.

Disgraceful how successfully he's reduced standards here. I honestly think we could get relegated and the general consensus in football would be that it was our fault for not backing him in the summer rather than the absolute joke that this squad is even in trouble.

24 points from 24 games. Abject.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

You could well be right. It might also mean the opposite, as there's nobody to sit at the bottom losing every game, nobody's got that 'at least we can get points off Crapchester Donkeys FC' and you'll end up with half a dozen teams scrabbling in the last couple of weeks to claw their way to safety with 35 points!

We shall see...!

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

the thing that seems different this year is that teams actually are taking points off of each other…. not just drawing. 

It seems there’s a winner everytime the bottom clubs face each other. Which is a pain! 

Edited by Lambert09