Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

10 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Would anyone here take another FA cup trophee if it meant we got relegated? And the opposite if we stayed up.

I would definitely take it.

I don't really care for all the money in the game and would sooner have memories of cup wins at Wembley with my friends.

We'd bounce back eventually and our support would get a much needed shake up.

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

The game is above winning stuff to be fair….

I think that still IS the game.

Look at Spurs. Possibly the best domestic stadium in the world but haven’t won a trophy for yonks.

Same with Newcastle. The Geordies would have given a Newcy brown and a stottie to win the league cup. 
In ten years time, or twenty, or thirty, will you look back at the 2023 season as the season Leicester got relegated or the season we won another FA Cup?

Fans don’t look back at how much money a club has made in a particular financial year, they look back fondly at winning trophies.

You can have as much money as you like in football. If you win fook all, it means nothing.

I think the one saving grace in the media driven modern world of football is what STILL actually matters.. winning trophies.

It’s the end of February.  What stands between us and the drop?

Two good new defenders … Nacho, if he plays … Maddison’s knees … Barnes’ good days … and a handful of other lousy clubs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sdb said:

I've not seen a side as bad as us in any PL game this season. We have good days, but they're few and far between. Every other side looks at least one of organised, passionate, talented, promising. We tend to lack all those qualities.

I think we'll go down. It all feels very Peter Taylor.

Not being funny, mate, but you can't have watched a lot of football this season.

I agree that we're in massive trouble and in very real danger of going down, but some other sides have been woeful.

Southampton losing a 1-0 lead at home to 10 man Wolves, just for starters.

We're fvcking awful, but we are nowhere near the statement you've made.

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We are an injury away in the spine of the team from relegation. 

If Faes or Soutter get injured, that’s Amartey in. 
If Maddison is unfit, that’s our midfield with zero creativity. 
If Kelechi gets injured, we are short there 

And as for the keeper…..oh hang on we don’t have one ….we are royally in trouble and those wishing or not worried about relegation you should be…..the last time we went done it took years to get back……I hope we stay up at all costs and then worry about BR afterwards 

This team are used to going behind every week, used to losing. Confidence is incredibly fragile. You can't see with a couple of influential players missing now and only 1 striker worth a chance how this lot can stay up. Sadly it looks pretty inevitable where we're heading.

Damage was done long ago though. 3 new lads gave a brief lift but the gloom has set in again it appears.