Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sambiasso

Wout Faes

9 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The only problem is according to his scout report, he only makes 1 tackle per game.

BF0AB304-08D5-40F4-BBEC-29FA471D3CCD.thumb.jpeg.fdda4b04ccbe2afd1e3f4f21c3b433e0.jpeg

To be fair, he looks like he scares the crap out of opposing attackers so they might be staying as far away from him as possible. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Yes we need a defender whose more aggressive but in the right way. We don't need a nut job or someone who routinely gets sent off to the detriment of the team. We need that aggression to win the ball, to block shots, to stop the opposition.  We need that ruthlessness.

He only got 2 yellows in 37 league games last season, it was the season before he got 12 yellows and 2 reds, so hopefully he's matured! 

Although 2 yellows in 3 games so far this season!

Jawline of Cags, hairline of ...

1171262203_DavidLuiz.JPG.118cb0ebad77090ba9fcd7e7529f420c.JPG

If he's a hybrid of the two, he's going to be a massively talented, massive bombscare, with a massive ****

Edited by KingsX

51 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Seems we have gone from signing the most promising CB in Europe to someone we’ve never heard of and not exactly pulled up any trees…

Doesn’t mean he is crap but i do hope he has some pace and with jonny alongside, we simply won’t be able to play a high line 

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Despite his ball carrying ability having a hand in their goal against Lyon, his ball carrying stats are quite low, especially when you look at his progressive carries per90. 

His carrying stats are more aligned with Evans & Soyuncu rather than Fofana.

I just feel Fofana’s progressive ability needs to be replaced, we’ve been accommodating Amartey as our progressive defender so far this season. 

I can see why we’d want Faes in some ways, but in other ways I can’t, especially if we view him as a replacement for Fofana.

It's hard to feel totally reassured that we are replacing such a crucial player in Fofana (see last seasons car crash defending and playing out from the back) with a player that is 3 years older and as of yet doesn't seem to have the aerial prowess we so badly need and missed from Fofana or his ability to bring the ball out of defence. It's difficult to accept selling such a massive talent and trying to replace them. Even though its not guaranteed, a Lacroix or Ndicka would likely have felt more like for like.

Make no mistake, we need to replace Fofana's strengths or have to compensate for the lack of that elsewhere which right now I don't see where we can. He looks the ideal Soyuncu replacement however. 

Looking forward to seeing him though, hopefully he can give us some more bite as Amartey is powder puff.

• Like 4