Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sambiasso

Wout Faes

12 minutes ago, leuven said:

I can't believe you are buying Faes, he was nothing special when he played in Belgium.

Admittedly I hadn't heard of him before yesterday, but players do mature at different ages - especially centre halves.

I read he was made Oostende captain as a teenager, and just won player of the year at a top flight French team. All the (other) noises around him seem to be positive!

Also, it seems the Belgium national set-up saw something in him - whether ability or potential, it still bodes well for a player potentially joining us for his peak years.

National team
2013 Belgium U15 5 (1)
2013–2015 Belgium U17 27 (0)
2016–2017 Belgium U19 9 (1)
2017–2020 Belgium U21 21 (0)
2022– Belgium 1 (0
Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

1 minute ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Admittedly I hadn't heard of him before yesterday, but players do mature at different ages - especially centre halves.

I read he was made Oostende captain as a teenager, and just won player of the year at a top flight French team. All the (other) noises around him seem to be positive!

Also, it seems the Belgium national set-up saw something in him - whether ability or potential, it still bodes well for a player potentially joining us for his peak years.

National team
2013 Belgium U15 5 (1)
2013–2015 Belgium U17 27 (0)
2016–2017 Belgium U19 9 (1)
2017–2020 Belgium U21 21 (0)
2022– Belgium 1 (0

I must admit I did not watch him at all since he went to France. But I found him very mediocre at Oostende.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Kind of contradicting yourself here fella. 

Not at all fella. Read the post. I don’t think he’s more than average. We should still get behind him and support him if that’s all we get. Positivity, because right now we are below average. 

1 hour ago, leuven said:

I can't believe you are buying Faes, he was nothing special when he played in Belgium.

Hopefully he has improved. He has recently been selected for your National Team?

1 hour ago, leuven said:

You don't have to be to play in Belgium do you?.

Where is Belgium BTW? lol

Edited by ElusiveEd

48 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Not at all fella. Read the post. I don’t think he’s more than average. We should still get behind him and support him if that’s all we get. Positivity, because right now we are below average. 

Why do you think he's average? How many times have you seen him play? 

Do you feel that publicly declaring his averageness on a forum read by other fans qualifys as "getting behind him"? 

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Why do you think he's average? How many times have you seen him play? 

Do you feel that publicly declaring his averageness on a forum read by other fans qualifys as "getting behind him"? 

Oh mate you could try harder. If you know football and know players, speak with fans and do your research you would also know that this guy is BANG average. I did, however, say that average currently might be a step up and I did say we should get behind the guy. 

I’m not about to drink the kool aid and slap on the rose tinted glasses just because it’s a new name. We’ve been down this road a few times and it never ends well, does it?

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Oh mate you could try harder. If you know football and know players, speak with fans and do your research you would also know that this guy is BANG average. I did, however, say that average currently might be a step up and I did say we should get behind the guy. 

I’m not about to drink the kool aid and slap on the rose tinted glasses just because it’s a new name. We’ve been down this road a few times and it never ends well, does it?

Sorry you missed the bit where I asked how many times have you seen him play? 

Your absolute off your head if you think publicly describing him as bang (capitalising the bang for extra emphasis) average, is getting behind him. 

Like you (presumably because you've dodged the question) I have also not seen him play but unlike you my idea of getting behind him is to concentrate on the fact he won the stade de remis player of the season this year and was capped for Belgium this year. 

He could be exactly what we need and give the whole place a lift and I'm excited to see what he can offer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Sorry you missed the bit where I asked how many times have you seen him play? 

Your absolute off your head if you think publicly describing him as bang (capitalising the bang for extra emphasis) average, is getting behind him. 

Like you (presumably because you've dodged the question) I have also not seen him play but unlike you my idea of getting behind him is to concentrate on the fact he won the stade de remis player of the season this year and was capped for Belgium this year. 

He could be exactly what we need and give the whole place a lift and I'm excited to see what he can offer.

Ooh aggressive little fellow aren’t you. I guess my opinion gleaned from stats, available videos, fan comments and careful consideration doesn’t match up to yours. Incidentally, how much have you seen him play?

Are you saying he’s not BANG average?