Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sambiasso

Wout Faes

15 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Because players are solely based on how much they cost.

More worried about his stats than his price tag - I hope he is awesome - just very surprised we aren’t going for someone at least a bit more recognised as at least being one of the next big things - the 2 French based cbs from last season that West Ham have signed are on a complete different level to this lad - as iv said I hope he does well and will support him 

His first three appearances of the season.

Marseille - Own goal

Strasbourg - Yellow card

Lyon - Yellow card

I can see why we would want him though from some elements of his game. Reims averaged the lowest amount of possession in Ligue 1 last season, Faes though was statistically their best passer of the ball. 

He also earned his first Belgium call up this year so that’s encouraging.

I watched the game against Marseille the other week, in a defence where he scored an own goal and shipped four, it was very easy to be put off.

Just giving the game against Lyon a watch though, he played a key role in the Reims goal by carrying the ball out of defence. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

single game footage of him, better than highlights reel imo. Has to be watched on YouTube and can’t be embedded for some reason…

link

For a guy poor in the air according to his stats he won about 20 headers in this clip alone lol 

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

His first three appearances of the season.

Marseille - Own goal

Strasbourg - Yellow card

Lyon - Yellow card

I can see why we would want him though from some elements of his game. Reims averaged the lowest amount of possession in Ligue 1 last season, Faes though was statistically their best passer of the ball. 

He also earned his first Belgium call up this year so that’s encouraging.

I watched the game against Marseille the other week, in a defence where he scored an own goal and shipped four, it was very easy to be put off.

Just giving the game against Lyon a watch though, he played a key role in the Reims goal by carrying the ball out of defence. 

I think it was you that said it, we needed a ball carrier out of defence. We missed Wes doing that massively last season. 

10 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Surely we aren’t replacing a 75m centre half with a lad for 15m that we’ve never heard of and is by all accounts ok - that can’t be the Wes replacement surely - must be the second Cb we are going to sign 

I think some fans need to adjust their expectations - we're £60m in the red from last year's transfers then didn't get Europe.

Buying players for cheaper fees at the end of their contract is exactly what I expect us to do with the Fofana money.

This seems to be a really positive transfer. Young but with top flight experience, just capped at a heavyweight international team and seemingly something of a much-needed tough guy.

We've had a really good record buying Belgian / French players, I trust our scouting network if this is the guy they've lined up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I watch the Ligue 1 highlights show on BT so have seen snippets of him on that. He's young, got potential to improve and is already a Belgian international so happy to get behind this one. Much prefer it to paying Dawson 75k per week. Did raise my eyebrows over the plan to give him a 5 year contract though, as he is a bit of an unknown quantity. 

For re sale value 

2 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

I think some fans need to adjust their expectations - we're £60m in the red from last year's transfers then didn't get Europe.

Buying players for cheaper fees at the end of their contract is exactly what I expect us to do with the Fofana money.

This seems to be a really positive transfer. Young but with top flight experience, just capped at a heavyweight international team and seemingly something of a much-needed tough guy.

We've had a really good record buying Belgian / French players, I trust our scouting network if this is the guy they've lined up!

I dont disagree with any of that- decent post- lets hope the lad hits the ground running

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Not going g to lie I would probably put him behind

Cags

Amarty

Vesteregard 

Nelson

Faes 

I guess it's a signing and a expensive one at that his value is or should be around 2 or 5 million 

Based on?

17 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I watch the Ligue 1 highlights show on BT so have seen snippets of him on that. He's young, got potential to improve and is already a Belgian international so happy to get behind this one. Much prefer it to paying Dawson 75k per week. Did raise my eyebrows over the plan to give him a 5 year contract though, as he is a bit of an unknown quantity. 

Mean we amortises he transfer fee over 5 years with around 2.5m per year hitting our accounts.

Which is useful if we are as skint as some believe.