Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Manchester United pre-match

A bit of me wonders whether we should go back to the midfield we played so effectively in the first full season under Rodgers ie Ndidi behind Youri and Maddison with Barnes and Perez wide and Vardy up top. I know KDH has done well for us and works so hard, etc but I do think his inclusion has led to a formation change that doesn't really suit us and has often led to Maddison being shunted out to the right wing. In saying all this, I know that Ndidi is off form and Youri might have left by Thursday so it's unlikely to happen. 

3 hours ago, Area88 said:

I predict a no score draw.

Absolutely no chance of us keeping a clean sheet against anyone, let alone against Fernandes, Rashford, Martial, Ronaldo, Sancho, Elanga and Antony. Oh and now they have Casemiro probably little to no chance of scoring either.

Hopefully there's a massive rocket fired up their you know what.

They need to treat this game as one where the players need to play well for the sake of their careers after what's been happening.

Hopefully the Fofana situation is resolved to suit all parties.

The problem is, that the Manager has to 

turn the situation around and for me he’s not showing me any evidence he’s doing anything to encourage the players to improve the situation. There’s nothing coming from the players either from their interview to give the fans any encouragement. I just hope, if and it’s a big if, we bring anyone in, that they type of players that will lift the squad and more importantly the fan!🏆

Edited by Lad1966
  • Like 1

I think we will keep the ball for long periods  but then an Amartey mistake will cost us and we will end up losing 0-2.

United are not great but at the moment we are terrible so i can't see us causing them too many problems.

6 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Ward and Amartey cluster fvck again in a 4-0 defeat coming up 

Love to know what Ward did wrong yesterday to contribute to the cluster**** you mention. I saw him pull off two or three saves and get mentioned by the pundits on both channels as doing well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Absolutely no chance of us keeping a clean sheet against anyone, let alone against Fernandes, Rashford, Martial, Ronaldo, Sancho, Elanga and Antony. Oh and now they have Casemiro probably little to no chance of scoring either.

About 3 or 4 of the names you mention are regularly touted by United fans as being part of their problems.

Our biggest disadvantage will be not playing against Maguire.

They haven't beaten us since the last game of the 2019/20 season when they got top 4 over us. Since then we've beaten them 3 times and drew twice, we were absolutely robbed at Old Trafford last season.

Anyway, not a chance we go 6 games unbeaten vs them. So it's another loss to be followed up with another one at Brighton and 1 point from 6 games surely sees the end of Rodgers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Ward

Vestegaard Evans soyuncu 

castagne.                                 Justin

Tielemens KDH. Maddison 

Nacho. Daka

...the amount of people choosing to go for a back three is worrying!!!

Soyuncu does not thrive in it, and unless we choose to play a "low block" having Vestergaard in your backline is not a good tactic.

At least if the players were comfortable in their positions, that would be one less thing to worry about,  and they can then concentrate on winning their own individual battles.

I don't see Rodgers playing on the counter so I suspect he will try to match up to the United formation.

If however we do play on the counter, then I would rather have Praet in, to make up a workmanlike midfield, and Youri consigned to the bench.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

Soyuncu does not thrive in it, and unless we choose to play a "low block" having Vestergaard in your backline is not a good tactic.

At least if the players were comfortable in their positions, that would be one less thing to worry about,  and they can then concentrate on winning their own individual battles.

I don't see Rodgers playing on the counter so I suspect he will try to match up to the United formation.

If however we do play on the counter, then I would rather have Praet in, to make up a workmanlike midfield, and Youri consigned to the bench.

The only time I ever advocate a back 3 is against Man Utd, they have been appalling against us when we've played it and not pressed us, so easy to expose them. New era though, surely can't be as bad.

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Apart from that you got it spot on haha