Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Manchester United pre-match

12 minutes ago, dnewty said:

As it stands I can see the KP being a very toxic place on Thursday night. Let’s be honest if United score from a set play in the first 10 minutes that ground will turn quickly.

Yeah my kids 1st ever night game but worried about that

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dnewty said:

As it stands I can see the KP being a very toxic place on Thursday night. Let’s be honest if United score from a set play in the first 10 minutes that ground will turn quickly.

Hopefully with it being a game against 'Manure'  Top will be in attendance.

If it does turn a bit savory so to speak The crowd needs to pipe up and clearly express our need for Rodgers to be sacked.. 20000 plus "Taxi for Rodgers" for a good 5 mins should be enough or even better a rendition of "Rodgers Out"

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Man Utd

Injuries?

“We’ve had most of the guys in training and available. Maddison we’re hopeful. We’ll see how he is tomorrow.”

Fofana?

“Nothing as of yet. Nothing has been confirmed. The club will let you know.”

Bring players in?

“Naturally that would be the case. We have to wait until there is any confirmation.”

Deadline and match at same time?

“We’ve waited til this point and not a great deal has happened. We’re hopeful we can do one or two things to improve the squad but that will take place outside of the match.”

Players lined up?

“It’s very late in the window but our recruitment team have done a great job over many months finding players. If we can press the button on one or two, we will do that.”

Players going out?

“Not at this moment in time. There have been no enquiries. We’ll see if that changes over the next 48 hours.”

Ten Hag?

“Erik is adapting to the league and he will see the intensity is very different. He needs time to assess the squad under pressure and time to bring in the players he wants, and time to put in place the philosophy. That can be difficult, but I’m sure he will do very well.”

Parker?

“Bitterly disappointed for Scott. He did a great job in getting them promoted. He has had difficulties getting players in. It’s been unfortunate for him that he hasn’t been able to do that. It’s resulted in him leaving his post. He’s shown early in his career as a manager that he can do a fantastic job. I’m sure he will get a very good post.”

Start to season?

“This league is all about consistency. We should have more points than we have. We have been in good positions in games. We haven’t been able to turn that into points. We would hope to have a better start.”

Solutions?

“What’s important at this stage is that there is clarity for the players in terms of the plan. There’s no magic formula. It’s about hard work. Keeping things simple as possible. If you get that bit of luck as well.”

Chelsea?

“We conceded a goal from outside the box and you want to have pressure. There are players at this level than can combine and shoot from 25 yards out. That should be a red flag. That’s something we are looking to improve.”

Soumare and Praet?

“For Bouba I’m pleased, he helps us get through the pitch quicker. He’s short on game fitness. I’ve been really pleased with him in training, so if he can take that into games, he can have a really good season for us. Dennis has been keen to show he can have an impact on the squad.”

Only seven wins in 2022. Concern?

“The game’s about results. We have to continue to work hard to find those results.”

Targets for season?

“I’ve mentioned before that I would wait until after the window closes. It will be clearer after Thursday."

Desire?

“It’s very difficult to transfer, that desire to be first to the ball. We do lots of works on static positions from set-pieces and the organisation. That’s done throughout various numbers of exercises.”

Club in sync?

“I think I mentioned before that any environment to develop has to be stable. Our stability is not there. That will change when the window closes. There are players that maybe thought they were moving on but they’re not. We haven’t been able to get players in to improve. And then there are players in the last years of their contracts. We need to beat the drum collectively. We have talented players but it doesn’t count for anything if it’s not done collectively. When the window closes, it should settle down.”

Need more than just Wesley to go?

“I think we’ll be able to do something if Wesley goes. At the beginning of the window, it was earmarked that a number of players might move, but that hasn’t materialised.”

Difficult to plan transfers?

“You’re trying to prepare for so many what-ifs. When you don’t have the funds there to do anything, it’s very difficult. It hasn’t stopped a lot of great work going on behind the scenes.”

Where want signings?

“We’ve got a number of areas we want to improve. Let’s see what the window brings.”

Edited by moore_94

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Time for us as supporters to stick our big boy pants on. We can wallow about the situation or we at the very least back the players. The squad ain't changing overnight regardless of Rodgers situation. 

Time to crank up the siege mentality, park the sorrow to one side and start creating the stadium a bit more of an uplifting place. Collectively, we have a choice not to 'stand still'. Time to give some in support 

Well said

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Hopefully with it being a game against 'Manure'  Top will be in attendance.

If it does turn a bit savory so to speak The crowd needs to pipe up and clearly express our need for Rodgers to be sacked.. 20000 plus "Taxi for Rodgers" for a good 5 mins should be enough or even better a rendition of "Rodgers Out"

Id say 90% of the ground can't muster the energy to vocally support the players at the moment. If they can suddenly get up to sing stuff like that then what's the point. 

Yeah most might not like the manger etc but christ you are Leicester City fan, get behind the players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It’s very late in the window but our recruitment team have done a great job over many months finding players. If we can press the button on one or two, we will do that.”

Press the fvcking button now you melon. 

I've long thought Wilf will end up at CB so move him there now to play with and learn from Evans, I also like the link up of Thomas, KDH and Barnes down the left, the interplay was really good last season

Ward

Castagne Ndidi Evans Thomas

Soumare Dewsbury-Hall

Iheanacho Maddison Barnes

Vardy
Edited by Jimmy

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Man Utd

Injuries?

“We’ve had most of the guys in training and available. Maddison we’re hopeful. We’ll see how he is tomorrow.”

Fofana?

“Nothing as of yet. Nothing has been confirmed. The club will let you know.”

Bring players in?

“Naturally that would be the case. We have to wait until there is any confirmation.”

Deadline and match at same time?

“We’ve waited til this point and not a great deal has happened. We’re hopeful we can do one or two things to improve the squad but that will take place outside of the match.”

Players lined up?

“It’s very late in the window but our recruitment team have done a great job over many months finding players. If we can press the button on one or two, we will do that.”

Players going out?

“Not at this moment in time. There have been no enquiries. We’ll see if that changes over the next 48 hours.”

Ten Hag?

“Erik is adapting to the league and he will see the intensity is very different. He needs time to assess the squad under pressure and time to bring in the players he wants, and time to put in place the philosophy. That can be difficult, but I’m sure he will do very well.”

Parker?

“Bitterly disappointed for Scott. He did a great job in getting them promoted. He has had difficulties getting players in. It’s been unfortunate for him that he hasn’t been able to do that. It’s resulted in him leaving his post. He’s shown early in his career as a manager that he can do a fantastic job. I’m sure he will get a very good post.”

Start to season?

“This league is all about consistency. We should have more points than we have. We have been in good positions in games. We haven’t been able to turn that into points. We would hope to have a better start.”

Solutions?

“What’s important at this stage is that there is clarity for the players in terms of the plan. There’s no magic formula. It’s about hard work. Keeping things simple as possible. If you get that bit of luck as well.”

Chelsea?

“We conceded a goal from outside the box and you want to have pressure. There are players at this level than can combine and shoot from 25 yards out. That should be a red flag. That’s something we are looking to improve.”

Soumare and Praet?

“For Bouba I’m pleased, he helps us get through the pitch quicker. He’s short on game fitness. I’ve been really pleased with him in training, so if he can take that into games, he can have a really good season for us. Dennis has been keen to show he can have an impact on the squad.”

Only seven wins in 2022. Concern?

“The game’s about results. We have to continue to work hard to find those results.”

Targets for season?

“I’ve mentioned before that I would wait until after the window closes. It will be clearer after Thursday."

Desire?

“It’s very difficult to transfer, that desire to be first to the ball. We do lots of works on static positions from set-pieces and the organisation. That’s done throughout various numbers of exercises.”

Club in sync?

“I think I mentioned before that any environment to develop has to be stable. Our stability is not there. That will change when the window closes. There are players that maybe thought they were moving on but they’re not. We haven’t been able to get players in to improve. And then there are players in the last years of their contracts. We need to beat the drum collectively. We have talented players but it doesn’t count for anything if it’s not done collectively. When the window closes, it should settle down.”

Need more than just Wesley to go?

“I think we’ll be able to do something if Wesley goes. At the beginning of the window, it was earmarked that a number of players might move, but that hasn’t materialised.”

Difficult to plan transfers?

“You’re trying to prepare for so many what-ifs. When you don’t have the funds there to do anything, it’s very difficult. It hasn’t stopped a lot of great work going on behind the scenes.”

Where want signings?

“We’ve got a number of areas we want to improve. Let’s see what the window brings.”

Not sure about anyone else but feel like there's a change in tone here, maybe the club have asked him to be less angsty about the transfers. He mentions having deals lined up, praises the recruitment team etc etc. Feels quite briefed for a change! (not praising him, praising the club for potentially having a word)

Ward

Justin-(New Signing)-(New Signing)-(New Signing)

(New Signing)-KDH

(New Signing)-Maddison Barnes

Iheanacho

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Time for us as supporters to stick our big boy pants on. We can wallow about the situation or we at the very least back the players. The squad ain't changing overnight regardless of Rodgers situation. 

Time to crank up the siege mentality, park the sorrow to one side and start creating the stadium a bit more of an uplifting place. Collectively, we have a choice not to 'stand still'. Time to give some in support 

Yep.

Just a shame people seem to turn up and just wait for us to concede. I said post Stockport I have no issues people booing but when it's the only noise they make it's very frustrating.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Parker?

Preparing his excuses.

Though it is true and I'm sure Parker mentioned this himself.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Id say 90% of the ground can't muster the energy to vocally support the players at the moment. If they can suddenly get up to sing stuff like that then what's the point. 

Yeah most might not like the manger etc but christ you are Leicester City fan, get behind the players.

At which point in my post have I suggested not supporting the team. The chants (if ever made) would clearly be directed at once single source... Rodgers. 

i.e. "Taxi for Rodgers" 

If I had suggested general booing as a way of showing disgruntelment towards him, I could just about see your point..  So how about having a pop at the 90% in the ground mate who you claim can't be ars*d to vocally support the team

Edited by Guppys Love Child