Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Manchester United pre-match

Wilf needs to be back in the side. If not  in midfield in defence. he is a better centre half than big bad Dan. 

All hell could break loose here in the stands if we get a good pumping 

10 hours ago, lee7 said:

I think we will keep the ball for long periods  but then an Amartey mistake will cost us and we will end up losing 0-2.

United are not great but at the moment we are terrible so i can't see us causing them too many problems.

Genuine question, so why do we do it?

I mean you literally gave an answer as to why it's not an effective gameplan.

51 minutes ago, adam said:

Wilf needs to be back in the side. If not  in midfield in defence. he is a better centre half than big bad Dan. 

All hell could break loose here in the stands if we get a good pumping 

Defense only for me, he really isn't good enough in midfield and just holds us back imo. We need to keep pressure off the back line by attacking 

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Defense only for me, he really isn't good enough in midfield and just holds us back imo. We need to keep pressure off the back line by attacking 

...we did that before, using a 4-1-4-1, formation!!!

He is more than good enough to be in the team as the DM, he is just being asked to do things he is not cut out to do. He has improved his new skills to a point, but to the detriment of what he does best.

If we continually judge him on the role he is now being asked to play, he will never be good enough.

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he will still be here next season, he is going nowhere,  not an itk!!!

He'll be here till the end of this season.

Don't think he'll be here next season.

When he can walk away for free other clubs will be interested in him, its no risk for them, whilst we are demanding money and clubs are looking at his form over the past year its abit of a gamble to them.

What he needs to realise is he needs to buck his ideas up to interest a certain calibre of club he has ambitions and thinks he should be at.

*Infact, contrary to my first sentence, he could have a slight gimmer of a January move, dependent on how his form is, how desperate we are for money and how desperate a buying club is - Can he talk to other clubs in January anyway?

Edited by Matt

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we did that before, using a 4-1-4-1, formation!!!

He is more than good enough to be in the team as the DM, he is just being asked to do things he is not cut out to do. He has improved his new skills to a point, but to the detriment of what he does best.

If we continually judge him on the role he is now being asked to play, he will never be good enough.

Not for me I'm afraid, a midfielder needs to be able to pass the ball and move the ball forward, not just tackle and recycle with a backwards pass. We need to take pressure off the defense by playing attacking football imo

36 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Yep! Iv heard 15 million bid coming in late.

We wouldn’t accept that (because we could get that amount in Jan if he has a decent World Cup) 

Knocking back a move to liverpool would seriously stretch the ‘professionalism’ he has so far showed 

We will keep losing until Rodger’s goes or changes his style.  See how Ten Hag changed the style against Liverpool and went long rather than play out from the back.

This game will be the same,

an Amartey mistake causing a goal.  Youri with his standard misplaced pass into the middle of the park. Slow build up from the back passing around and out of danger only to lose it carelessly when a punt out would do.

Youri seems unable to receive the ball and turn in one move anymore, something he did with style and ease two season ago. This is partly because Amartey is too slow to release the ball, you can see him physically stutter as his brain is deciding anything other than sideways. Also as Youri clearly doesn’t care. 

I can’t see anything other than a negative set up. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He'll be here till the end of this season.

Don't think he'll be here next season.

When he can walk away for free other clubs will be interested in him, its no risk for them, whilst we are demanding money and clubs are looking at his form over the past year its abit of a gamble to them.

What he needs to realise is he needs to buck his ideas up to interest a certain calibre of club he has ambitions and thinks he should be at.

*Infact, contrary to my first sentence, he could have a slight gimmer of a January move, dependent on how his form is, how desperate we are for money and how desperate a buying club is - Can he talk to other clubs in January anyway?

....with the talk of Liverpool being interested and of course Arsenal, then there is a possibility he could go, but I do not see him leaving here!!!

8 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

We will keep losing until Rodger’s goes or changes his style.  See how Ten Hag changed the style against Liverpool and went long rather than play out from the back.

This game will be the same,

an Amartey mistake causing a goal.  Youri with his standard misplaced pass into the middle of the park. Slow build up from the back passing around and out of danger only to lose it carelessly when a punt out would do.

Youri seems unable to receive the ball and turn in one move anymore, something he did with style and ease two season ago. This is partly because Amartey is too slow to release the ball, you can see him physically stutter as his brain is deciding anything other than sideways. Also as Youri clearly doesn’t care. 

I can’t see anything other than a negative set up. 

To be fair to Amartey he’s actually a decent passer, especially going through the lines, did well for Perez chance on Saturday. For all of his criticisms and many of them are deserved, his passing is not the issue.

• Like 1

From The Athletic the other week:

'You can be unlucky with a refereeing decision and get a result against United. You can play hard for little more than an hour and still take points from United. You can miss at least one obvious goalscoring opportunity and hurt United. You can take a speculative long-range effort “just to have a go” against United. Small flaws become glaring weaknesses when they are hit often enough, and United have many flaws that can be exploited by many teams.'

Sounds ideal!

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Knocking back a move to liverpool would seriously stretch the ‘professionalism’ he has so far showed 

I don’t think so. Why on earth should he be obliged to accept the offer of a job he doesn’t want, or which might not suit him, just because it might be a bit convenient for his current employers? (Would you? I wouldn’t.) It’s hardly a Matt Piper to Sunderland situation, where leaving could actually be the difference between the club surviving or not!

4 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

I don’t think so. Why on earth should he be obliged to accept the offer of a job he doesn’t want, or which might not suit him, just because it might be a bit convenient for his current employers? (Would you? I wouldn’t.) It’s hardly a Matt Piper to Sunderland situation, where leaving could actually be the difference between the club surviving or not!

I meant we would knock back the offer …..

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1