Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sambiasso

Wout Faes

2 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

Oh, how we need someone like this desperately.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What we'd do for another one of him right now.

With any luck that's what we're signing, to an extent. 

It's worth establishing that the Belgian league historically has a reputation for being quite physical and robust. The quality and speed of play might not be up to the Premier League but it is physical and it does breed quite a few very strong players. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

I like the sound of him, body on the line, take no shit physical defender, blocking at all costs type player. Sounds very much like what we thought Cags was when he was good after Maguire went. 

Sort of player you want when you’re in the trenches for a scrap, like we might be this season. 

Brendan should be to train all these qualities out fairly quickly.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes the third player we've signed from anderlecht (indirectly).

I think ndidi, castagne, tielemans, praet and him were all playing in Belgium about that time and we scouted the league extensively then.

Wonder what these guys think about this signing?

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

Shows where we are when i'm this excited about fitness... he's missed about 8 minutes of football in the last 4 or so years lol (suspensions aside)

127 games in Belgium and France and he's played 11,422 of 11,430 available minutes!

Just wait till Brendan gets him into his fitness program. :ph34r:

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was a badly formed joke for "What Fees" implying that we had no money to spend on players, and someone was trolling the forum to take the piss out of the lack of transfers in or out of the club.

The fact that this is in fact a real player both cracks me up and makes me feel like we are completely ****ed at the same time. lol:facepalm:

From a fairly promising pre-season it's already about survival... what a ridiculous state of affairs! This is going to be a brutal season to watch.

• Haha 2