Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Going down will be a good thing for us as mad as it sounds. Get this club killer in charge gone, get rid of half the zombie crowd and bring a bit of life back into the KP. Rediscover what made the club what it was a few years ago. If it means starting all over then **** it, can't stand the image of our club at the minute anyway, ground up I say.

3 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

When did we accept the crap? 

We accepted the ridiculous collapses from the top 4 because 'it's still our second best ever finishes and we're in Europe'

We accepted our abysmal displays in those competitions because people bought his little old Leicester bollocks.

You can deny it all you want but there's been so much acceptance and lowering of standards over the last few years 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We accepted the ridiculous collapses from the top 4 because 'it's still our second best ever finishes and we're in Europe'

We accepted our abysmal displays in those competitions because people bought his little old Leicester bollocks.

You can deny it all you want but there's been so much acceptance and lowering of standards over the last few years 

It's the accept part I don't get. What can we do? Boycott games. Protest more. Maybe.

Most of us are fed up with it but I think the word accept is not correct imo. Rodgers knows what many fans think...he doesn't come out on the pitch as much, if at all these days. The lacklustre atmospheres recently suggest to me a lack of acceptance. 

15 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

Going down will be a good thing for us as mad as it sounds. Get this club killer in charge gone, get rid of half the zombie crowd and bring a bit of life back into the KP. Rediscover what made the club what it was a few years ago. If it means starting all over then **** it, can't stand the image of our club at the minute anyway, ground up I say.

Bring back the clappers!

Relegation was not such a disaster back in the day but these days it can be if you don't get back up in a season or two. I fear that the decline that has appeared far too quickly since we won the cup is going to mean the drop. 2 good games against Villa and Spurs but back to rubbish again all too soon. 

We have the least amount of fight and spirit in the whole league from what we’ve seen. This sets the alarm bells ringing from a relegation perspective for me. On top of this we have a manager who admits the players completely ignored his game plan against Arsenal from the 1st minute but was unable to get them to change their mentality. We’re really awful at home, we have statistically the worst goalkeeper in the league, we only have one striker who can score goals in Iheanacho, our best ever centre forward in Vardy looks gone. Our former vital CDM’s form has dropped off a cliff (Ndidi.) With Tielemans out for 6 weeks at least we now only have one real creative player in Maddison and he’s not reliable in terms of fitness/availability. Our back up players are either mistreated/mistrusted by Rodgers (Mendy/Praet/Soyuncu ) not reliable (Daka/ Amartey) or way off the level they need to be (Soumare/Thomas/Vestergaard.) We've lost 3 games on the bounce and have been humiliated by a Championship side with their main strikers both injured. We are in real trouble. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

Big problem with  that is good players will be sold for next to nothing  to get there massive wages of the books., which will potentially  leave us with ward ,Thomas and a few kids. Madders and youri will be gone anyway. Kel must want out.  Tim and praet will want out to dave their international  careers. Kdh and brnes will go. Will be left with bones and that's dangerous when you need to bounce straight back and rhen survive the next season.

7 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

The Championship is a gruelling competition, you need guts and organisation.....can you see what the issue might be?

That last night should be a serious wake up call to everybody. It won't be some cakewalk.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

I thibk we will be fine. Rodgers is the luckiest man in football. The footballing gods just won't let it happen

He really is. I honestly think he's a really crap manager who has lucked out opportunistically for years. I can't escape that thinking now.

The seasons we bottled top 4 and the Europa league exit would not fill me with confidence going into a relegation battle. Majority of our current crop have little investment/attachment to the club anymore - half of them off this summer regardless what league we're in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

It really won't.

We cannot afford to get relegated for many reasons.

Key word here - relegation great in principle but the parachute payments are tied up in a loan and there would still be an enormous wage bill to pay 

With Tielemans injury news fresh in the mind and following last nights 70 minute no-show I re-assessed our potential points total, I came to a conclusion of 35, plus what we get on Saturday i.e. 38 if we beat Southampton, it's just at the moment I see even that as a tough ask and couldn't make a call on it until I've calmed down!

Looking at those closing fixtures I wouldn't want to go into those Newcastle and Liverpool games with them needing points for top 4 / top 6 qualification and my Doctor says we can't leave it to the last day vs West Ham, so it's tight with very little wiggle room. 

Some of our previous forecasts were based on a team with Youri and Madders in it, without them and re-assessing where the creativity and spark will come from (hopefully Tete and Barnes) we look ordinary without them and at this level ordinary doesn't cut it. Individually I like Wilf, K D-H and Praet or maybe it'll be Mendy not Wilf but that's not a midfield 3 that will dominate games or trouble the final third of the pitch.

Hopefully a clean sheet and something from Nacho or Barnes on Saturday but there are a few other games where I don't see us getting anything.