Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sambiasso

Wout Faes

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm most excited about the fact he's consistently been the captain of the Belgian youth sides and seems to thrive off the battle and the competition. Quite happy that he's come from a club that's used to having their backs against the wall and he's had to get stuck in and truly defend. 

We need some battlers, we need some warriors and leaders. Foxestalk has been crying out for someone who'll get stuck in and scrap since Cags went off the boil. 

Might be getting ahead of myself a bit but he could even end up representing a net improvement in the squad if Fofana has been a disruptive presence. No doubt Fofana is a brilliant player and future super star but he's never been much of a leader or a presence. 

Fofana has also been crap so far this season. 

• Like 1

Also with all the negativity at the moment around the place, fair play on the recruitment team for seemingly getting a replacement in before Fofana is out the door.

He also has lovely locks and looking forward to seeing a Leicester player with long exotic curly hair. 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Fofana has also been crap so far this season. 

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Especially the last two games. 

That’s because Chelsea have had their thumb up his Arse turning his head making him act like a prepubescent spoiled child !!

Bit Excited about this Faes lad looks like he’s going to be quality after reading about him especially as he models his hair on Marouane Fellaini !😉😂

Edited by justfoxes
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....seems composed on the ball, solid defensively, good pace and gets good distance with his headed clearances!!!

Looks decent in that video. His reading of the game looks great, though will need to limit how much he goes to ground in the penalty area otherwise VARs going to have a field day with him. 

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's hard to feel totally reassured that we are replacing such a crucial player in Fofana (see last seasons car crash defending and playing out from the back) with a player that is 3 years older and as of yet doesn't seem to have the aerial prowess we so badly need and missed from Fofana or his ability to bring the ball out of defence. It's difficult to accept selling such a massive talent and trying to replace them. Even though its not guaranteed, a Lacroix or Ndicka would likely have felt more like for like.

Make no mistake, we need to replace Fofana's strengths or have to compensate for the lack of that elsewhere which right now I don't see where we can. He looks the ideal Soyuncu replacement however. 

Looking forward to seeing him though, hopefully he can give us some more bite as Amartey is powder puff.

Very much like the Vestergaard signing, it seems to me we are signing Faes for his ball playing ability, to have the passing/possession stats he does in a low possession team is pretty encouraging. Other elements of his game will depend if he’s a success or not, can he play in a defensive line such as ours for example, we know Vestergaard can’t hence is failings.

As I said to Babs, I’d prefer somebody similar to Fofana who can progress the ball both in terms of passing & carrying. Faes doesn’t come across as that type of player, neither does Ndicka & Lacroix if you look at their underlying stats.

Of the players loosely linked over the past few days, Loic Bade & Jean Clair Todibo are more comparable to Fofana.

As you’ve said yourself, Faes feels more like a potential long term replacement for Soyuncu, not Fofana.

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Very much like the Vestergaard signing, it seems to me we are signing Faes for his ball playing ability, to have the passing/possession stats he does in a low possession team is pretty encouraging. Other elements of his game will depend if he’s a success or not, can he play in a defensive line such as ours for example, we know Vestergaard can’t hence is failings.

As I said to Babs, I’d prefer somebody similar to Fofana who can progress the ball both in terms of passing & carrying. Faes doesn’t come across as that type of player, neither does Ndicka & Lacroix if you look at their underlying stats.

Of the players loosely linked over the past few days, Loic Bade & Jean Clair Todibo are more comparable to Fofana.

As you’ve said yourself, Faes feels more like a potential long term replacement for Soyuncu, not Fofana.

Any signing that keeps Amartey out of the side is an improvement.

55 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The only problem is according to his scout report, he only makes 1 tackle per game.

BF0AB304-08D5-40F4-BBEC-29FA471D3CCD.thumb.jpeg.fdda4b04ccbe2afd1e3f4f21c3b433e0.jpeg

Supposedly they say the best defenders need to tackle less as their anticipation is better. 

Or he doesn’t need to tackle as he intimidates opponents going by the posted video! 😂

Today at 19:07
by Vudidis
Soccer - Reims Stadium. Wout Faes, off to Leicester! - Journal L'Union subscriber

https://www.lunion.fr/id403096/article/2022-08-30/football-stade-de-reims-wout-faes-direction-leicester

Big loss  It's not possible

I'm hugely disappointed with his departure  Pale

We will miss him a lot.....

After Ekitiké, Rajko, Konan and now Faes..... I hope this time we are done with the departures of our best elements😡
  • Thanks 1

What a relegation signing this is he can’t  run he can’t shoot he can’t pass but he will a great card machine what the hell has happened to the scouts that found Kante drinky James mahrez vardy players that actually helped the side! Now we have Bertrands vestys Perez ghazzel  diabate god this is depressing 

Edited by Thebluefox85
  • Haha 2

Just now, Thebluefox85 said:

And a relegation signing this is he can run he can’t shoot he can’t pass but he will a great card machine what the hell has happened to the scouts that found Kante drinky James mahrez vardy players that actually helped the side! Now we have Bertrands vestys Perez ghazzel  diabate god this is depressing 

He's a defender who gives a **** if he can't shoot