Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Manchester United pre-match

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Genuine question, so why do we do it?

I mean you literally gave an answer as to why it's not an effective gameplan.

It baffles me too. 

I hate watching it because we have no end product.

The style of play doesn't suit the players we have currently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

WINIT!!!               

Iversen 

Castagne - Lacroix - Evans - Justin

Tielemans - Soumaré - KDH

Maddison   -   Vardy   -   Barnes 

Have I missed something 

13 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Can't wait for the Rodgers interview about not having enough strength and understanding the fans frustration in not signing new players 

I mean, he wouldn't be wrong about fan frustration in not signing new players. Regardless of how much the board trust or want anyone to make the transfers, we desperately need a centre back in to replace Fofana.

On 27/08/2022 at 17:47, Tielemans63 said:

There's some big questions around this game, such as:

Will we start playing at 2-0 down or wait until we're 3-0 down this time?

In what minute will Amartey make his customary howler?

Will Brendan bring on Mendy or Wilfred when we're chasing the game?

So many unknowns.

But unfortunately one known.... Anotber pasting ☹️

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I mean, he wouldn't be wrong about fan frustration in not signing new players. Regardless of how much the board trust or want anyone to make the transfers, we desperately need a centre back in to replace Fofana.

The issue is that he frames it as though the new signings will make things better in our eyes. 

We do need new players but equally we need proper coaching.

I suppose if we are going to beat them, now is as good as anytime to face them. They are still working out what they are as a team and think TH is a little way away from sorting things out. Thought they weren't great against Southampton and Liverpool were really poor the game before. Also, all the pundits are creaming themselves over them now as they have won 2 in a row, so fingers crossed they take their eye off the ball and can't manage 3 wins in a row.  Later in the season i think they are going to be more of a force.

Although, no idea how Rodgers sorts us out. Have to presume Cags is still on the naughty step, so its bomb scares and OAP's in defense. The only hope is that Madders is fired up and Vards gets his first of the season. My dream is 3-2 us (2xMadders, 1xVards) after going 1-0 down quite quickly. But more realistically 2-1 them.

4 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

The Dream:

Iverson 

Castagne 

Evans 

Soyuncu 

Thomas 

KDH 

Ndidi 

Tielemans

Maddison

Barnes 

Vardy 

Reality: 

Ward

Castagne

Evans

Amartey

Justin  

I’m as staunchly Rodgers Out as the next man but even I expect him to pick more than 5 players

Tbh I thought there was a marked improvement from the Saints game. We could have won that one on Saturday. I think we'll make a game of this, I will stick my neck out and go for a narrow win or at worst a score draw.

I'd rest Vardy and stick Nacho in, or both of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Luke at left back is a dream for you ?? 

yeah after seeing JJ for the first 4 games, very predictable playing left back. Would rather us play a natural LB. I mean potentially I’d start him over Castagne at RB but I’m not sure about LB anymore.

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

We'll sign 2 players which will get everyone up for the match, under the lights  Man U in town, until Brendan sits them both on the bench😕 deflation.

But that will obviously happen, if we do sign anyone. It’s Monday. We play Thursday. No way any new signings will be playing on Thursday.