Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

It's almost written that the final relegation place will come down to us and West Ham, we play them on the last game of the season and they will send us down, I can honestly see this happening! Especially after the 2 4th place finish capitulations, the wheels start falling off (not that they were ever on this season), and the final hurdle we fall.

12 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

We have the least amount of fight and spirit in the whole league from what we’ve seen. This sets the alarm bells ringing from a relegation perspective for me. On top of this we have a manager who admits the players completely ignored his game plan against Arsenal from the 1st minute but was unable to get them to change their mentality. We’re really awful at home, we have statistically the worst goalkeeper in the league, we only have one striker who can score goals in Iheanacho, our best ever centre forward in Vardy looks gone. Our former vital CDM’s form has dropped off a cliff (Ndidi.) With Tielemans out for 6 weeks at least we now only have one real creative player in Maddison and he’s not reliable in terms of fitness/availability. Our back up players are either mistreated/mistrusted by Rodgers (Mendy/Praet/Soyuncu ) not reliable (Daka/ Amartey) or way off the level they need to be (Soumare/Thomas/Vestergaard.) We've lost 3 games on the bounce and have been humiliated by a Championship side with their main strikers both injured. We are in real trouble. 

100% right in everything you say here. Especially the first sentence which is what worries me the most in our predicament.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

It's almost written that the final relegation place will come down to us and West Ham, we play them on the last game of the season and they will send us down, I can honestly see this happening! Especially after the 2 4th place finish capitulations, the wheels start falling off (not that they were ever on this season), and the final hurdle we fall.

I'm as cynical as anyone but what about Everton? Other than the Arsenal win they've been turd 

Reality is, any of the current bottom 10 could easily get relegated. No one has been cut adrift. And no one is playing well or putting together runs of form. 

Positives:

• between Nacho, Maddison, Barnes, Tete, Tielemans (injured I know) we maybe have a higher concentration of 'good' players who can occasionally dig us out of trouble with goals/moments of magic 
  • We have the 'best' GD of the bottom 10 
  • We have scored more goals than anyone else in the bottom 10
  • There's lots of other teams that look in trouble? 
  • It's in our hands because we still have games vs Southampton, Bournemouth, Wolves, Leeds, Everton

Negatives:

• Ward. He does and will continue to cost us points here and there
  • We concede too many goals
  • Not enough points from losing positions 
  • Not enough draws

We probably need 4 more wins. 14 chances. 

• Like 4

Not sure if this has been discussed but when we get relegated we're obviously going to have to sell a lot of assets. Would that also include seagrave? 

I'm sure just the running costs of that place would be enough to put us in administration in the championship without any parachute payments.

21 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm as cynical as anyone but what about Everton? Other than the Arsenal win they've been turd 

They're only 3 points behind us and they'll get them when they play us, so they only need 1 more point than us in the remaining games to finish above us. 

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

They're only 3 points behind us and they'll get them when they play us, so they only need 1 more point than us in the remaining games to finish above us. 

I'd still say they're at least as bad as us if not slightly worse. We at least have a few goals in us.

But at least they've tried to change something to try to stay up. We're just crossing our fingers and hoping

Edited by foxfanazer

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd still say they're at least as bad as us if not slightly worse. We at least have a few goals in us.

But at least they've tried to change something to try to stay up. We're just crossing our fingers and hoping

Dont go relying on Everton going down there a big club who will win big matches and there fans will manipulate all the crucial home gsmes ! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jono1604 said:

Dont go relying on Everton going down there a big club who will win big matches and there fans will manipulate all the crucial home gsmes ! 

A big game home to Villa lost , Arsenal last night no surprise lost, like us they have a massive game at the weekend at Forest , will be interesting to see how 'big' they are.

Fwiw I think Forest are truly v v poor not creating or scoring enough. Their run of 1-0 H wins or low scoring draws will not be sustainable and couple that with their horrendous A form I make them favourites with Bournemouth and Southampton to go down. 

Time will tell obviously 

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
Typo

22 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If Tielemans and Maddison don't feature in most of the games we've got left then we're certainly going down. I think there's a chance of us going down even with both of them in the team, we are so so bad, yet people keep saying we're too good to go down, how?!

I don't think Tielemans will be that much of a miss tbh, I'd be more bothered if Mendy got injured. 

On 01/03/2023 at 09:55, Foxdiamond said:

We've not had a clean sheet since the West Ham match before World Cup. We don't look like we can get one anytime soon. 

The odds of us keeping a clean sheet this weekend are only slightly lower than those for the same metric at our local dysentery hospital 

• Haha 1